Feeling so lost in world after several years of inactivity

BeccaLee Couturier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've lost touch with all in world friends. It seems as if nobody is really active inworld anymore. I don't really know where to even start again. I had to contact LL to even get my password because I don't remember which email I'd even used to create my account. I just logged in wearing a dress from Blueberry and hair from Truth.. or Magika.. and I feel like I'm so out of touch. I figured with the pandemic SL would be booming. Was I wrong? I'd really like to be able to jump back in and find enjoyment out of it again. I'm in the US, and they're not taking things seriously here. I've been working from home for a year and it's getting so ridiculously boring avoiding going out anywhere. I was hoping this could be an escape for me like it once was.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, BeccaLee Couturier said:

I've lost touch with all in world friends. It seems as if nobody is really active inworld anymore. I don't really know where to even start again. I had to contact LL to even get my password because I don't remember which email I'd even used to create my account. I just logged in wearing a dress from Blueberry and hair from Truth.. or Magika.. and I feel like I'm so out of touch. I figured with the pandemic SL would be booming. Was I wrong? I'd really like to be able to jump back in and find enjoyment out of it again. I'm in the US, and they're not taking things seriously here. I've been working from home for a year and it's getting so ridiculously boring avoiding going out anywhere. I was hoping this could be an escape for me like it once was.

Hello friend.

Sorry to hear about that.

But its the same for many.

Yeah,it really boomed during the scamdemic.

But then as many countries started to ease the restrictions,the amount of users here became normal.

Still there are a lot of SL users ere who visit regularly.

Btw,after how long are you back?

I came back after like 4 years due to covid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KanzulR said:

Hello friend.

But then as many countries started to ease the restrictions,the amount of users here became normal.

So about two years ago I came back for about a week before realizing I didn't have the time for it. Before that, it had been 4 years. I started 11 years ago.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BeccaLee Couturier said:

We found pretty much this at ShenaniganS - folks turned up as they explored then hung around, some were oldbies returning & discovered that the reason they stopped coming to SL (the drama & general unfriendliness of younger players) was still around so they sit in their Linden homes with occasional visits to Uber and so on it would seem. The folks who cherish & love "community" seem to stick around and come back - those are the folks we built our venue for :)

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, BeccaLee Couturier said:

I'm in the US, and they're not taking things seriously here.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:34 PM, KanzulR said:

Yeah, it really boomed during the scamdemic.

I don't quite see this friendship working out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

On 3/3/2021 at 2:27 PM, BeccaLee Couturier said:

By you mentioning 'find enjoyment out of it (sl)', what exactly gave you enjoyment before?  Socializing and hanging out with friends?  Shopping?  Enjoying music venues and exploring?  Romance?   More people logged into sl, in my opinion in the first lock-downs. 

If you had favorite hangouts before, are they still around?  Generally, people tend to find a few favorite places to hang out at regularly, and meet others there.  

• Like 3

It sounds like you are looking for new friendships. This is an ongoing topic here in the forums, and telling from the experience most made, it is best to follow activities you enjoy because shared interests make it usually easier. These interests could be attending live music events, joining a roleplay community, or any sort of activity like sailing/flying/driving, building, photographing, exploring, horseback riding and so on. 

• Like 4

I had a similar experience myself, I had left SL only because I didnt have a good enough computer to keep up and finally I got back and its been a bit of a struggle. It takes time to regain trust w my community folk after disappearing but I am hopeful about building anew and bringing on new folks like me who are just returning to SL all doe eyed and meshless! hahaha I am on the hunt for new friends myself! Or just chill acquaintances who are interested in building on community vibes with me. The sim I live at and have since I started SL is called "Commune Utopia" there is a community there of cool ppl there ill be around way more now just having impromptu parties come join and chill!  We'll have a full ressurection moment. Anyone in this thread interested just IM me in world Foxyeink! Much love xo

• Like 4

On 3/13/2021 at 12:09 AM, Caroline Takeda said:

"Scamdemic" is not an opinion, it's just  plain bull*****.

