Really want to join a bloodlines clan but am scared and really REALLY shy

bloodswordlen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a old sl player but I took a long break and decided recently to join back and while it's okay and all I really miss being in bloodlines but I find it really hard to reach out to people I'm scared of negative reactions and honesty I just want some bloodlines friends and people to talk to I have no idea what to do where to go and who to talk to though and I'd really love some help I'm sorry if this post is weird but I'm really anxious and quite overwhelmed 

• Like 2

Hello.  It's brave of you to post your request, but don't be afraid.  Quite a few of us are shy.  I joined BL a couple of years ago, was very active, then slowed down to almost nothing except Legends.  I'm happy to chat though.  I can understand being anxious as I feel like an outsider every time I visit the regions.  I know it's because the others have mostly known each other for years and it's not easy to join in.  Timezones also make a difference - being in the UK I miss many events generally.  Send me a private message here or inworld if you like and perhaps we can work out a time to chat.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Quite a few of us are shy.

I suspet one of the biggest thing that keeps SL going is the fact that there are so many of us who are so afraid to talk to real people.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I just bought the thirst hud and am now in the same boat as you - too shy to approach any bl players and ask what the heck I'm supposed to do with it. Am I supposed to beg someone to take away my humanity? I may never know lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jwolf2262 said:

Ha, I just bought the thirst hud and am now in the same boat as you - too shy to approach any bl players and ask what the heck I'm supposed to do with it. Am I supposed to beg someone to take away my humanity? I may never know lol. 

it can be a start to start reading the manuals, you'll find loads of info on the bloodlines websites.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jwolf2262 said:

Being turned into a vampire is the easy part. The question is, what do you want to do with it? What kind of community are you looking for?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Being turned into a vampire is the easy part. The question is, what do you want to do with it? What kind of community are you looking for?

...and how much you are willing to spend. Back in my early years on SL, my first avatar joined a Bloodlines clan. I wasn't a very good vampire. I bought all sorts of gadgets and blood containers so my vamp wouldn't 'die'. After a short time, I lost interest in the whole vampire shtick. I also discovered that my avatar name was traded to a more powerful Bloodlines player. By powerful I mean a player that spends a huge amout of Lindens on Bloodlines 'gadgets'.

If you're too shy to ask a resident if you can bite them, then be prepared to spend Ls at the Bloodlines for "blood" or your bloodlines character with be ghosted.

• Like 1

Just now, Walelu Summerwind said:

...and how much you are willing to spend. Back in my early years on SL, my first avatar joined a Bloodlines clan. I wasn't a very good vampire. I bought all sorts of gadgets and blood containers so my vamp wouldn't 'die'. After a short time, I lost interest in the whole vampire shtick. I also discovered that my avatar name was traded to a more powerful Bloodlines player. By powerful I mean a player that spends a huge amout of Lindens on Bloodlines 'gadgets'.

If you're too shy to ask a resident if you can bite them, then be prepared to spend Ls at the Bloodlines for "blood" or your bloodlines character with be ghosted.

You don't actually need any gadgets, some of them are just convenient to have, others are more for managing your clan.

You could get by on just buying canned, tapped, or bottled blood, then it costs L$14 a day. Of course that's going to get boring quite fast - feeding from people is the fun part, but the cost for apples and cider to restore their health is also L$14 a day (or slightly less, depending on what you buy). So aside from the initial cost of your HUD + the HUD of your blood doll(s), the running costs are not particularly bloody (pun intended!).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Or just go join that other vampire group that apparently can bite people without ever asking.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or just go join that other vampire group that apparently can bite people without ever asking.

Progeny, a.k.a. closet vamps. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

You don't actually need any gadgets, some of them are just convenient to have, others are more for managing your clan.

You could get by on just buying canned, tapped, or bottled blood, then it costs L$14 a day. Of course that's going to get boring quite fast - feeding from people is the fun part, but the cost for apples and cider to restore their health is also L$14 a day (or slightly less, depending on what you buy). So aside from the initial cost of your HUD + the HUD of your blood doll(s), the running costs are not particularly bloody (pun intended!).

