How many chalets is enough?

Fleur Aurelia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe if the Moles made every house just a tiny bit unique, we could make this about "Gachas" (unique houses on Belli) instead of the "Alt drama".

Every parcel is a bit different from the rest already, given placement of terrain features, foliage, and nearby buildings.  Additionally, what makes each home unique is not what Linden Labs adds to it, but what the end user adds.  Second Life has always been more about user creativity and customized content than any other game.

• Like 10

I would like to vote for letting residents have as many Belli houses as they want, because:

-More Premium avatars means more income to Second Life

-More Premium avatars means more people buying things: more furniture, more landscaping items, more bodies and clothing.

-Less lag because I doubt that those who have multiple avatars can be in Second Life all at once. On my best days I can only manage to run two avatars at a time. Suppose you are in a Region with 20 houses and ten of them are owned by the same resident - less avatar-created lag!

-Come to think of it, in my perfect world, all of the rest of you avatars are alts of the same resident, and I won't have to wait to get into popular events.....(It would be lonely, though)

Edited by Rufferta
second thoughts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rufferta said:

-More Premium avatars means more people buying things: more furniture, more landscaping items, more bodies and clothing.

Not necessarily, no. If you're only paying for Premium to get another Linden Home, your alt will be just fine in its noob guise, since the only time you'll ever need to log it in is to abandon houses and set new ones to group. Most of the stipends are probably getting saved up, cashed out on the main and put towards... new alts!

(Of course, the people who have to swank about having enough money to afford ALL THE HOUSES will generally also be compelled to meshify and custom-name ALL THE ALTS, just to prove to everyone that they can. But it's much more efficient to keep all your decor items on a single account.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Most of the stipends are probably getting saved up, cashed out on the main and put towards... new alts!

(Of course, the people who have to swank about having enough money to afford ALL THE HOUSES will generally also be compelled to meshify and custom-name ALL THE ALTS, just to prove to everyone that they can.

Personally, I try to avoid sharing assumptions about other peoples' motivations for how they live their SL.  It avoids  misunderstandings, such as leading people to think that I'm actually engaging in passive aggressive snark.

Since cashing out involves registering with Tilia and paying a fee, I certainly don't cash out stipends.  I usually get one or two outfits for each of my alts, which they wear forever, and then pass any stipend surplus to one of my 2 primary avatars.  They spend it inworld on land rents, tips for instructors/performers, or yet MOAR decor that I rarely remember to use.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/30/2021 at 7:51 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Personally, I try to avoid sharing assumptions about other peoples' motivations for how they live their SL.  It avoids  misunderstandings, such as leading people to think that I'm actually engaging in passive aggressive snark.

Since cashing out involves registering with Tilia and paying a fee, I certainly don't cash out stipends.  I usually get one or two outfits for each of my alts, which they wear forever, and then pass any stipend surplus to one of my 2 primary avatars.  They spend it inworld on land rents, tips for instructors/performers, or yet MOAR decor that I rarely remember to use.

I really need to create a subfolder called something like "Really Cool Stuff I Always Forget the Name Of"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, CinnamonBunns said:

I really need to create a subfolder called something like "Really Cool Stuff I Always Forget the Name Of"

if i had a folder like this then it be filled with all the things Object

like weers that really cool thing I had?? What thing? That object thing! Oh! that thing. Yeah that cool thing

😸

• Haha 3

On 5/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, Sparkle Bunny said:

Not necessarily, no. If you're only paying for Premium to get another Linden Home, your alt will be just fine in its noob guise,

HAHAHAHAHAHA  you ain't met my alts, have you? They rob me blind. Indra alone has three mesh bodies, four or five heads and buys more clothes in a year than I have bought for myself in 13. 

To be fair, Indra isn't premium but one of my other alts is - actually to be strictly accurate, I'm the alt and Casidy is the original.  Cas has the Linden Home because I am tiered up on regular mainland as far as I can go and can't get one of my own. We both have our own collections of home furnishings and decor but we do share some things. I've put some of my own landscaping stuff out in Cas's garden, and some art, but that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 4/30/2021 at 3:02 PM, Rufferta said:

More Premium avatars means more people buying things: more furniture, more landscaping items, more bodies and clothing.

Not in my case.  Lil is the only account that has paid for a mesh body, clothing, furnishings, etc... The alts are either using one of the default LL-supplied avatars or they are using one of the free mesh bodies out there.  Clothing for the alts is almost all freebies or super cheap items.  And even though the alts own the various Linden Homes, Lil does all of the furnishing and landscaping.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1097 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.