Half a million dead Americans sadly agree.  I mean, that's one twelfth of a Holocaust, but hey, apparently that was all liberal media lies, too.  🤥

@Caroline Takeda is right.  You should steer clear of people like this. 💩🤡

• Like 5

I’ve taken a couple breaks from SL. My last one was medical. I was out 18 months in recovery from surgery. And another year or so getting used to my new normal. When I came back to SL it seemed like the whole world had changed. Mesh bodies? Separate heads? BOM, EEP? I’m sure it is confusing and overwhelming for you. It was for me. But I got my SL legs back and found a couple of (new) communities where I felt comfortable. (My old ones where gone 😢) I like to imagine SL As  huge ocean where we are all adrift in tiny life boats. We can teleport freely from lifeboat to lifeboat, but we are all universally subject to the waves and fickle inclement weather that SL throws at us. Take it one day at a time. The stuff that drew you to SL in the beginning is still here... it just now comes with four huds, better skin, and enough alpha channels to choke a horse.

Edited by Alma Palmira
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/3/2021 at 7:34 PM, KanzulR said:

Hello friend.

scamdemic?     Over 1000000 dead and 15000 elderly dead in NY alone?  Are you serious?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi, Becca! Welcome back to SL. You don't sound out of touch to me. Blueberry makes some pretty stuff. In SL, it's all about your own personal fashion. I alternate between big ballgowns and mer form, for example. Anyway, if you are looking for a huge community why not give the Fish Hunt community I am a member of a try? It's huge and you are sure to find lots of people to hang out with there. The fishing is nice too.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Business Park/104/149/22 

I feel you! It happened to me many a time! The longest I have been away was 3 years! SL seemed like a different game...now with the mesh bodies and AFK places and so many other advancements...definitely SL has changed a lot. I would say take it slow and learn each day a bit. Go around and make a list of LMs you like (to go there often). Human interaction hasnt changed much....we are still who we are (lol) so in that sense....just IM someone that may look interesting and see what goes. I just want you to know that those "SL Blues"  feeling when returning to SL is common to many of us...you are not alone!!!!

On 3/18/2021 at 4:34 PM, Doris Johnsky said:

scamdemic?     Over 1000000 dead and 15000 elderly dead in NY alone?  Are you serious?

I think you misunderstood the idea of scamdemic. CoVid is real. I have yet to find anyone that actually thinks otherwise. But, the reporting, vaccines, masks, and lock downs have been politicized in the USA. That is where the scam idea comes from. Those that disagree with the mainstream opinions voice that by saying scam. The corporate media says those people disbelieve CoVid is real. Not the case.

@BeccaLee Couturier Use the Destination Guide to find people, the web or in-world versons. If you are walking around SL you WILL think it is deserted. It isn't. We are just spread out. If you want to see a crowd, try to get into Addams or Blueberry stores on a sale day.

We have Fantasy Fair and SL17B coming soon. They will be jammed.

The daily number of concurrent users peaks just under 60k about 2PM SLT. The low is around 2AM SLT and about 25k.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I think you misunderstood the idea of scamdemic. CoVid is real. I have yet to find anyone that actually thinks otherwise. But, the reporting, vaccines, masks, and lock downs have been politicized in the USA. That is where the scam idea comes from. Those that disagree with the mainstream opinions voice that by saying scam. The corporate media says those people disbelieve CoVid is real. Not the case.

@BeccaLee Couturier Use the Destination Guide to find people, the web or in-world versons. If you are walking around SL you WILL think it is deserted. It isn't. We are just spread out. If you want to see a crowd, try to get into Addams or Blueberry stores on a sale day.

We have Fantasy Fair and SL17B coming soon. They will be jammed.

The daily number of concurrent users peaks just under 60k about 2PM SLT. The low is around 2AM SLT and about 25k.

That's somewhat clearer than "scamdemic".  All you had to say was a lot of this was and has been politicized.   Scamdemic sounds like it doesn't exist. 

I mean I won't even argue that point, unless you try to put all the blame on the Trumpster.  Kinda like Biden does.  

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.