Is there a creator to sells really good layered fitmesh clothing?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really like to layer clothing, for example, bra, blouse, and jacket or sweater, and I much prefer fitmesh to BOM. I have not managed to do it with all three layers. I have a few bra-top combinations that work, and a number of top-jacket or coat combinations that work.

Surely there is some designer that is making combinations that are designed to layer together, and I just haven't found them. It seems, to this entirely ignorant person, that it should not be insurmountably hard for a designer to make layered fitmesh that would work together.

1 hour ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I really like to layer clothing, for example, bra, blouse, and jacket or sweater, and I much prefer fitmesh to BOM. I have not managed to do it with all three layers. I have a few bra-top combinations that work, and a number of top-jacket or coat combinations that work.

Surely there is some designer that is making combinations that are designed to layer together, and I just haven't found them. It seems, to this entirely ignorant person, that it should not be insurmountably hard for a designer to make layered fitmesh that would work together.

Blueberry actually had a list of items and what worked with what.  Which shirts.go with which jackets or which jackets work with which jeans.

• Like 2

Layering mesh clothes is one of those things where you'll usually just have to go with trial and error to figure out what works and what doesn't. Just like bodies, clothes worn on top of each other tends to poke through, especially as your avatar moves.

Deadwool does have an option in the HUD of some of their suit jackets to hide the arms to accommodate wearing a coat over them, and some stores (Lunar, I think?) has options to hide parts of certain parts to accommodate other parts, designed specifically for that specific set (i.e. hiding the bottom part of a bodice to accommodate wearing the trousers that goes with the outfit). 

• Like 1

I love to layer clothing. I get great pleasure out mixing various brands, but it can be challenging. Basically any top with sleeves is going to be a no go unless the jacket you are wearing is very oversized. Tops I most often layer are tank tops from brands like Evani and Gaia.Their fit for me rarely pokes through the back of longer tops or cardigans. Blueberry's jeans are also pretty versatile for fitting under various long tops. If you are looking for things to layer on top  Coco has quite a few jackets/sweaters/vests that look great on top of other brands. I only know this from a great deal of experimentation.  

• Like 1

I have found some tops that work well with my Mimikri fake fur jackets.  It would be a question of trying tops with jackets to see if they fit.  No big puffy sleeves going all the way down the arm of course but try some sleeveless tops or bustiers like Lunar's Vivi Bralette.  It works under Mimikri so the bralette may fit under other coats or jackets too.  She has a long one too plus a shrug.  

Here is a link to her short one:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Mimikri-Diva-Fur-Jacket-black/18954172

Mutiple layers of mesh clothing seldom work, unless they are part of a complete outfit designed by one creator with layering specifically in mind.

This is why I still love system "layer type" clothing. You can wear any number of system clothing layers atop one another, and top them off with mesh outerwear.

I buy modifiable clothing so I can alpha out clipping faces or retexture it if required in order to layer it...

But that's probably not realistic for the average user. A lot of single creators have a lot of intercompatible bits, though. Kaithleen's comes to mind (and their things are also modifiable) with, for example, separate bras to wear under thing items. Blueberry can kind of do it, though there's clipping sometimes. The best option is often to just buy a pre-layered outfit, as boring as that is...

Maybe I remember wrong. But as I remember it, I was trying to layer something over pants from either Blueberry or Addams. They have the function "Turn off belt" in their HUD.

And that is great. But on these pants, the belt loops (on the pants) was not turned off and was poking through. Fail! 😣

• Haha 1

I actually have a great deal of success at layering a lot of my clothes.  I imagine it depends of what type and style of clothing you like to wear.  However, all my successes are definitely not just from one vendor though, from many, many vendors.  I store items that fit very snugly and work well with other item as links in a set of folders that remind me that these things can go under or over other stuff.  It certainly is a lot of trial and error and takes a long time to build up a good set of reliable items.  One thing I do while I am trying the demo of an outfit is to see which of my special items will work well over or under them in ways I would wear them.  Sure it takes a lot longer but I actually enjoy that part of the experience, the feeling when you find a new item that just works well with some of your other things.

Be sure to test a few AO stands and dance anims though because you might just think that everything works and then one wiggle and something pokes through.  If using mesh underwear, set to a contrasting colour first to what it is going under to easily test with.  If trying to fit thing over swimwear, be careful of bows, beads and other little items that are inconveniently placed to frustrate you and see what options you have for turning everything you don't want poking through invisible.

Now chime in a creator for male clothing... no, not Deadwool, that one has been named.

They might have a total of 5 pants. Will they match with all of their shirts?
Why, of course not! Instead, you get such lovely hints like, "this tucked-in shirt XYZ matches ZYX pants, but only while standing still and looking at it from a certain angle. Oh, and don't you dare thinking that the untucked version will match the same pants. No, we rather got pants 123 for that...!"

Even worse with fitting shoes to match pants. 🙄

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Fail! 😣

Not laughing at you Marianne but with you.  Fail, that's what a lot us face with layering.  lol  However, my first thought was Blueberry and Addam's, at least they have some.

Now, I have fur coats from Mimikri in all different lengths, Shaggy coat's from Coco's, and fake pelted furs from Villena.  I can wear several of Lunar's bralette's, as well as very close fitted sleeveless tops.  Another great top to wear under the fake furs I mention above is called In Control by Blueberry which has full opaque and partial sheer options so at full opaque looks like a bodysuit under a coat.  I have some other tops too I can wear underneath but I'm not sure of the OP's taste as these are little bit more sheer perhaps.  Some bodysuits if sleeveless may work under the coats I mention above as well as other coats.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1141 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.