How to get Lumiya 2020

Rob Huntsman

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 12:52 PM, JeromFranzic said:

Decided to go to Slideme to pay and grab the app. Seems to run well enough on my unlocked 2018 Moto G6 Play phone. Not so much for my BoM Avi... I do have a few Classic avis in my account so it might work better with those...

If you use the non Bom option of the body it renders ok.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, LittleAlessa said:

Btw I know this topic has been active but I just thought I'd point out tht lumiya 3.4.2 is available on slide me directly from the creator for $2.95 u.s. sad part is for pll tht already bought it ppl like me.... will have to buy it again well here is the link. And good luck. And God speed. Friendos.

http://m.slideme.org/application/lumiya

if you own it, you would not have to buy it again,  since you own it, you can sideload the apk file, you paid for it, I paid for it, I move it to each phone, since I paid for it, it means I can use it. 

If it was the Google play version you owned. You still gotta buy it again. And its not a apk. Its the official 3.2 release from the creator. And apks arnt actually suggested. As the host can alt them and make it so they can steal your login info...  so I mean if u wanna take tht chance my all means be my guest. But some of us actually have thoughands of dollars invested in our avi.

Edited by LittleAlessa
Forgot to write some stuff.

Ahem - even if one of the original and official sources, "Last Updated November 27, 2016". Further the last actual version of Lumiya is 3.4.2. Not 3.2. Not 3.1. Not 3.3.

In short - there are no official copies of it left. Period.

If you have it or know someone who has it (and can grab the apk) then that is your only source.

At all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleAlessa said:

If it was the Google play version you owned. You still gotta buy it again. And its not a apk. Its the official 3.2 release from the creator. And apks arnt actually suggested. As the host can alt them and make it so they can steal your login info...  so I mean if u wanna take tht chance my all means be my guest. But some of us actually have thoughands of dollars invested in our avi.

Tried it.  Didn't work. Had to get a refund from Google play.

8 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Ahem - even  if  one of the original and official sources, "Last Updated November 27, 2016". Further the last  actual  version of Lumiya is 3.4.2. Not 3.2. Not 3.1. Not 3.3.

In short -  there are no official copies of it left. Period.

If you have it or know someone who has it (and can grab the apk) then that is your  only  source.

At all.

I paid for 3.4.2, I move it around to each of my android phones,   since I did pay for it and they got it off some site that only has 3.2?  yeah and they say they trust it...   least with my apk,  I packed it, I moved it myself. 

• 4 months later...

Aptoide itself is a framework like Facebook or second life etc

not a single store like Google play , Apple apps , galaxy store,  Amazon store.   It's a apps archive from individual  users of it.  the apps apk could be on users aptoide app on thier devices.  If that users device is off ...... you all get it , I'm sure  you need the store address or id, each store has its own parameters of sharing and avariability in  App-To-Ide

The arguments of saying I went there  to find qpp x,  its not there,  are akin to saying I went to second life , and I didn't find what you said was there . 

The individual user app archives are known as stores.  can it be more dangerous than buying app from original development ?   Depends on the user.  SL has allot of dangers too, a certain risk is accepted to use things. 

in a nutshell millions of people use aptooide to archive and share thier own apps.

Edited by Willucome
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Willucome said:

Aptoide itself is a framework like Facebook or second life etc

not a single store like Google play , Apple apps , galaxy store,  Amazon store.   It's a apps archive from individual  users of it.  the apps apk could be on users aptoide app on thier devices.  If that users device is off ...... you all get it , I'm sure  you need the store address or id, each store has its own parameters of sharing and avariability in  App-To-Ide

The arguments of saying I went there  to find qpp x,  its not there,  are akin to saying I went to second life , and I didn't find what you said was there . 

The individual user app archives are known as stores.  can it be more dangerous than buying app from original development ?   Depends on the user.  SL has allot of dangers too, a certain risk is accepted to use things. 

in a nutshell millions of people use aptooide to archive and share thier own apps.

quickest way to get away from the danger, Logout...  danger over.

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, traviesa40 said:

The truth is that I have been using lumiya for a long time, a very good apk has appeared, the bad thing is that there has not been any update, I hope Linden Lad will be personified because it is a good APK, it even resists lag 

LL moved in a different direction.  we do not have a clue what they are doing currently. 

• 2 months later...

