When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Nice selection. The Newbrooke 1024 must be an abandon, yes? It is no new regions released?

?  Newbrooke 1024s have been continuously available for quite some time, there always seem to be abandons available in the originally released regions.  Also, the whole row of Newbrooke regions from Amusing Grace through Pasture Bedtime were released, oh I don't know, a couple weeks ago, and not all are claimed.  I believe that just last week sometime,  the row above that (Red Slate Hill through Chanteuse), oh and Mandelbrot too, changed to Linden homes - at this moment I don't see that any of those have been claimed.

• Like 4

On 4/29/2022 at 2:40 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

I helped my friend get this parcel about an hour after you abandoned it. It's gorgeous and she loves it. Thank you so much for posting it here.  ❤️ 

If you don't mind my asking, how did you help her to get that one? My sister has been wanting a log cabin with a better view but she's not sure how to go about getting a better one. I mean, normally she pulls the same one over and over so any little tips or tricks to help her achieve her goal would be a huge blessing. Thank you in advance.

3 hours ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

If you don't mind my asking, how did you help her to get that one? My sister has been wanting a log cabin with a better view but she's not sure how to go about getting a better one. I mean, normally she pulls the same one over and over so any little tips or tricks to help her achieve her goal would be a huge blessing. Thank you in advance.

My friend had not had one of the new Linden Homes before, but I saw one people were living in that I thought she'd love. I sent her the SLURL so she could look at it. Then she wanted one like it. I IMed her the basics of how to get a Linden Home. She also posted on the forum asking how to do it. I responded for her to contact me inworld so I could talk her through it. Then I saw one released on this thread in a great location. I went inworld, stood there, and contacted her again. She had already gotten a different kind of Linden Home by mistake, so I talked her through how to abandon it and request a Log Home instead. Maybe because it had recently been released, she actually got the parcel I wanted her to get. (I like to think being witchy helps me get things, but I can't prove that.) 

I talked her through how to change the floor plan of the house, make a new group, add her boyfriend to it, and set the house to group so he can rez stuff there.

Personally, I think it helps to stand near the house you want or near the kind of location you want, but others will argue that this is superstition. All I know is that when I obsessively want something and focus my mind on it, I usually get it. That's the witchy part. Walking through the neighborhoods, looking for empty houses certainly does help.

Some say you need to wait a while before trying again if you get the same house twice in a row.  I've had this happen before too, so there's probably some truth to waiting for a new one to go to the top of the list. It also helps if you're requesting your house when there are few other people using SL and the Linden Home request system.

Focus on what you want. Look for an empty house in the area. Request the kind you want right after one of that kind has been released. Have your avatar stand on the parcel or in the kind of area you want (i.e. in the water if you want one near the coast). You can't make a specific house become available just because you want it, but I believe a strong focus can give events a little push in the direction you want them to go.

And of course, if you don't get the house or location you want, keep trying until you get one that's equally good. I didn't get one in the region I wanted for my alt, but I got one 2 regions over and still right on the coast. My main also got one right on the coast, but it took 2 days of trying to get that one.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

?  Newbrooke 1024s have been continuously available for quite some time, there always seem to be abandons available in the originally released regions.  Also, the whole row of Newbrooke regions from Amusing Grace through Pasture Bedtime were released, oh I don't know, a couple weeks ago, and not all are claimed.  I believe that just last week sometime,  the row above that (Red Slate Hill through Chanteuse), oh and Mandelbrot too, changed to Linden homes - at this moment I don't see that any of those have been claimed.

I have not been looking up the page in a while, so I remember when people constantly asked about 1024's and it was only 512's to get. It's great that they show up again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Personally, I think it helps to stand near the house you want or near the kind of location you want, but others will argue that this is superstition. All I know is that when I obsessively want something and focus my mind on it, I usually get it. That's the witchy part. Walking through the neighborhoods, looking for empty houses certainly does help.

Focus on what you want. Look for an empty house in the area. Request the kind you want right after one of that kind has been released. Have your avatar stand on the parcel or in the kind of area you want (i.e. in the water if you want one near the coast). You can't make a specific house become available just because you want it, but I believe a strong focus can give events a little push in the direction you want them to go.

I'm sorry, but I've tested your "method" before since you have posted it before, and can confidently report that this simply does not work. Your avatar's in world location has nothing to do with what home you get, and in fact, you do not need to be logged in at all to get an amazing home. 

The LH location  you receive is not controlled by witchcraft (or praying, or burning incense, or waving rubber chickens around), and it's doing newer players a disservice by suggesting that it is.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm sorry, but I've tested your "method" before since you have posted it before, and can confidently report that this simply does not work. Your avatar's in world location has nothing to do with what home you get, and in fact, you do not need to be logged in at all to get an amazing home. 

The LH location  you receive is not controlled by witchcraft (or praying, or burning incense, or waving rubber chickens around), and it's doing newer players a disservice by suggesting that it is.

Ditto. Over a period of 3 weeks my looking-for-a-better Newbrooke alt was literally inside houses on parcels I wanted when those regions were actively being released, and in 47 attempts (which doesn’t include a small number of Vics and trads I went for when new 1024’s stalled for a couple of days), I only managed to get 7 hits in the target region, none of them the parcel I was hoping for. (And, as I have also said before, there is no indication that the database used to assign parcels via the Land Page is dependant on your inworld login status, despite the necessity to be inworld and physically located on your assigned parcel in order to abandon it.)

