FIRESTORM / BLACKDRAGON / SL VIEW - LOW FPS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am hoping someone could provide a little clarity as to why my fps has dropped drastically.

I've followed every thing under the sun to troubleshoot the cause of the drastic frame rate. And i've even performed a factory reset thinking it was my laptop.

Long story short, Last thursday i had received an error, logged into Firestorm an error appeared that my LSL BRIDGE NOT FOUND.
Since then, my FPS has been less than 10, reaching to probably as low as 2fps.

When i am in world or whatever browser, my graphics are set to medium because i don't wanna be frying my graphics, I only ever use Ultra if and when im taking photos.

• I have an entry level gaming PC and ran smoothly before this issue happened (below are my specs and i got 256gb of space)
    https://prnt.sc/10h1sno
  • I've troubleshooted my internet connection, runs perfectly fine
    https://prnt.sc/10h1xmr
  • I've stress test my graphics and cpu and they all passed.
  • Checked my other apps e.g games etc with high graphics and all run smoothly
  • Even performed a factory reset, i only ever use my laptop for fornite, secondlife and photoshop.
  • Even ran anti-virus checks etc and all passed
  • I update my drives regulary

However this problem has been going on for 5 days now and i've go through every troubleshoot i possibly can. I am hoping someone knows what has caused this issue. Because everything use to run smooth as butter before that happened.

Love to hear your thoughts, suggestions on what i should do

Have you looked in your inventory to see where the lsl bridge script is?

If for some reason you've had inventory corruption it's conceivable that there's a constant churning try-to-load going on.

The fact that you're seeing this with three different viewers points against it being a cache problem (unless you've set all three viewers to use the same cache folder).

The standard advice for troubleshooting this issue is on the Firestorm wiki, but basically start off by TP-ing to a barren sim, such as underwater in the sea somewhere, log in and wait, seeing if your FPS improves.

3 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Have you looked in your inventory to see where the lsl bridge script is?

If for some reason you've had inventory corruption it's conceivable that there's a constant churning try-to-load going on.

The fact that you're seeing this with three different viewers points against it being a cache problem (unless you've set all three viewers to use the same cache folder).

The standard advice for troubleshooting this issue is on the Firestorm wiki, but basically start off by TP-ing to a barren sim, such as underwater in the sea somewhere, log in and wait, seeing if your FPS improves.

Hi,

I've tried that already, going to different Sims to see if my fps would improve and it's still the same story.

Its just very odd, because checking lag metre it's referring to the CLIENT in red. Network and Servers are in green.

IMO, this seems to be more of a Windows issue? Has windows updated recently? I've certainly encountered windows updates that smoked SL performance, for whatever reason. Sometimes a System Restore - rolling back to an earlier date fixed things. Also ensuring everything related to SL is white listed in windows firewall and windows defender. And while this hasn't happened alot, even a Nvida driver update has on occasion messed with SL performance. Keep an eye on system processes running while SL is running. Are there other processes that are using alot of CPU or even 100% of the CPU at the same time? Is something  writing to or reading from a disc drive at 100% How much RAM are you using. You can monitor all that in the Task Manager. Even see if you are sending or receiving a huge amount of data while SL is running - or even all the time. Bit coin hackers have been known to hijack machines for mining operations

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, M1SSZEE said:

I am hoping someone could provide a little clarity as to why my fps has dropped drastically.

I've followed every thing under the sun to troubleshoot the cause of the drastic frame rate. And i've even performed a factory reset thinking it was my laptop.

Long story short, Last thursday i had received an error, logged into Firestorm an error appeared that my LSL BRIDGE NOT FOUND.
Since then, my FPS has been less than 10, reaching to probably as low as 2fps.

@M1SSZEE try and copy and paste info from Help->About in Firestorm, important to see if the viewer detects your internal graphic card correct.

Your computer should run Second Life flawless, not with highest FPS, but ok.

As your problem has been going on for 5 days, it not a Windows update causing it.

I assume you have updated drivers, else check https://www.amd.com/en/support

If Firestorm bridge  is not recreated as suggested by @Lillith Hapmouche , check https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/doku.php?id=fs_bridge_issues

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 1

I appreciate the help guys, i will try these when i get home from work.

I just found it really odd, to drop so drastically and to be consistent the last few days its becoming quite frustrating.

Its kinda ruining my Second Life Experience.

3 hours ago, Jackson Redstar said:

And while this hasn't happened alot, even a Nvida driver update has on occasion messed with SL performance. Keep an eye on system processes running while SL is running. Are there other processes that are using alot of CPU or even 100% of the CPU at the same time? Is something  writing to or reading from a disc drive at 100% How much RAM are you using. You can monitor all that in the Task Manager.