If you can find Lumiya, or had it previously, your perfectly fine to use it. It has never been blocked access. While I agree. SL should have bought the project, or hired on whoever made it, they didn't and the creator of Lumiya is no longer interested in the project. You can't steal what has already been tossed aside. That's like saying people still own the stuff they threw out and left to rot in a land fill. It's abandonware. Just like you can rummage a junkyard for spare parts, you can do whatever with Lumiya, since the author threw it away, including the official site. So people can preserve it, or can take the source code and update it however they want. But Lumiya itself is a dead product itself. Creators that give up their projects and leave them for dead deserve no sympathy nor hallowed respect beyond what they did when the project was alive, which was to exploit free source code to sell the only working SL mobile client app that ever worked worth a darn. Granted it was a small price, but it was still exploiting free source code. Because it actually worked like the PC SLclient on phones was awesome, and why people paid for it, since SL and the official alternatives weren't offering anything close. And they still aren't despite the massive amount of demand for it.Supply and demand. The official sources aren't offering it, the unofficial are. Easy fix is for LL and the alternatives to get off their asses and make a mobile client finally. Until they have one that works, people will continue to search out for Lumiya, and use it at their own risk. It's human nature. Deal with it. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Iohannes Crispien said:

If you can find Lumiya, or had it previously, your perfectly fine to use it. It has never been blocked access. While I agree. SL should have bought the project, or hired on whoever made it, they didn't and the creator of Lumiya is no longer interested in the project. You can't steal what has already been tossed aside. That's like saying people still own the stuff they threw out and left to rot in a land fill. It's abandonware. Just like you can rummage a junkyard for spare parts, you can do whatever with Lumiya, since the author threw it away, including the official site. So people can preserve it, or can take the source code and update it however they want. But Lumiya itself is a dead product itself. Creators that give up their projects and leave them for dead deserve no sympathy nor hallowed respect beyond what they did when the project was alive, which was to exploit free source code to sell the only working SL mobile client app that ever worked worth a darn. Granted it was a small price, but it was still exploiting free source code. Because it actually worked like the PC SLclient on phones was awesome, and why people paid for it, since SL and the official alternatives weren't offering anything close. And they still aren't despite the massive amount of demand for it.Supply and demand. The official sources aren't offering it, the unofficial are. Easy fix is for LL and the alternatives to get off their asses and make a mobile client finally. Until they have one that works, people will continue to search out for Lumiya, and use it at their own risk. It's human nature. Deal with it. 

and then when the creator returns to her project and queries in her database of people using it that never paid, because she has that kind of data,  she could do a take down with a dcma on them or other legal means,  people play with fire, it was not a free product, it was a paid product.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

People have played with fire for thousands of years, and they're going to keep doing it. I paid for the app, and there is such a thing as a counter suit.  We can argue the creator was negligible with the project, not maintaining it to the point of it being abandonware. It would be more feasible, and profitable, if the creator returned, updated Lumiya to modern SL standards and tools that current phones are capable of and sell the updated version. But, since that hasn't happened, we're left with an outdated viewer and hopes and wishes for LL or the alternatives to make their own mobile versions of an SL client app. Oh, and by the way, didn't I mention Lumiya was already exploiting a free source code for the SL client, and making people pay for it? That probably has a lot more to do with the downfall of the creator and why the creator's own website has disappeared, because LL themselves sued Lumiya's creator out of existence. After all the source code belongs to LL. But nice try at pretending to be a know it all legal eagle. Good luck next time! 😏👍

Edited by Iohannes Crispien
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Iohannes Crispien said:

People have played with fire for thousands of years, and they're going to keep doing it. I paid for the app, and there is such a thing as a counter suit.  We can argue the creator was negligible with the project, not maintaining it to the point of it being abandonware. It would be more feasible, and profitable, if the creator returned, updated Lumiya to modern SL standards and tools that current phones are capable of and sell the updated version. But, since that hasn't happened, we're left with an outdated viewer and hopes and wishes for LL or the alternatives to make their own mobile versions of an SL client app. Oh, and by the way, didn't I mention Lumiya was already exploiting a free source code for the SL client, and making people pay for it? That probably has a lot more to do with the downfall of the creator and why the creator's own website has disappeared, because LL themselves sued Lumiya's creator out of existence. After all the source code belongs to LL. But nice try at pretending to be a know it all legal eagle. Good luck next time! 😏 👍

well you are a fun person. so being a fun person, means you get added to my ignore list, have fun with your theories.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Iohannes Crispien said:

People have played with fire for thousands of years, and they're going to keep doing it. I paid for the app, and there is such a thing as a counter suit.  We can argue the creator was negligible with the project, not maintaining it to the point of it being abandonware. It would be more feasible, and profitable, if the creator returned, updated Lumiya to modern SL standards and tools that current phones are capable of and sell the updated version. But, since that hasn't happened, we're left with an outdated viewer and hopes and wishes for LL or the alternatives to make their own mobile versions of an SL client app. Oh, and by the way, didn't I mention Lumiya was already exploiting a free source code for the SL client, and making people pay for it? That probably has a lot more to do with the downfall of the creator and why the creator's own website has disappeared, because LL themselves sued Lumiya's creator out of existence. After all the source code belongs to LL. But nice try at pretending to be a know it all legal eagle. Good luck next time! 😏👍

LL are hardly likely to have sued a TPV creator when they themselves allow, even encourage, alternate viewers.  They even have a lovely big page for you to download them from, and if memory serves correctly, a few yerars ago LL even helped Firestorm with downloads when the FS website was crashing under the strain (I'm sure @Whirly Fizzlewill know more info on that for you).

