How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

11 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Piecemeal. One word. There's nothing peaceful about it. Look it up. 

True. There are many wrong ways to eat a sandwich.

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Piecemeal. One word. There's nothing peaceful about it. Look it up. 

characterized by unsystematic partial measures taken over a period of time.
"the village is slowly being killed off by piecemeal development"

Ah, the opposite of peace I see. Am liking these turns of words.
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:
characterized by unsystematic partial measures taken over a period of time.
"the village is slowly being killed off by piecemeal development"

Ah, the opposite of peace I see. Am liking these turns of words.

A piecemeal is random like what piece of the meal we're going to eat next. Random things can be peaceful and relaxing sometimes.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I am out exploring again, this time I was checking out the destinations and found myself at Hiraya Town and this place is incredibly impressive.

Snapshot_953.thumb.png.6ae082b8260979bfa820393f9aa7df3b.png

There is a ton of detail here, and my viewer is struggling, but it is beautiful.  Right now I am on the subway and trying to let everything load

Snapshot_962.thumb.png.4eed0c7dd3b54122b283ad0b25c4d2cb.png

I don't think my computer has it in it to do the region justice. 

Snapshot_963.thumb.png.93f5fc93d0366a6565f023c612863706.png

I love finding spots like this in SL.

A true explorer! When I am done furnishing I will also travel again around SL, it's such fun!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

image.thumb.jpeg.ff81dd2c54eb1e86d8c2e10dfe7f03ac.jpeg

I unleashed the lanterns, the walkway is not permanent, and I won't always have so many lanterns, but was fun.

Love that the things you do in your land are really the things that fit in what you would imagine of the  dreamest version of the end of the world.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, archangel969 said:

Love that the things you do in your land are really the things that fit in what you would imagine of the  dreamiest version of the end of the world.

Yeah! That's it! Had not articulated it like that in my head before, if this was the end of the world what would I be doing? My end goal is May so until then is random experiments. Thank you.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Hathoria said:

Looking for an apartment, anyone know of any cheap rentals?

apartment hunting 1

Applewood has some inexpensive properties.

Snapshot_966.thumb.png.e48585e5b8f17390e60ab6eea9a8806d.png

Three story apartment like these go for 100L a week for a 200 prim allowance.  I think there are 50L a week properties for 100 prim a week as well.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Applewood/123/66/55

I think the city is pretty nice looking.

Snapshot_967.thumb.png.6afcb5f3d7d054eae012ce86ea968c83.png

With that said, there was one time that I tried to rent from here and was not given an invite to the group so I could not rez anything and it was a pain trying to get group access.  I've been here a few times and it only happened once though

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I created an animation for my bed 😍 I think this was one of the  the first animations I have made for SL, but after seeing @Nalates Urriahmailbox picture I felt inspired to give it a try, using Animare.  I had forgotten I had purchased it quite some time ago and when looking for something to pose with in Firestorm I stumbled across it in the marketplace and saw I had purchased it already.

Snapshot_988.thumb.png.6bdd8d3dc7c55e381b9ab8a7810b871d.png

I think I am going to busy for quite a while creating new animations for SL now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Three story apartment like these go for 100L a week for a 200 prim allowance.  I think there are 50L a week properties for 100 prim a week as well.

That's pretty good! I'm paying a great deal more than that (for, admittedly, a higher prim allowance) for a smaller apartment. But I'm also paying for the peeling wallpaper and the bleak Brutalist architecture, so I have no real complaints.

As an aside, the fact that it IS possible to do things like this leaves me grumbling, again, that LL will not seem to consider an urban theme for Linden Homes. If they did, I'd go Premium in a shot. But I don't want to live in a suburb -- not even in a hobbit hole or a houseboat.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That's pretty good! I'm paying a great deal more than that (for, admittedly, a higher prim allowance) for a smaller apartment. But I'm also paying for the peeling wallpaper and the bleak Brutalist architecture, so I have no real complaints.

As an aside, the fact that it IS possible to do things like this leaves me grumbling, again, that LL will not seem to consider an urban theme for Linden Homes. If they did, I'd go Premium in a shot. But I don't want to live in a suburb -- not even in a hobbit hole or a houseboat.

I've been holding on to the hope that there would be one as well, or even a cyberpunk setting utilizing the newer technology that allow for reflections, such a futuristic setting would be amazing to see as a potential home for premium members.

chris-ostrowski-cyberpunk-chris-ostrowsk

Instead of the usual trees and landscaping, we could have faux buildings wedged here and there, everything put together to resemble real city living.  Our houses could resemble apartments on the higher floors of complexes.  No yards, just an urban jungle for us to live in.

I wouldn't even mind if it were not cyberpunk, a modern city with large buildings that look the part would be fantastic.

Snapshot_995.thumb.png.4f06201d2509bb126c552c8fae81b6b6.png

One can always dream 😪

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I've been holding on to the hope that there would be one as well, or even a cyberpunk setting utilizing the newer technology that allow for reflections, such a futuristic setting would be amazing to see as a potential home for premium members.

chris-ostrowski-cyberpunk-chris-ostrowsk

Instead of the usual trees and landscaping, we could have faux buildings wedged here and there, everything put together to resemble real city living.  Our houses could resemble apartments on the higher floors of complexes.  No yards, just an urban jungle for us to live in.

I wouldn't even mind if it were not cyberpunk, a modern city with large buildings that look the part would be fantastic.

Snapshot_995.thumb.png.4f06201d2509bb126c552c8fae81b6b6.png

One can always dream 😪

I agree entirely.

And in addition to faux buildings, they could add a few "real" versions of some of the things that one would find in a city. A club, one or two restaurants, a gallery, a theatre . . . whatever works with the type of urban environment that it is. We have some existing examples like this on private estates now. I'd want a city that offers at least some of the things that make urban living worthwhile in the first place. We want a community!

• Like 7

On 2/18/2023 at 12:19 PM, Charolotte Caxton said:

Yeah! That's it! Had not articulated it like that in my head before, if this was the end of the world what would I be doing? My end goal is May so until then is random experiments. Thank you.

You could make a list of special things you would like to do if you were at the end of the world and make themes of it. Divide the land into those themed areas. Because the end-of-the-world theme in itself is so big, then you risk getting into choice stress LOL.  You make it manageable by dividing your land into themes and limiting yourself to that by area.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 5

I've always loved the community of Bay City, so I took my kick scooter out to revisit some fave spots.  Some of the nicest people live and play there.  I really should think about picking up a parcel sometime since I spend so much time there.  One of my favorite spots is the underwater tunnels

image.thumb.png.b644be4f5a1c82ab6fc546290e2134da.png

The rollercoaster and the Ferris wheel on the waterfront are fun rides.  Make sure you are in mouselook for the roller coaster, so you get the full effect of vertigo...  *Grabs a barf bag*

image.thumb.png.d812eb65d7343db2de03267e6715340b.png

• Like 13

image.png.12553694cb3d6b3dd6b11e0715b0c4e5.png

I installed the new Orangery (weekend sale) in my meadow.  Happily digging deep in my inventory found planters and a "meditation pool" or whatever LOL from long ago that still looked great.  Orange trees completed the build with lots of flowers out front. 

A very calming place to visit on a busy or problematic day.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1