Faces

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

These characters are born in my fantasy and have exactly the eye lashes I want.. 

That's cool, I was just giving my two cents that it doesn't looks quite right without eyelashes.  Although considering comics usually give women exaggerated lashes...well it is your fantasy and just my opinion!

1 minute ago, Jordan Whitt said:

That's cool, I was just giving my two cents that it doesn't looks quite right without eyelashes.  Although considering comics usually give women exaggerated lashes...well it is your fantasy and just my opinion!

5 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I've kinda come to the conclusion that he is only posting the pictures here for people to admire.  He shoots down anything anyone says that could be viewed as a negative against his comics.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Doc Carling said:

That's cool, I was just giving my two cents that it doesn't looks quite right

Quite right like what or who? With what are you comparing? It is not my intension to build authentic female faces. Sure, I know comic characters with overdone eye lashes. But that doesn't mean that I must copy that. Anyway,  I appreciate your input. 🙂

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've kinda come to the conclusion that he is only posting the pictures here for people to admire.  He shoots down anything anyone says that could be viewed as a negative against his comics.

I came to that conclusion early on when anything I said was belittled and shot down as me being a prudish woman who pretty much had no right to comment as these pictures were posted for men to enjoy.  That is why I stopped viewing them and stopped commenting.  But every now and then I will peek in and my comment was...just a comment.  

I knew it will not be accepted, listened to or acknowledged for just being constructive criticism, but I stand by it.  No eyelashes = looks weird!  But everyone has their accepted levels of beauty and everyone has opinions.

• Thanks 1

On 12/20/2020 at 6:12 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Some do have them, but some don't -- and those are really creepy.

If you look a few pictures above there is one I made from my SL neighbour Dominique. It is her avatar. I didn't built it. It is all her work. See her eye minimal eye lashes. You find them creepy also? If people don't have all the same taste or style that's not creepy in my opinon, but a normal thing. 🙂

Edited by Doc Carling

37 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

as these pictures were posted for men to enjoy

I tell you a secret. Most of all my pictures are meant to enjoy myself. 🙂 Well, these characters are born in a male fantasy. So they have most likely attributes which attract a male audience more than a female one. I consider that as normal. Apart from that you and everyone can comment my pictures anytime. I just ask you to accept that they are a play with fantasies and have absolutely nothing in common with how I see real life women. I mean, if we can't see that separately, then we have even to blame the Muppet show as degrading and wrong because it presents Miss Piggy, a fat little pig, as a female. 

Edited by Doc Carling

9 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

So they have most likely attributes which attract a male audience ...

I'll let you in on a secret....guys like eyelashes.  They frame the eyes - which makes them incredibly sexy!

11 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I just ask you to accept that they are a play with fantasies and have absolutely nothing in common with how I see real life women.

I do accept this. 

12 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

I'll let you in on a secret....guys like eyelashes.  They frame the eyes - which makes them incredibly sexy!

I do accept this. 

They do. But eyes with little or no make up look natural and innocent to men. And that's what they like also. I assure you nobody of us would call that creepy. lol

Edited by Doc Carling

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've kinda come to the conclusion that he is only posting the pictures here for people to admire.

This conclusion is doubtless wrong. 🙂 You know, this is a long thread. Please check all the post, if you can find any positve comments made by you female guys. I think there is none of 160 replies. Well, my pictures are not perfect. I don't state that. But are they soo bad that earn negative feedback only? I don't think so. lol  If I do the same to your pictures, wouldn't you defend your work?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

To each their own!

When did eyelashes become makeup?  I swear I was born with mine!  

Personally I don't bother looking most of the time since I find most of his pics a tad on the creepy side.  The yellow background with the odd looking blond hair?   The aesthetic is not pleasing to the eye. Now without eyelashes, it's even more odd.

Anyway, It's your fault Jordan since I normally don't see them but you made me look!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

When did eyelashes become makeup?  I swear I was born with mine!  

Ah, so as a woman you didn't notice yet that there is an entire industry branch that offers eye make up to women? Including false lashes, lashes enlarger and everything else to change the natural lashes look? Wow! 😃 Anyway, I'm convinced that your lashes don't need any make up to make gents fall in love in with you. 🙂

Edited by Doc Carling

24 minutes ago, Erica Barbarossa said:

Hello, I am not a really good one with bodies/skins and so on. So I have a question for you, how come I see my face like that (see the pic) when I turn graphic setttings to HIGH ? the face would be ok in a lower setting but in this way I see the "mask"! 

AK -Bento Head V3.0 #W08 

Merci!!! 

Erica

[AK Advanced] - Bento Head 3.0 #W08.PNG

You might have more luck getting a response if you posted in the My Avatar thread.  A lot more people look there than here.  Just edit this post and repost.  Looks like a layer issue but I don't use that head.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 4:20 PM, Erica Barbarossa said:

AK -Bento Head V3.0 #W08 

I have the W08 head. I use it with BOM and have no problems. The effekt can also be a shine caused by a light setting that you either applied to your avatar or that's applied to the place where you took the snapshot (EEP). 

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.