Any actual friendly people in SL?

HRH Andrew

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I rarely make first contact inworld when I'm at a social sim, such as a ballroom or chat area. And I mean VERY rarely. The two occasions I did this week, I was met with hostility and rudeness, one even saying that I was like everyone else and I should go away. I'd pretty much said hello and commented on the question in their profile "Why do people friend you and then uncheck so you can't see them?". Not sure where the hell that tirade came from lol.

So let's try here. Any actual friendly people here that would like to hang out inworld sometime? I've been away and my friends list is pretty... dead lol

• Like 6

5 hours ago, AnonymousMike said:

I think that happens when people get bothered alot, I know if I sign in and I get IM's constantly from the same person over and over I eventually start unchecking them...   I know its not nice but in the same respect I need a little space.

i totally agree with this. i know that i've had a few people basically "simp" for me in manners on SL because i am a friendly person and a very social butterfly while in the presence of SL. #spaceisneeded

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, HRH Andrew said:

I rarely make first contact inworld when I'm at a social sim, such as a ballroom or chat area. And I mean VERY rarely. The two occasions I did this week, I was met with hostility and rudeness, one even saying that I was like everyone else and I should go away. I'd pretty much said hello and commented on the question in their profile "Why do people friend you and then uncheck so you can't see them?". Not sure where the hell that tirade came from lol.

So let's try here. Any actual friendly people here that would like to hang out inworld sometime? I've been away and my friends list is pretty... dead lol

I am sometimes shy, but once you get to know me I can your annoying best friend lol

• Like 2

Hello \o

I see profiles that tell people to not say "Hi" which I think is silly but if I find it i will certainly not say "hi" to you, thank you for the warning, I don't want to interrupt your important and fragile ego.  I don't know what the intent is but I'll never understand humans and I try not to get too confused about it but it still gets to me at times.  Those that put a ton of warnings and complains in their profiles are unlikely to get my attention as well unless I haven't read it first, and usually I don't read it first.

I especially get a kick out of people telling me, from their profile, "That's all you need to know".  As if I wanted to know anything at all about them.  I really don't care much about who you are in your profile.  We all want to tell a story, you told yours, now let's talk real.

I am always dangerously busy with my projects but never too busy to goof around, kick rocks, laugh... these are the important things.  I, too, find it difficult to locate those that just wanna appreciate the simple things.

Say "hi", I'm here a lot.  I have antlers on my head and I wear slippers....

yap, those are the important things.

• Like 3

I can be friends just having trust in someone here is another most people not in for the friendship the last person try to be friends with was already hitting on me. Is hard to find someone who isn't come up to me ask me in the mood to "play" which is why I have a hard time trusting anyone. but I am friendly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeannita0mckay said:

I can be friends just having trust in someone here is another most people not in for the friendship the last person try to be friends with was already hitting on me. Is hard to find someone who isn't come up to me ask me in the mood to "play" which is why I have a hard time trusting anyone. but I am friendly.

I rarely trust anyone in SL.  That doesn't mean they can't be a friend.  You just need to certain parts of your life away from people since you'll really never know who they are unless you meet them in RL.  Just an fyi....your display name might have something to do with people asking is you want to play.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, depends on your definition of 'friendly' I suppose. For some of us we love a good of bit banter which can be taken the wrong way as: "Oh man that guy's an *****" when he's not; it's just his humour. ... I'd like to think maybe I can be friendly heh... as they say.

Anyways, I totally get that... alot of people going off over the smallest and silliest of things; I've noticed alot of times when you comment on their profile it offends them for some reason eventhough you're agreeing with what they said pertaining to certain things. Makes me shrug. I guess being agreeable is offensive hah. I mean, if people wanna hit me up otherwise I'd be game for it.

I could tell ya so many experiences I've had... it'd make you think you're in a alternate dimension or mental asylum at the least.

Oh yeah, some of em' have reading problems I suppose... literacy seems to be in short supply as a commodity. Whabam, thank ya mam, it's in the ham. *Winky eyes*

That said, I was once like you in the sense I'd hold back and not say much and let people approach me but you know what? Given how people are gonna judge us and whatever period and we got one life to live sod it. I've gotten ballsier these days and just IM who I think I might get along with. I got a saying: "When in doubt, yolo" but within reason ofcourse that's not to say jump off a cliff or hit someone but yeah.

Besides, who cares about status or popularity anyways? George Carlin said it best with his idea of 'The Art of not giving a *****e".

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Simo Vodopan said:

Heh, depends on your definition of 'friendly' I suppose. For some of us we love a good of bit banter which can be taken the wrong way as: "Oh man that guy's an *****" when he's not; it's just his humour. ... I'd like to think maybe I can be friendly heh... as they say.

Simo, has anyone ever told you you're an *****?

;-).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/21/2020 at 4:57 PM, HRH Andrew said:

Hi Andrew. I have met so many wonderful and friendly people in SL. It is rare that I run in to someone who is an out and out jerk. I love going to ballrooms and fishing. You are welcome to fish with me and my friends sometime. :) We are a huge group and I will be happy to show you how it works. If you want to give it a whirl just let me know. Here is the place to get a fishing rod:

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Business Park/104/149/22

I can assure you we are a friendly bunch and you will find lots of people to hang out with besides a mermaid. Lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.