How Does Your SL Look Today?

On 1/20/2023 at 7:34 PM, 2Tessa said:

RL and SL tea junkie here!

original_57f3e8a8e85cda0515000001.thumb.jpg.304337b9a861b2b7e10df509fdba91a7.jpg

And these porcelains always remind me my mom.

Yes indeed, really love old porcelain with a family story. In RL I have Delft porcelain from my great great grandmother and I am so pleased the creaters of SL actually made Delft procelain available for SL.

delft.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Yes indeed, really love old porcelain with a family story. In RL I have Delft porcelain from my great great grandmother and I am so pleased the ceaters of SL actually made Delft procelain available for SL.

delft.png

That resembles Blue Willow that used to be popular here in the States. Lovely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, archangel969 said:

delft.png

This is Blue Willow from Robin Sojourner SL shop:

R(S)W Teaset 3.1 - Blue Willow pattern

This SL (Aphrodite shop) set looks very similar to my mom artwork (painting on white porcelain):
Aphrodite "Spring buterflies"  tea garden table set- Special gift for mothers day too!

Edited by 2Tessa
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2Tessa said:

This is Blue Willow from Robin Sojourner SL shop:

This SL (Aphrodite shop) set looks very similar to my mom artwork (painting on white porcelain):
Aphrodite "Spring buterflies"  tea garden table set- Special gift for mothers day too!

Thank you SO much!  I did not know that anyone was keeping her store going in SL ( http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Livingtree/107/130/24 ) so I am here now buying china tea services.  In RL I have have enjoyed her Tarot deck for years and years.  I did not know her but she seemed as if she was a generous soul in both worlds!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There are two threads.  This one is meant to focus on the setting you are experiencing today.  The other one is supposed to focus on your avatar.  Of course there's overlap, but the other thread is supposed to be for showing what your avatar looks like today.  Photos in this one might not even have your avatar (or anybody's) in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

This one is meant to focus on the setting you are experiencing today.

I am sure this means the "place" you are experiencing in SL (not the "settings in your viewer / environment", etc.). 

I, for one, am low-comprehension - so just putting it out there for others like me!

I notice people tend to post the same exact pic in both threads.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am sure this means the "place" you are experiencing in SL (not the "settings in your viewer / environment", etc.). 

I, for one, am low-comprehension - so just putting it out there for others like me!

I notice people tend to post the same exact pic in both threads.

But if the 'place' we are experiencing is our own place it's all good right?

I kinda thought that's what we were doing, showing our Second Life.

On 6/26/2021 at 2:29 PM, Bagnu said:

I'm starting this thread, so we can post pics of absolutely anything we like in SL. A rock. a set of stairs. Our homes. Your nose. Whatever. I'm starting it with a couple of pics from the Island, as it is now.

I'm just going by what the OP had laid out for us, I haven't seen any noses on the pages I have looked at though..  I am disappoint!

image.png.5bccdc12166fd3af5e348509095b5466.png

My nose, the last thing zombies may see before I zap them and set them on fire.  

Snapshot_397.thumb.png.cb36a14b9a10d6901d5493ece534bb6e.png

I've been having way too much fun zapping zombies these past few days.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 1/20/2023 at 5:52 AM, archangel969 said:

Great decoration job again! You can start a SL hotelroom stylist guide! :-).  And also the guy on the balcony looks ABFAB. That suit, really neat.

The scaling is definately old scool, building for giants, I tried to fall off the realing because I have a umbrella fly obsession but for that I have to go to the roof, so for non-flying umbrella owners: its'absolutely a save building!

And we MUST make a date with other guests for that group picture, would be fun! If we suceed, maybe in the lobby. I sit there a lot but allways alone, which I dont'mind because I am a loner after all, but it would be neat to have that busy lobby vibe for ones with more residents together in the lobby! A small problem is allway - what I know from the interviews - is, apart from people must agree to have a group picture - the time difference. But I would certainly love the idea!

Thank you. Maybe not a guide, but I'll probably do a list or something. Thanks for the compliments. The suit is from Cheerno.

The scaling amuses me greatly as Greg is already tall compared to today's average height for avatars. 🤣 Considering a few deaths had occurred at the hotel, I'd imagine the owners would want to make it accident proof. ;)

Time zones are a challenge, but we'll try. We absolutely will meet up one day. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, in one we only post our avatar and the other we only post our, what? environment? I actually don't think it is an official thread, I think it is us posting whatever the f we want as long as it is cute and is SECOND LIFE, I may be mistaken, I do that a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In the show "The walking dead", there apparently was a tribe of people that would wear walkers to disguise themselves among them.  I am not prepared for such drastic measures, although I have found a box that is reported to give one the ability to blend in with the local undead populace.  I am not quite so sure about it, they seem to be following me around.  Perhaps if I sit perfectly still in my new box.

Snapshot_408.thumb.png.04ce0741f3e874c8d89935b94d2ca827.png

Nope, that did not work at all!  I wonder what gave it away?  

Snapshot_412.thumb.png.6f8c6e4f520138f0a5afeeafef628d1b.png

I stopped watching when they killed off Glenn, so perhaps there is more to it than just disguising myself.  Perhaps I have to make guttural noises as well.  I'm definitely not going to wear a walker though!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Perhaps I have to make guttural noises as well.

No, no. That'd be suspicious. You need to be making box noises. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

and the other we only post our, what? environment?

Nope. 
Simplest explanation: If it's "just a portrait" - with the focus on the avatar, probably the other thread (your avatar). If it's a place, or your avatar is at some place, and it's not really "just a picture of your avatar" but of a place in SL, then this thread (your SL).

• Like 5