Faces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, MrsSeren said:

One of the eyes looks odd in Mother Goose picture and it perturbing shot because of that. :/ 

You think so? Odd in what way? If you mean the eye position. The right eye could perhaps be a little more centered.

Edited by Doc Carling

19 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

You think so? Odd in what way? If you mean the eye position. The right eye could perhaps be a little more centered.

Looks like the left eye not sitting flush like other eye; looks like needs pulling forward a bit as looks really odd sat back in eye socket like that.

On 11/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, MrsSeren said:

Looks like the left eye not sitting flush like other eye; looks like needs pulling forward a bit as looks really odd sat back in eye socket like that.

Yes, it's really not perfect. Normally I work with classic heads, but recently I experiment with mesh/bento ones. I have studio panels which can control eyes movement of classic heads. Because the panel controls don't work with mesh/bonto head I use the Lelutka Axis Hud. I like it much, but I'm still learning it. Actually I thought I can control eyes only pairwise. Wrong. I just discovered one can control each eye separately. Wow.  I saved the avatars shown on the pictures. On the next pictures their eyes will look more natural.

• Like 1

Avatar built with Maitreya mesh body, Genus Strong Face head, classic skin + BOM. Picture edited with Photoimpact X3. Ack, the top looks not good I notice. I post a new version soon.

erika.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 2

This one was made with a Lightstar Athena mesh head and a random pale classic skin. Well, I was always a fan of classic head because I thought with mesh heads faces look all the same. Nothing could be more wrong. Many thanks to Maitimo in the Avatar forum who told me about the Lightstar head.

athena3.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This avatar was made with head W08 by AK Advanced. The head is a group gift. Though to join the group one has to pay 150 L. lol The shape is my work and the skin is a random classic skin that I purchased for a few Lindens and applied with BOM.

anita.jpg

anitabw.jpg

anitamono.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

One thing is really bugging me about most of these pictures and that is - NO EYELASHES!!!!!  Maybe they are just small or I'm not seeing them, but the thing is...I'm not seeing them!!!

Some do have them, but some don't -- and those are really creepy.

• Like 1

Eyelashes... I do have them. They have been a thing with me.

Shadows... when I wanted them I had been adding most of them in Photoshop... and I have had shadows turned on forever, Sun, Moon, and Projectors. I recently saw a video on improving Firestorm's shadows... what? So... I started testing and playing with settings in Firestorm and Black Dragon. Now I have SHADOWS. (The how to Firestorm Shadows - Preview of Monday's (12/21) post..)

50738172082_8f90e1a31b_k.jpg

This is the GA.EG Jennifer head with my shape adjustments. Eyes by GA.EG. Body by Slink. Clothes by Addams.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Eyelashes... I do have them. They have been a thing with me.

Shadows... when I wanted them I had been adding most of them in Photoshop... and I have had shadows turned on forever, Sun, Moon, and Projectors. I recently saw a video on improving Firestorm's shadows... what? So... I started testing and playing with settings in Firestorm and Black Dragon. Now I have SHADOWS. (The how to Firestorm Shadows - Preview of Monday's (12/21) post..)

50738172082_8f90e1a31b_k.jpg

This is the GA.EG Jennifer head with my shape adjustments. Eyes by GA.EG. Body by Slink. Clothes by Addams.

Shadows in other Viewers cannot be set to look like those in BD. BD has A) a different light softening algorithm which changes how shadows are softened (both sun and projectors) and B) has a couple code tweaks towards precision of shadows that cannot be achieved with debug settings. B is also the reason some of the settings may not work in BD because BD uses fixed ones that scale automatically with altitude. Apart from that BD has all the same shadow settings any other Viewer has except the Simple Shadows option. Generally if you want to achieve shadows on your face or with two objects close to another (your jacked on your shirt) you'll want to change the shadow bias/error values, these have a huge influence on shadow accuracy and are essentially the root of all BD shadow precision changes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

One thing is really bugging me about most of these pictures and that is - NO EYELASHES!!!!!  Maybe they are just small or I'm not seeing them, but the thing is...I'm not seeing them!!!

RL: eyelashes are annoyingly long from eye meds, and get trimmed as needed!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1091 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.