The information given about Lumiya creator in the support group was that she had moved elsewhere in her RL and was not able to keep up with the viewer development anymore.  And since the viewer is still useable, why would you think that LL would have any issues with it? I've used lumiya since it first came out and have never had an issue with it, no virus alerts, no dodgy app permissions etc.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, Iohannes Crispien said:

Oh, and by the way, didn't I mention Lumiya was already exploiting a free source code for the SL client, and making people pay for it? That probably has a lot more to do with the downfall of the creator and why the creator's own website has disappeared, because LL themselves sued Lumiya's creator out of existence. After all the source code belongs to LL. But nice try at pretending to be a know it all legal eagle. Good luck next time! 😏👍

You're absolutely allowed to use the open-source code in your proprietary program and charge people money. That's not "exploiting." Linden Lab shares the viewer code with a commercial license.

It's not like you could just take the existing code and put it into a mobile phone. It wouldn't work. You would have to put in a lot of your own knowledge and effort.

On 9/23/2022 at 8:11 PM, Iohannes Crispien said:

I paid for the app, and there is such a thing as a counter suit.  We can argue the creator was negligible with the project, not maintaining it to the point of it being abandonware.

"Abandonware" is not a legal term. You don't lose your intellectual rights for just not maintaining a product, you'd have to wait decades to lose legal ownership. Your "counter suit" would get thrown out.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Interesting animesh working on lumiya 3.4.2. im can see my dogs from Jian. It used to see your avi flatted when u have animesh attached to urself. Only bom don't work for now. Hope somedays some smart people works on the code n add bom then this lumiya viewer is pretty complete. If the future second life mobile app ain't run on low end phones. Lumiya still a good go.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, randakong said:

Interesting animesh working on lumiya 3.4.2. im can see my dogs from Jian. It used to see your avi flatted when u have animesh attached to urself. Only bom don't work for now. Hope somedays some smart people works on the code n add bom then this lumiya viewer is pretty complete. If the future second life mobile app ain't run on low end phones. Lumiya still a good go.

Lumiya is a dead viewer, nobody but the creator has access to it's code, so unless they give it out for free for people to do what ever with, I would not expect anything added.  but at some point it will get blocked from logging in.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Lumiya is a dead viewer, nobody but the creator has access to it's code, so unless they give it out for free for people to do what ever with, I would not expect anything added.  but at some point it will get blocked from logging in.

I'm surprised if animesh is working with it, I thought Lumiya died before that.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 10:56 AM, belindacarson said:

LL are hardly likely to have sued a TPV creator when they themselves allow, even encourage, alternate viewers.

No, they don't commonly sue TPV, but it is not only possible, but has happened that TPVs have had cease and desist orders due to breaking policy. Apparently you weren't around for the issue with Emerald Viewer, who were taken out of the TPV list for a DDoS attack on a rival site, among other issues surrounding privacy and abuse. 

The information given about Lumiya creator in the support group was that she had moved elsewhere in her RL and was not able to keep up with the viewer development anymore.  And since the viewer is still useable, why would you think that LL would have any issues with it? 

For one, LL was, and supposedly still is, working on an official mobile app for SL. They talked about not wanting a broken or unstable version out, which is probably why you can't find Lumiya on the app store, nor in the active, or subset of officially recognized TPVs. As it is, especially with LL taking it's time to actually roll out the mobile app, it would help for the dev of Lumiya to make code for the mobile app open source so that other devs could fork off it and update the app to modern standards in SL. I suppose the dev could make a mobile dev kit, as long as LL has no issue with the source code being distributed in such a way commercially.  Otherwise, even though its a grey area, anyone interested in reverse engineering how Lumiya works could do that and update things to modern SL specs. For on one hand, the LL source code is free to use, so the question of extracting from, and updating abandonware can be controversial. At the very least, any devs interested in making a TPV based on Lumiya ought to ask the dev about using the code, which would make it much more kosher in the long run. Plus, we could have an updated mobile viewer to use while waiting for LL to finally roll out theirs.