@Jackson Redstar, my friend and i have done that - we opened task manager and monitored sl viewer, firestorm and black dragon (not all at once of course) one by one, and we noticed the CPU ran dormant. was not moving it remained idle the whole time. 

We then tried opening other games, programs and the CPU fluttered as it should when a program is running. So for some reason or inkling i have a feeling something is blocking my cpu for running correctly with SL

Edited by M1SSZEE

Some possibilities might be:

LSL bridge script not functional : Lilith already clarified how to fix it.

You have increased your draw distance very high in options and it is trying to render everything around you.

You can reduce draw distance ctrl + P / graphics

118993iE32C54F57AD1354F.jpg

Another possibility you are using dual graphics card and system changed default graphic card but for clarification you need post your system info located at Help -> Firestorm menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunawayBunny said:

Another possibility you are using dual graphics card and system changed default graphic card but for clarification you need post your system info located at Help -> Firestorm menu.

Mine did that to me on an old laptop.  Never figured out how or why it changed.

@Rachel1206 @Lillith Hapmouche my stats from secondlife:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics          (2894.57 MHz)
Memory: 15733 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.804)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 4096 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.6172
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 461.72

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.40.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v8.0.6
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.01.05
Dullahan: 1.8.0.202007261348
  CEF: 81.3.10+gb223419+chromium-81.0.4044.138
  Chromium: 81.0.4044.138
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1017 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 128 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-High (4/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 2048 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2021-3-9T11:29:12 
Built with MSVC version 1916
Packets Lost: 1/5,040 (0.0%)
March 10 2021 10:15:28 SLT

59 minutes ago, M1SSZEE said:

@Rachel1206 @Lillith Hapmouche my stats from secondlife:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics          (2894.57 MHz)
Memory: 15733 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 19041.804)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1650 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Graphics Card Memory: 4096 MB

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 27.21.14.6172
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 461.72

OK, see this is important, your PC has an onboard AMD Radeon Graphics GPU and a discrete real NVidea GeForce GPU, so two graphics cards.

In Windows, click START, select Control Panel > System > Select the Hardware tab > Device Manager > Display Adapters. Right click on the listed display (AMD Radeon integrated graphics) and select DISABLE.

Open GeForce Control Panel and do as below:

20210217_NVidia_Control_Panel01.thumb.png.c6b7293e4ba408a7bdeb03c72fb7fc36.png

In your case GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, which is an excellent GPU. You should have high FPS even on high and ultra graphic settings.

Further settings I use, use Adaptive power management on a laptop.

20210217_NVidia_Control_Panel02.thumb.png.9cf487767681c46a9535c1fc096c0707.png20210217_NVidia_Control_Panel03.thumb.png.cc78e19f70710c9518122ced96028796.png

Last, be sure you NVidea GeForfe drivers are updated.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 2

If the general tips do not work, then I'd personally start to look around system logs ( https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-event-viewer-windows-10 ) and viewer logs ( see https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/file_a_jira#how_to_give_us_your_logs ). The fact, that all three mentioned world viewers are producing the same slowdown (and they didn't change, the error appeared "suddenly") means that there is something wrong with the OS itself - or the drivers. Both log locations may help to determine what it is exactly. Maybe it's power saving mode in the computer as well... it's a long shot, but check if here https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/103965-set-preferred-gpu-apps-windows-10-a.html viewers are in high performance mode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M1SSZEE said:

@Aishagain @Rachel1206 - Okay i legit have tried everything and my fps are not getting any higher, if anything they've stay below 7fps.

ughhhhh wtf am i doing wrong, i can now legit say I'VE DONE EVERYTHING

Try and get help from a gamer in your circle of friends/family, it could be a very simple thing not set correct. You graphic card GTX 1650 should run SL with 45+ FPS without problems.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, M1SSZEE said:

@Aishagain @Rachel1206 - Okay i legit have tried everything and my fps are not getting any higher, if anything they've stay below 7fps.

ughhhhh wtf am i doing wrong, i can now legit say I'VE DONE EVERYTHING

Have you tried looking at your power settings? I know after an update, mine was set to power saver for some reason, I had to go in there and change it back to performance. If it is on Powersaver, try changing it to Balanced or High performance if you have the option. 

89a02c48e8ab7c1473bdbd43efba865c.png
https://gyazo.com/89a02c48e8ab7c1473bdbd43efba865c

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.