Faces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

That's a Dream Ciara bento head animated with Lelutka Axis Hud. That's a nice tool.

bethmono.jpg

I like this. Pose, expression, softer colors.

This head does not have teeth or tongue. I have read that you can use the teeth part from a Genus head for it. Maybe the "Strong" Genus head is still free in the store?

5 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I like this. Pose, expression, softer colors.

This head does not have teeth or tongue. I have read that you can use the teeth part from a Genus head for it. Maybe the "Strong" Genus head is still free in the store?

Thank you. The Lelutka HUD made the head pose and the face expression possible. It is true. This is very simple head. I'm looking for one that works good together with BoM and as many classic skins as possible. At the moment I try low price heads. The shapes I modify by myself. Perhaps I should continue with demos of more expensive heads. Though demos are mostly limited and I'm not sure, if they work together with BoM. Well, I looked for the "Strong" head on the market and found tons of head shapes, but the not the head itself. I will take a look in the store also. Thanks for the tip.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Bad form, man. Really really bad bloody form.

I didn't notice your replay. My apologize. However, not only in SL, but also in real life I met and meet frequently people, mostly guys, which consider women as angel-like creatures, innocent and  pure, which aren't in no way able to harm anyone. Bad news for those which think so, women can act as ugly, nasty, arrogant and ruthless as men act. You mustn't take my word for it. It is common knowledge :) And if they act so, they have to be aware that they might get an approbiate answer.

Edited by Doc Carling

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

I will take a look in the store also. 

It was a Genus group gift (should be free to join) and it was in their store.

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

I didn't notice your replay. My apologize. However, not only in SL, but also in real life I met and meet frequently people, mostly guys, which consider women as angel-like creatures, innocent and  pure, which aren't in no way able to harm anyone. Bad news for those which think so, women can act as ugly, nasty, arrogant and ruthless as men act. You mustn't take my word for it. It is common knowledge :) And if they act so, they have to be aware that they might get an approbiate answer. Especially because they  demand at any given opportunity their equal rights.

I'm going to give my 2 cents to this comment, even though it is not directed to me, but kinda is about me, since I am one of the women who did have the audacity to comment on your work - which is how your attitude comes across.

Speaking only for myself...I do not consider myself an "angel-like creature" - in fact I happily admit that I can be a C-word that rhymes with "hunt".  That being said, I am not rude, insulting or go out of my way to be hurtful to people.  I am often blunt in my words, and whilst that can come across as rude, it is always honest as I do not play silly little games.  If you ask for an opinion, you will get an honest opinion from me.  You won't get the kiss-butt sheep reply.   That does not make me "ugly, nasty, arrogant and ruthless".  

I also do not believe I have been "ugly, nasty, arrogant or ruthless" in my replies to you, except for one where I did say that if you wanted me to be insulting and harsh, I could be - and I was.  I have never put you down as a man or an artist, simply keep my focus on your work in an effort to give you some feedback (school-marmish as it might have been) and it did not come from a place of negativity.  Your art may not be to my taste, but I do appreciate it for what it is. 

That being said, the responses to and about me have insulted me as a person.  I have been called "perhaps" a prude - which gave my Sir a huge laugh as he says I am the most deviant woman he has ever met!  I have been called a troll - just for having an opinion?  I have been called "perhaps" unable to enjoy eroticism and sensuality - which my Flickr page and private picture collection would disprove emphatically.  It was also said that as a woman I am not allowed to have opinions or the right to comment on your art because it is posted for men to enjoy - to which I say, post in a PUBLIC space, expect the PUBLIC to comment.  

I do, however, still stand by my original comment that what you have been posting here is not "faces" as the focus is not on faces.  

My "comic-ed" contribution to "Faces".

Snapshot_003a.jpg

P.S.  Please find a teeth/tongue addition for your heads as it looks incredibly creepy to have an open mouth with nothing inside.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
Added the PS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

It was a Genus group gift (should be free to join) and it was in their store.

I'm going to give my 2 cents to this comment, even though it is not directed to me, but kinda is about me, since I am one of the women who did have the audacity to comment on your work - which is how your attitude comes across.

Speaking only for myself...I do not consider myself an "angel-like creature" - in fact I happily admit that I can be a C-word that rhymes with "hunt".  That being said, I am not rude, insulting or go out of my way to be hurtful to people.  I am often blunt in my words, and whilst that can come across as rude, it is always honest as I do not play silly little games.  If you ask for an opinion, you will get an honest opinion from me.  You won't get the kiss-butt sheep reply.   That does not make me "ugly, nasty, arrogant and ruthless".  

I also do not believe I have been "ugly, nasty, arrogant or ruthless" in my replies to you, except for one where I did say that if you wanted me to be insulting and harsh, I could be - and I was.  I have never put you down as a man or an artist, simply keep my focus on your work in an effort to give you some feedback (school-marmish as it might have been) and it did not come from a place of negativity.  Your art may not be to my taste, but I do appreciate it for what it is. 