• Like 5

I can stick up for both sides I guess - I used to draw a little picture of what I wanted parcel wise and leave it next to my laptop but I didn't stand on parcels I was compulsively at the land page day after day. I did spookily get parcels similar to those I had drawn. However there was someone else wanting the same parcels and they were the one standing on them all day and it happened a couple of times and they asked me why I had all the luck. This was when releases just "happened" about three times a week. Now there are queues and the same houses are making it round those queues from those I see posted here, some multiple times. The queue is basically something you have to work your way up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, it's the GAME of homes, not the marathon of homes.  If it gives you pleasure to wait inworld near a parcel you want, well, I suspect you're not alone, judging by how many times I've claimed a parcel just to discover people waiting around for it.  Sometimes they say so, if you ask.  Personally, I don't do this, because I find it cumbersome, and never found that it helped.

I've spookily gotten parcels that I've admired inworld, and I've gotten terrific parcels in regions that I've never been in.  I've participated in region releases where I spent 10 claims and didn't get a single one in the region, while others had no trouble.  I play GOH as if it was a tourism gacha.  Every claim is an opportunity to see a cool place, and maybe get a new home.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Oh and BTW, there are 7 moles at work now finishing off the Fantasseria coastline.  They don't have many regions to go ... if you crave a coastal Fantasseria home, keep an eye out.  

I'm not that interested, because I find Fantasseria's landscaping sort of enchanting, so I like to be surrounded by it.  There are lots of other themes with great water views :)

• Like 6

Here's how my method works practically speaking:

When I'm obsessed with getting a particular style or location for a house, I spend more time walking around those regions and looking for one that's available. When I see one that's available, I request that type. Because it's probably been released fairly recently, it's near the top of the list, so I'm more likely to get it. Stalking this thread for recently release homes works the same way.

The magical side works for me, getting things I focus on in SL and in RL, but I can't guarantee it would work for other people. 

Witchcraft often has a practical aspect. Herbs have medicinal and psychoactive elements that people didn't understand in earlier times, but which traditional healers figured out through experience had particular effects on people  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My friend had not had one of the new Linden Homes before, but I saw one people were living in that I thought she'd love. I sent her the SLURL so she could look at it. Then she wanted one like it. I IMed her the basics of how to get a Linden Home. She also posted on the forum asking how to do it. I responded for her to contact me inworld so I could talk her through it. Then I saw one released on this thread in a great location. I went inworld, stood there, and contacted her again. She had already gotten a different kind of Linden Home by mistake, so I talked her through how to abandon it and request a Log Home instead. Maybe because it had recently been released, she actually got the parcel I wanted her to get. (I like to think being witchy helps me get things, but I can't prove that.) 

I talked her through how to change the floor plan of the house, make a new group, add her boyfriend to it, and set the house to group so he can rez stuff there.

Some say you need to wait a while before trying again if you get the same house twice in a row.  I've had this happen before too, so there's probably some truth to waiting for a new one to go to the top of the list. It also helps if you're requesting your house when there are few other people using SL and the Linden Home request system.

And of course, if you don't get the house or location you want, keep trying until you get one that's equally good. I didn't get one in the region I wanted for my alt, but I got one 2 regions over and still right on the coast. My main also got one right on the coast, but it took 2 days of trying to get that one.

Oh my gosh, I was honestly worried you were going to tell me that it required my sister and I and our alts to all start throwing for the cabins until we worked through the backlog of homes until we find the one that she wants. I'll let her know that she needs to read your reply (since she's the most into the candles and incense aspect of it. I don't think she ever thought of using the craft in the tiny selfish way. Her way wreaks a lot more havoc but it's mostly at...anyway) I will admit that the thinking hard about what you want and rolling with the picture in mind does actually help. It took me quite a few poopy throws before I landed my dream stilt. Now I'm working on Vic's. I came close yesterday. Anyway, thank you very much for the details. You're a dream.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't use rubber chickens, but I have used little plastic toys effectively in hexing people.

• Haha 7

Persephone Emerald, Nika Talaj, Chloe Bunny and Frigga Freidman, thank you so much for your insights into this. You guys are awesome. I was wondering though, no one mentioned a good time to throw for a new home. I think part of my sisters problem is that she works all week and doesn't come on really at all. Usually I can count on her for Saturday night only from like eight to eleven. Do any of you think that might be an issue? I've never really had a lot of problems with Game of Homes because I'm home during the day so I can stalk the land page. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

Persephone Emerald, Nika Talaj, Chloe Bunny and Frigga Freidman, thank you so much for your insights into this. You guys are awesome. I was wondering though, no one mentioned a good time to throw for a new home. I think part of my sisters problem is that she works all week and doesn't come on really at all. Usually I can count on her for Saturday night only from like eight to eleven. Do any of you think that might be an issue? I've never really had a lot of problems with Game of Homes because I'm home during the day so I can stalk the land page. 

There's going to be less competition when fewer people are active in SL, so probably weekdays, late night or early morning SLT. That's when I've been the "luckiest". (Luck is not an objective value, but rather a magical concept.)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

It was always my UK time between 6 and 8am for home searches - and best time to do things more quietly was UK time 9 - 11am

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Baiphen Quintessa said:

I usually roll around 8 or 9 a.m. EST (5 or 6 a.m. SLT), and I've gotten some great locations lately doing that.Maybe it's the Europeans who are abandoning at that time. I'm talking stilt on piers, houseboats, Trads and Newbrooke.

Edited by Marisa Starbrook
  • Like 3