To add a poll to posts

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

aren't we asking the same, when we post a picture in the "how looks your avatar" threads?

it's meant to show what it says.. to show how somebody made his/her avatar, what is a poll adding to that? ... it's now already "if you don't like my post i won't like yours" game... Flickr is a lot better for that.
I wouldn't mind it be in a dedicated forum section that easely can be hidden, ánd the move and banhammer hits all posts with pics for that purpose out of the normal forums.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

To ask in the Your Avatar forum or the Make Friends forum, if other residents like your avatars look that's on topic and legit too. If some residents find that pointless, well, it's their right.  One has no obligation to share their opinion though.

Edited by Doc Carling

I would have to say a hard "No" to the idea of polls - for many reasons....

Some other forums have become a graveyard of polls created by people wanting to push their agenda on how they want the game to go.

Polls can and indeed are used to abuse others.

A poll provides far less meaningful debate than an actual debate does.

Those really wanting to use a poll already can - they just need to link to it.

• Like 7

Yeah .. After 2020's political shenanigans on the forums, I'm not too hot on the idea of a polling system around here. Besides, as has been mentioned, you can make your poll off-site and link to it (as long as the subject and content of whatever that link leads to doesn't break the ToS), or you can do FB style votes.

Let's put it to the test, shall we?

react_thanks.png if you don't want polls on these forums.

react_sad.png if you do want polls on these forums.

react_like.png if you're too lazy to change the reaction but generally agree with that polls would be bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

react_like.png if you're too lazy to change the reaction but generally agree with that polls would be bad.

wheres the Pie option 😺

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Yeah .. After 2020's political shenanigans on the forums, I'm not too hot on the idea of a polling system around here. Besides, as has been mentioned, you can make your poll off-site and link to it (as long as the subject and content of whatever that link leads to doesn't break the ToS), or you can do FB style votes.

Thank's that you was so fair to use neutral looking icons. lol

Edited by Doc Carling

5 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Why not? 

Because this isn't grade school, even though some act like it is.

5 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

I mean, aren't we asking the same, when we post a picture in the "how looks your avatar" threads?

The difference with the picture threads is that reactions are passive responses and there is no actual negative reaction available.  A poll asking if someone likes someone/something is not a valid poll without a 'no' option, which is an actual negative reaction.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What's the fixation on ego boosting beauty polls?

It could also turn up such nonsense like "mega extra long headline with lots of blabla" and just a poll attached, like "Do you have a solution? Yes. No. Pie.".

Pie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.