That being said, the responses to and about me have insulted me as a person.  I have been called "perhaps" a prude - which gave my Sir a huge laugh as he says I am the most deviant woman he has ever met!  I have been called a troll - just for having an opinion?  I have been called "perhaps" unable to enjoy eroticism and sensuality - which my Flickr page and private picture collection would disprove emphatically.  It was also said that as a woman I am not allowed to have opinions or the right to comment on your art because it is posted for men to enjoy - to which I say, post in a PUBLIC space, expect the PUBLIC to comment.  

I do, however, still stand by my original comment that what you have been posting here is not "faces" as the focus is not on faces.  

My "comic-ed" contribution to "Faces".

Snapshot_003a.jpg

P.S.  Please find a teeth/tongue addition for your heads as it looks incredibly creepy to have an open mouth with nothing inside.

Well, thanks for clarifying. I think we have to consider that we perhaps are not talking the same mother tounge. So some undertones  and meanings might get lost or not intended ones get added in the translation. Statements which are in one language might be daily use can be in the other one sound like an offense. Said that we might have understood this or that wrong. Anyway, my above reply is just a summary of my personal life experience. It is not addressed to anyone in this forum. As for teeth/tounge I try my best. lol I mentioned that I'm in a phase where I try to get familar with bento heads. I think it is understandable that I don't want to spend tons of money before I know what I'm doing.

Edited by Doc Carling

3 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Thank you and yes that's one of the outfits this avatar has.

Looks to me Cyborg-like. Well, I tried to build male avatars now and then. The results were rather modest. 😄

Edited by Doc Carling

Just now, Doc Carling said:

Looks to me Cyborg-like. Well, I tried to build male avatars now and then. The result were rather modest. 😄

I got another outfit that it looks more like cyborg etc. This one is just random fantasy.. something.

random.jpg.c8728a9bcde33cb7dc2b2bdf4c445

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Cool one. But my opinion doesn't count. Would be more interesting to hear the ladies opinion.

Actually your opinion also counts and anyway mine is just an old one that i haven't updated it since 2016  (TMP Deluxe & Catwa Daniel), no bom stuff or whatever, there are much better avatars these days. I just take a couple of photos when in the mood and that's it. Thanks again for the like.

11 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Actually your opinion also counts and anyway mine is just an old one that i haven't updated it since 2016  (TMP Deluxe & Catwa Daniel), no bom stuff or whatever, there are much better avatars these days. I just take a couple of photos when in the mood and that's it. Thanks again for the like.

Anytime. I use a classic skin on an Adam mesh body with BoM. Actually I'm a very BoM fan. Well, I build 2 female avatars per day as new models, but my own avatar I change perhaps all 2 years. lol Why I don't ask ladies to model for me? Yes, that was easy in former days. But meanwhile SL is so technical with all the new features. Shootings can take hours until one achieves the wanted results. That's a bit of expecting too much from a lady. Especially if you can't pay what their work is worth.

Edited by Doc Carling

7 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Cool one. But my opinion doesn't count. Would be more interesting to hear the ladies opinion.

From previous comments you've made, you really only care about opinions from men on your pictures, which are of female characters - and here you apparently think that only female opinions matter on Nick's picture.

So comments on a picture are only relevant when made by someone of the opposite sex as the person in the picture.  Interesting viewpoint.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

From previous comments you've made, you really only care about opinions from men on your pictures, which are of female characters - and here you apparently think that only female opinions matter on Nick's picture.

So comments on a picture are only relevant when made by someone of the opposite sex as the person in the picture.  Interesting viewpoint.

More to Doc's statement.

tenor (5).gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

From previous comments you've made, you really only care about opinions from men on your pictures

Yes, I consider male comments on my pictures as more relevant because they are meant for males at the first place. That doesn't mean that I ignore female ones. Anyway, may I remind you that this picture is not mine? Comment it as you want. I'm sure Nick is able to defend it by himself, if he doesn't like like what you say.  As for your second statement. If you take a closer look at my images you will see that I post female characters. Well, you know, I'm straight. Can you imagine that I perhaps don't have a sense or an eye for male beauty? And therefore leave it to the ladies to comment it?:)

Edited by Doc Carling

22 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You can always say you identify as a woman...

Yes i could if it mattered to me but it doesn't since my avatar is just a fictional character that i use to play the game and means nothing at all.
For example right now it looks like this.

Screenshot_2020-10-22_19-27-48.thumb.png.30d3bfc60ecfd50b4d198d85e0cb271e.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another Mother Goose skin. She used to build mainly sad looking girls. But with a custom shape,  your meshbody and BOM you can built unique looking ladies with her skins, if you own ones.  Not only with hers, but with many classic skins too which slumber perhaps in your inventory because you consider them as outdated. The head is a Dream Clara Bento head.

mg1.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.