Maitreya cyber WEEK, 50% off

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This needed a thread, I feel.

Cyber Week at Maitreya
Mon, Nov 30 2020 8:26:18 AM PST

Not just a Cyber Monday, but a whole week of sales at Maitreya!!
50% off all shoes, hair, clothes, lingerie and of course our mesh bodies!

The sale continues till Sunday 6th December. So if you are having trouble entering the sim, don't worry, there is a whole week.
xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 9

Hm, might pick up the petite addon then. Been thinking about whether I should make another photo alt in case I want more than one model too, sooo ... Hm, might go ahead and make one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like the Maitreya Moccasins and I always thought 700 linden a pair is way too much.  I might consider a pair at half price, the blue ones.  I love her Laud boots too...I believe that is what they are called and are about 750 a pair.  Half price, maybe.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

I tell myself that a Maitreya body for an alt will pay itself because of all the free and cheap clothes and shoes. 😉

Right!? 😁

I picked up gifts in one of the huge events this summer. It was a 4 year aniversary or something like that. Fameshed maybe. It was a gift in every tent. And 50% had Maitreya sizes only. The rest had Maitreya and various other bodies, but not the 1 L Classic giftbody from Meshbody. Stores like Addams, Blueberry and Scandalize has lots of gifts for Maitreya.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I like the Maitreya Moccasins and I always thought 700 linden a pair is way too much.  I might consider a pair at half price, the blue ones.  I love her Laud boots too...I believe that is what they are called and are about 750 a pair.  Half price, maybe.  

It is a crazy expensive place to buy clothes. But the quality is top. The body is cheap, considering what we get of free updates not first, but reasonably fast and new things done well... (Looking at you, Belleza!) And now add-ons instead of another body. More feet heights in a free update. Plus a totally flat chest now, so it is both a small breasts and a flat chest add-on. Have Maitreya raised the price on Lara, at all, these 5 years? I think not.

Hey, @Onyx LeShelle, how about making a deformer for the shoulders? I have tried deformers from the Marketplace and they are ridiculous. They lower the shoulders so much. It should be just 1-2 inches lower.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Can. Not. Spend. Any. More. Lindens. This. Week.

...... brief internal struggle ensues ........

...... teleports immediately to the Maitreya Main Store.

Tell me about it.  I even have a boo-boo on my finger from all this clicking!  

Gets band-aid...see you there!  HA!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I have tried deformers from the Marketplace and they are ridiculous. They lower the shoulders so much. It should be just 1-2 inches lower.

I used to consider the shoulders a bit of a pet peeve of mine, they can look really tense - especially since few AOs seem to address this and keep the shoulders level at most times (or sometimes even pushing them up a little).

The ones I'm using on Neph are a combination of Small and Eradita, one for pushing them down a little, and the other for pushing the shoulder joints in a little (without mucking up the thorax the way reducing your shoulder width does). 

I also managed to create a single attachment out of most of the deformers I got (the ones that were modifiable anyway), which ... Is nice. I think. Not that I tend to hit the attachment cap anyway, but still!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip ! 🤩

When I was a complete newbie a few months ago, I bought SO MANY clothes that didn't fit my Legacy body on the marketplace because I had... well, no clue about anything, mostly.

So I might use this sale as an excuse to grab a Lara body and finally use that alternative wardrobe sleeping in my inventory. 😊

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lauleetah said:

Thanks for the tip ! 🤩

When I was a complete newbie a few months ago, I bought SO MANY clothes that didn't fit my Legacy body on the marketplace because I had... well, no clue about anything, mostly.

So I might use this sale as an excuse to grab a Lara body and finally use that alternative wardrobe sleeping in my inventory. 😊

Heres a lil tip - MP refine your search for 'promo' and 'gift' - loadsa wonderful Maitreya stuff that dont cost a mint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I used to consider the shoulders a bit of a pet peeve of mine, they can look really tense - especially since few AOs seem to address this and keep the shoulders level at most times (or sometimes even pushing them up a little).

The ones I'm using on Neph are a combination of Small and Eradita, one for pushing them down a little, and the other for pushing the shoulder joints in a little (without mucking up the thorax the way reducing your shoulder width does). 

I also managed to create a single attachment out of most of the deformers I got (the ones that were modifiable anyway), which ... Is nice. I think. Not that I tend to hit the attachment cap anyway, but still!

I have a new torso. LOVE! No need for Petite now. (I tested the look like you wear Petite deformer too.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lauleetah said:

Thanks for the tip ! 🤩

This is the best way to search for YOUR body type of clothing on Marketplace:  First type the name of the body in the Marketplace search box, whether you are going to use Legacy, Maitreya or which ever.  Then after you type in your body look to the left side on the Marketplace page for the word APPARAL, click on that word and then you will get a submenu.  Next click on WOMEN'S and then you will get another submenu that has tops, bottoms, outfits, dresses, footwear, etc.  You can then choose from those submenus and all that you brought up will be for either Legacy or Maitreya including the footwear.   

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I'm thinking, it is not going to be so bad. Maitreya has such a small selection of clothing. Those going there will buy the body. And since half of females in SL has it already....

Yes they have a small selection of clothing, but it is quality stuff and a premium price, I bet everyone who has the Maitreya body has at least one thing they love in the store they have not yet bought because it is so pricy, all those people are going to be going to the store now.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 4

Here go my spending funds for a month! Still considering grabbing petite add on as well. 

Want going to buy another body, but Maytreya makes fitting clothes so easy, and at half price... I have no willpower I guess. XD

Sim surprisingly wasn't too crowded or laggy at all. 

• Like 1

I'm glad Maitreya waited these days, because it was so many sales the Black Weekend. And now I have a whole week to skip over to Maitreya. Lovely. No stress. :)

It was so relaxing that Apple Fall had their sale on the Marketplace too, not only inworld. And the prices is still 50 L on the Marketplace.  😉

• Like 1

Maitreya's store has so many people in it! A mole was there as well. Went and bought Maitreya for another alt.

Meanwhile a certain other body company is trying to pull a wall over people's eyes lol

Full price on their main region(where everybody seems to be going), but half price on a secondary region(and i've hardly seen more than 2 people there). RIP to anybody paying full price.

Edit: As of now the secondary region is also back to 5k

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1242 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.