When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

I had posted in the Bellisseria Citizens group chat, but this seemed to be a better place to ask:

An honest question for the GOH'ers - what is the reasoning behind multiple alts to grab several adjacent homes on a newly opened region? for the thrill of owning multiple spaces? the schadenfreude of preventing someone getting one home for their one premium account? I don't understand the appeal ... then you decorate ten houses in a newly opened area? they don't appear to be decorated, many times? so ... what is the point?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BirgitBloom said:

I had posted in the Bellisseria Citizens group chat, but this seemed to be a better place to ask:

An honest question for the GOH'ers - what is the reasoning behind multiple alts to grab several adjacent homes on a newly opened region? for the thrill of owning multiple spaces? the schadenfreude of preventing someone getting one home for their one premium account? I don't understand the appeal ... then you decorate ten houses in a newly opened area? they don't appear to be decorated, many times? so ... what is the point?

It seems to be all about "winning". 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, BirgitBloom said:

I don't think the intent is necessarily to grab adjacent homes, but to grab the 'best-situated' ones in a region - and those usually happen to be alongside water and near to each other. Soon afterwards, most (if not all) are abandoned once the parcels are compared with one another to identify the 'best' one... until the next especially attractive region is released. (I missed out on Judge Knott as I wasn't on my computer when it was released, and haven't checked to see if this is what happened there, but I wouldn't be surprised.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, BirgitBloom said:

"Look at how much money I have that you don't!"
Flexing is really all I see out of it. I've only really seen it done to a heavy extent once, where somebody took most of the houses in one or two regions just to toss them all back the next day.
I'd understand maybe if they were doing it to get a particular house by knocking out the other houses around it, but it seems a little excessive.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

My hopping alt just told me that if she sees the words "Fitz Inn" ever again, she'll deactivate her own account.  Gah!

My alt got bored and decided to go a different route, since so many themes are showing up on the LP. 

Snapshot_001.png

• Like 10

3 hours ago, BirgitBloom said:

One thing it might do is fill a region, causing people to then be assigned to the next available region. Sometimes it's that new region which is the one they're hoping to get. We're long past the days where someone won't get a home because of this, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you love your spot but hate all your neighbours being the same person, hold tight, because they'll be gone soon. The next shiny will come along and they'll leave for that one.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

One thing it might do is fill a region, causing people to then be assigned to the next available region. Sometimes it's that new region which is the one they're hoping to get. We're long past the days where someone won't get a home because of this, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you love your spot but hate all your neighbours being the same person, hold tight, because they'll be gone soon. The next shiny will come along and they'll leave for that one.

I've recently been watching this happening in the Stilt regions of Empty Coast, Seasnake etc. They grab nearly every house but then dump them when the next region is released. They soon move on like Polenth says. It seems to be a pathological need to be the first to ‘own’ a house as it doesn’t seem to be about the position of the property. They’ve had a lot of epic spots but then let them go.  

• Like 8

On 4/7/2022 at 8:26 PM, Trinity1776 said:

Your reaction when you move to a new region, and then use "Area Search" in Firestorm to see all the crazy stuff your neighbors are rezzing...

giphy.gif

This was my reaction when I was allotted a stilt close to the row of putrid pastel houses whose owners love to have little bubbles and shiny particles floating about! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Fleur Aurelia said:

This was my reaction when I was allotted a stilt close to the row of putrid pastel houses whose owners love to have little bubbles and shiny particles floating about! 

All stilts are pastel, just saying. Maybe stilts aren’t for you if you don’t like them. I wish they would update and give us more neutral earthy tones too. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tamara Adored said:

It seems to be a pathological need to be the first to ‘own’ a house as it doesn’t seem to be about the position of the property. 

I don't think so.

12 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

One thing it might do is fill a region, causing people to then be assigned to the next available region. Sometimes it's that new region which is the one they're hoping to get. 

Bingo, I think.

Once a set of regions is released into the queue, I think a furious burst of new home acquisition can result in never-released homes moving to the top of the queue much quicker than they ordinarily would.  The rate at which new homes are available seems to me to relate to the speed at which homes are claimed.  I bet the decisions as to which regions are put into queues are made manually by Lindens, tho.  

In the case of the stilts, I suspect that the regions that larger GOH players are REALLY interested in have not yet been named.  The larger players I know have a liking for unobstructed water views.  I read their current activities as just trying to move the process along.

I've come to think this is not a bad thing.  Great parcels do eventually become available, big players move on fairly quickly.  Without the big players, you get the situation you see in the chalets ... wonderful regions like Citadel Lake or those along the big central river that are languishing due to stagnant queues.  I've never noticed any big players spending much time in the chalets.

*shrugs*

• Like 7

4 hours ago, yestothis said:

All stilts are pastel, just saying. Maybe stilts aren’t for you if you don’t like them. I wish they would update and give us more neutral earthy tones too. 

I've used an outer shell to change the color of the stilts. They only add 1 prim to the parcel. I don't mind pastels, just not a fan of all of the hues that are included with the stilts.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

It isn’t a terrible spot, but….yes, that is the one!!!!

It gets even better. I had run out of tries, and had been tracking that house all day. Had to work on my taxes IRL, so took a break. The house was "occupied" (ie assigned to a resident) for hours, and Newbrooke 1024s were showing up on the land page so I knew there were others available.  Took a break from the taxes and thought I'd try again but forgot to go back and check the house again at that point. And...guess what? I rolled the house again. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

It gets even better. I had run out of tries, and had been tracking that house all day. Had to work on my taxes IRL, so took a break. The house was "occupied" (ie assigned to a resident) for hours, and Newbrooke 1024s were showing up on the land page so I knew there were others available.  Took a break from the taxes and thought I'd try again but forgot to go back and check the house again at that point. And...guess what? I rolled the house again. 

I hate to laugh, but that house has stuck to me like glue for days now! I feel your pain!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I accidentally picked up a camper!  Turned out to be this really well placed sand camper in Twofer.  LOTS of protected land around it, cute mole beach.  At the mouth of the river up to Fourze, right near the Galaxy.  Letting it go in a few minutes.

camper_001.thumb.jpg.c7c0fbddb64774035e5bc5fa2b8cbcfd.jpg

• Like 3

Letting this houseboat go at 11:00 am SLT. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rockingmore/146/63/22

Pretty site on the edge of Rockingmore with a sand bar on one side and a view of houseboats across the water. Letting go since I'm downsizing an alt to basic later this week. I'll miss my houseboat! Great water ways to speed around in a boat.

Edit....Half an hour later, it is still sitting in Maintenance.

417397821_Houseboat2022_001(1).thumb.png.2dbb0788672a592a584e864b9d10e1f7.png

Edited by Eleanor Anderton
  • Like 3