Really want to join a bloodlines clan but am scared and really REALLY shy

bloodswordlen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Tess Falworth said:

The one that has stuck the most thought, has been the iconic Dracula.

Ā  Ā Even Bram Stoker's Dracula is a very varied character and, depending on who tells the story, the supernatural abilities of the vampire are equally varied - I read somewhere that he was the second or third 'most often' screen adapted fictional character .. Next to Tarzan and Sherlock Holmes, I believe. I can't remember where I read that though, and it was probably close to 20 years ago, so it's probably a very outdated statement.

8 hours ago, Tess Falworth said:

However, people with varied illnesses, both mental and physical, indeed do exist.

Ā  Ā Rabies, porphyria,Ā xeroderma pigmentosum, and tuberculosisĀ are examples of diseases which have influenced the vampire mythos, and suspended animation and comatose (often as the result of cholera) has caused documented cases of people being placed in coffins to be buried, only to wake up and scare the living daylights out of witnesses - in the 18th century, a contraption was invented, with a bell that could be rung via lever from the coffin to alert people that they had been prematurely buried (the 'safety coffin').Ā 

1280px-Wiertz_burial.jpg

Ā  Ā 19thC painting of a cholera victim waking up, finding themselves buried alive, by Antoine Wiertz.

Edited by Orwar
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1095 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.