Faces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I didn't say that. Where did you find it?

This:

39 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

А чем отличается от моего? Цвета?

Is simply a translated version of 

40 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

And what's the difference from mine? The colors?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SIRIUS Iali said:

Без названия.png

Yes, I wrote: "And what's the differences from mine? The colors?" But in English not in the language that you quoted. Strange. My question meant, that my pictures are as harmless as the one that you posted. Only the colors are different. :)

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

Yes, I wrote: "And what's the differences from mine? The colors?" But in English not in the language that you quoted. Strange. My question meant, that my pictures are as harmless as the one that you posted. Only the colors are different. :)

😂😂I'm confused)))

3 minutes ago, SIRIUS Iali said:
40 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

😂😂I'm confused)))

When you quoted his previous reply, it showed up for us English folks as:

image.png.60308a2c0cff311b418f9abb05834bec.png

Showing the Russian translation, which I assume is your native language.

Confused him and then his reply confused you.

At least, I think that is where the confusion on each side came from.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you quoted his previous reply, it showed up for us English folks as:

image.png.60308a2c0cff311b418f9abb05834bec.png

Showing the Russian translation, which I assume is your native language.

Confused him and then his reply confused you.

At least, I think that is where the confusion on each side came from.

No, I'm no Russian at all. I'm a German. It should have been a German text then. lol

21 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

No, I'm no Russian at all. I'm a German. It should have been a German text then. lol

No - I'm guessing that Sirius is Russian and thus saw your post in Russian.  

Browsers will typically show posts in the language of the person viewing it, depending on how their settings are.

• Thanks 1

When I make a male avatar, I go for other looks than the blackhaired, tanned gym rat.

The first I do, is taking in the shoulder width and trying to make a more rectangular torso, not a triangular. I am very fond of creating a "person". This is why I have so many alts. After making a person, it is hard to tear him/her down and build up a different one from the same avatar base. Creators in SL must make a fortune from me.

I can make unnatural/horror/fantasy looks vith any avatar I own. That is like dressing up for a party. But this one is staying the mature steampunk/gentleman persona.

cane_profile1.jpg

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The very yellow hair was confusing me, until I saw you wanted a cartoon look. It is Supergirl - blonde.

900?cb=20140601015627

When I go for a cartoon look, I mix in alien/humanoid. No editing besides cropping and resizing smaller, so it can be uploaded.

superhero_020small.png

Yep. Comics are pure fantasy and not bound to the usual drawing rules or styles. Japanese Mangas are the best example. When it comes to editing, there is no limit for me. If I think it is required, I edit everything until the picture on the screen and the one in my fantasy are as equal as possible.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

This is why I have so many alts. After making a person, it is hard to tear him/her down and build up a different one from the same avatar base. Creators in SL must make a fortune from me.

That's the reason why I like BoM so much. I have about 250 different avatar looks saved. In general I use to build one as basic and then build variations from it perhaps with different light settings or skin colors.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Thanks 1

I very rarely save looks/outfits. Much of this is because we get body/head updates all the time. I can in theory swap the bodies and heads in outfit folders, but the thought makes me ill. Too much work... this is why my inventories look like a bomb has exploded there. Every time I think I will organize it, I get tired before I am halfway through.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I very rarely save looks/outfits. Much of this is because we get body/head updates all the time. I can in theory swap the bodies and heads in outfit folders, but the thought makes me ill. Too much work... this is why my inventories look like a bomb has exploded there. Every time I think I will organize it, I get tired before I am halfway through.

If you use Firestorm, you can replace all links to a specific object with a link to a new object. 

I think you just right click the old object and select something like Replace Links and then you drag the new object into the box.  So, if you right clicked the Maitreya 4.x body and did the Replace Links and put the Maitreya 5.x body in the box, then any link pointing to the 4.x body would be changed to point to the 5.x body.

• Like 3

49958414516_cdbd09ed70_b.jpg

I decided I spend less time being organized than I did searching for things when I was more disorganized. I still have lots of disorganization. But, I think I've gotten the organized part over 50%.

I now make sure I put things I buy where I can find them. That required some planning. It i paying off.

Like Marianne I run out of patience when organizing. So, it is now mostly time spent when I buy something.

I make lots of outfits. The most important outfits are my nude starter outfits. I keep those updated with new versions. I am less concerned about other outfits getting updated. But, the Firestorm REPLACE tool in inventory makes it easy.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I know what you mean. I have about 160,000 items. Another issue is that each time, when I start to sort out I come soon to items which I never will use again, but I don't want to throw them away because they are kind of memorabilia. 

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Have you seen Rowan's Flickr? Not exactly prudish. I also do nudes of myself.

*raises hand*

My Flickr is hardly PG either, but I draw the line at showing only T & A.  I keep the lady bits for private pictures.

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1089 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.