@Orwar  I purchased apples, blood tanks with ongoing refills and finally an 'amulet' so my character never needed blood again. I was a very inept vampire 😃 I've never really gotten the hang of role play. I've tried, but, I'm really bad at it. I could never stay in character without laughing!

My advice to a shy vampire is to find a blood doll/partner and hang out at Vamp/Goth clubs .. and stockup on apples!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

@Orwar  I purchased apples, blood tanks with ongoing refills and finally an 'amulet' so my character never needed blood again. I was a very inept vampire 😃 I've never really gotten the hang of role play. I've tried, but, I'm really bad at it. I could never stay in character without laughing!

My advice to a shy vampire is to find a blood doll/partner and hang out at Vamp/Goth clubs .. and stockup on apples!

Hm, the infinity amulet is .. What .. L$8K, I think? So in roughly 18 months, it has 'paid for itself' .. But it did rather kill my need to actually hunt. I'm not great with it either, but it's fun - I did make Neph a vampire as well to bring back the need to feed, but since she wasn't holding any souls, letting her die caused no issues .. 

But yes. To be a vampire you need to enjoy that aspect of Bloodlines; you will need someone to feed from, whether it's a friend or a partner, and that's one of the safeties that comes from joining a family - they'll usually have blood dolls around whom you can feed from, and many lieges also use those tools to make sure that you won't actually die from being inactive for a while.

But on the other hand, other families just want you to join so that they get to add one more soul to their counter, then don't care about how you're doing. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:09 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Real vampires don't ask mere mortals for their permission nor do they sparkle. lol Humans are like happy meals with legs and it's an all you can eat buffet mate. lol And the wolves most certainly and definitely don't either. Lmao!!!!😁😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

59 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

Real vampires

Whenceforth come such a bold statement of absolutes?

Vampires are a very broad definition of creatures with influences from a great many myths around the world; a common theme that crops up is how some of these creatures may not just blindly assault anyone at a whim, but must be invited, or trade something with the living in return for their blood.

Besides, 'real vampires' don't exist, they are entirely fictional creatures. Just compare Anne Rice's vampires to Bram Stoker's vampires, and Le Fanu's vampires, and you'll find very different creatures indeed. So, who are you to declare what entails a 'real vampire'?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Vampires are a very broad definition of creatures with influences from a great many myths around the world; a common theme that crops up is how some of these creatures may not just blindly assault anyone at a whim, but must be invited, or trade something with the living in return for their blood.

Besides, 'real vampires' don't exist, they are entirely fictional creatures. Just compare Anne Rice's vampires to Bram Stoker's vampires, and Le Fanu's vampires, and you'll find very different creatures indeed. So, who are you to declare what entails a 'real vampire'?

Well mate. Since it appears your challenging my knowledge on vampires then challenge accepted. lol For the record my original statement was in fact a well known ongoing joke poking fun at Twilight vampires. That having been said moving on. To answer both your first and second questions mate I'm someone with years of research on the topic and my statements come from that. Also I want to correct your misconceptions on the statement that real vampires don't exist. That is not entirely accurate. Don't believe the Hollywood hype. There are in fact several documented cases of historical unexplained vampire occurrences. The Highgate Vampire as one of many examples. In most lore if a vampire wants/needs to feed then a vampire feeds be it by force, manipulation, and/or any other means. I would suggest starting of with some light reading with The Vampire Book : The Encyclopedia of the Undead by J. Gordon Melton. It has a lot of facts on both actual historical and fictional vampires. It's a good starting point for anybody who's actually interested in the lore.😎

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

I'm someone with years of research on the topic

J. Gordon Melton.

tenor.gif?itemid=3529481

There are in fact several documented cases of historical unexplained vampire occurrences.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If you're gonna do that and suggest books pertaining to the Vampire lore, why not go with

The Vampire Encyclopedia by Matthew Bunson,

The Complete Book of Vampires by Leonard R.N. Ashley,

Vampire: The complete guide to the world of the undead by Manuela Dunn Mascetti,

The Complete Vampire Companion : Legend and Lore of the living dead by Rosemary Ellen Guiley,

Vampires : The Occult Truth by Konstantinos,

The Psychic Vampire Codex by Michelle Belanger. 

I have all these books and have read them, Most were vital when I use to play the pen and paper version of Vampire The Masquerade back in the late 90's early 2000's ...Except the Psychic Vamp Codex, I bought that for a good read. 

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

*Snip.*

Don't ask questions if you don't want the answers mate. lol You wanted to make a thing out of it. I could care less. lol🤣

7 hours ago, LadyShad0wz Greymoon said:

*Snip.*

Starting point means exactly that. Starting point. lol Not library mate. lol Besides most people don't even bother going past the first book if they even bother at all. lol So no I don't bother offering up more because I already expected the response I got on it. lol Can't say I am surprised one bit. lol Your the expert though. I'll leave you to it. Cheers mate. lol😎

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

There are in fact several documented cases of historical unexplained vampire occurrences. The Highgate Vampire as one of many examples.

I used to live in Highgate, and visited the Cemetery many times, but regrettably I never saw a vampire, or vampire hunters come to that.  Generally I saw a few relatives of the interred deceased, tourists, and awestruck Communists around Karl Marx's tomb.

Incidentally, and since we are diverting from topic, I might as well throw in an amusing scene at The Flask in Highgate.  One balmy evening I was sitting outside with an ex and friends when I saw a bearded chap approach in a stealthy fashion.  A cat came by, minding its own business, when beardy suddenly reared back, widened his eyes, and pointed at the cat in a commanding fashion.  The cat kept moving, at which beardy reached down, swept up the cat to his face, and muttered something in its ear, the while glancing round to see who might be noticing the powerful wizard.  The cat leaped off and continued on its own way.  I chuckled to myself.

Now back to topic.  I do hope the OP has managed to find someone in the game to be of help.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

One of the main issues I have found so far regarding  the Bloodlines is that there is not such a lot of informations about how to become a " blood doll".

Regardless my name (I am not a vampire), I could be interested in this role but I have to know what it will imply

9 minutes ago, DeliriaVamp said:

One of the main issues I have found so far regarding  the Bloodlines is that there is not such a lot of informations about how to become a " blood doll".

Regardless my name (I am not a vampire), I could be interested in this role but I have to know what it will imply

it means you provide blood to your liege, and he/she pays you back in apples or cider and protection.

3 hours ago, DeliriaVamp said:

As a player with a Human HUD you can feed anyone who is able but to be a 'blood doll' you have to find a family that wants you.  As @Alwin Alcottsays you'll be feeding the liege of the family, or those the liege allows.  It's possible that a family will pay for your Human HUD in exchange for your allegiance but this is their choice.  There seems to be a rash of new or yet-to-start players being lost and unable to find a family.  I suspect that those still playing are in the minority.

33 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I suspect that those still playing are in the minority.

At start of bloodlines it was a big thing, many active families and RP.  It changed fast and got the bad name, that sticked at it till now, by the not thinking biters everywhere. It changed again and ranking became all that mattered. Stores for souls and all other achievements popped up everywhere. In spite of some tries by the creators, not too hard because they saw their revenue disappear in smoke, it still is a game with rankings what is the importantst.
The big families that are still around carry the history, lot of souls from special created accounts ( thousends......many thousends).. and achievement hunters. RP ? nearly none.
Best vampire RP is found in non game families i think.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 3:43 PM, Orwar said:

I have to add.. most of this is also based on the "western" idea of what a vampire is.. There is indeed vampire lore throughout the world. Asia has vampires, Greece, Native Americans, etc, etc. The one that has stuck the most thought, has been the iconic Dracula. People who are immortal and grow fangs to suck your blood do not exist. However, people with varied illnesses, both mental and physical, indeed do exist. I have to agree with Orwar here. However, in literature, a vampire can do whatever the f*ck he/she wants really.. glittery? sure.. go for it :) why not? Shy? doesn't like the sight of blood, etc. By no means am I a fan of Edward and Bella, but I respect the writer's choice to create her vampires the way she wanted to. 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.