How to get Lumiya 2020

Rob Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Rob Huntsman said:

I installed it from Aptoide, made a YouTube video for anyone else wanting to pick it up. Shame this viewer doesn't have a BoM update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqW_AFIfW6U

the application is not meant to be free just an fyi.   lumiya is no longer on the aptoide marketplace as of typing this and it's confirmed on daniel voyagers blog too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

the application is not meant to be free just an fyi.   lumiya is no longer on the aptoide marketplace as of typing this and it's confirmed on daniel voyagers blog too.

I just checked aptoide my phone its still there, but I'll take down video if your claims be true and it gets removed. Like I said on the other thread, this is just something I saw on reddit when you search for "Clean lumiya download."

Edit: The viewer itself doesn't even have a BoM update, so I don't get why would they sell it now. When BoM avatars look messed up on it.

Edited by Rob Huntsman

1 minute ago, Rob Huntsman said:

I just checked on my phone its still there, but I'll take down video if your claims be true and it gets removed. Like said on the other thread, this is just something I saw on reddit when you search for "Clean lumiya download."

Clean lumiya download, that would be from the creator only and only the official way she's released it.  otherwise,  trusting some one to not tinker with the apk is right up there with me trying to by a cat from used car dealership.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Clean lumiya download, that would be from the creator only and only the official way she's released it.  otherwise,  trusting some one to not tinker with the apk is right up there with me trying to by a cat from used car dealership.

Ok well, I think we both can agree this remain public knowledge until we can get an opinion from a Linden or more official source.  Because I can go ahead and make another video about it still being on aptoide and it wont change anything dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unless you can verify that the Aptoide download was placed there by the actual creator of the App then frankly it is Unofficial and should not be pointed to in the forum.

The only Official source was the Google Play Store. It is no longer there. The application Developer has not updated their website since that time, no update has been released anywhere else.

There is no need whatsoever for a Linden to weigh in on this and the "official source" already weighed in - by not releasing their work elsewhere or providing any updates.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Rob Huntsman said:

I just checked aptoide my phone its still there, but I'll take down video if your claims be true and it gets removed. Like I said on the other thread, this is just something I saw on reddit when you search for "Clean lumiya download."

Edit: The viewer itself doesn't even have a BoM update, so I don't get why would they sell it now. When BoM avatars look messed up on it.

i use it to this day, as do many others, even thought it's gone from the google store

It works 100% fine as a chat client over wifi or mobile data, but just don't expect to be dancing in a conga line.

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
wording.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Unless you can verify that the Aptoide download was placed there by the actual creator of the App then frankly it is Unofficial and should not be pointed to in the forum.

The only Official source was the Google Play Store. It is no longer there. The application Developer has not updated their website since that time, no update has been released anywhere else.

There is no need whatsoever for a Linden to weigh in on this and the "official source" already weighed in - by not releasing their work elsewhere or providing any updates.

that's the risk people take every day using apk from various sites.  if in doubt, don't do it.

but definitely right: you have no idea what's in any apk file downloaded from such sites, and if it's not in the TPV , you use at your own perol.  I got lumiya when it *was* on google play and have used it on every device since.

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk
wording and clarity
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Rob Huntsman said:

Ok well, I think we both can agree this remain public knowledge until we can get an opinion from a Linden or more official source.  Because I can go ahead and make another video about it still being on aptoide and it wont change anything dude.

It's unofficial and people should not take a risk.   since it's not listed here anymore http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory 

then people need to be made aware that it being on aptoide is not by the authors doing,  the author had it on google play, it was not free,  so this is circumventing what the author of the app originally had it placed as.   so telling people where to get it for free and unofficial should not even be a thing on the forums.    I would be livid over it personally if it was my app.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

that's the risk people take every day using apk from various sites.  if in doubt, don't do it

Which utterly misses the entire point of my response: We do not need a Linden to weigh in and the "more official source" has already weighed in - by remaining silent all this time, by not releasing an update of any kind, at all, anywhere and by not updating the website where information concerning Lumiya could be gotten.

There is no "doubt" here - it is what it is.

25 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

It's unofficial and people should not take a risk.   since it's not listed here anymore http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory 

then people need to be made aware that it being on aptoide is not by the authors doing,  the author had it on google play, it was not free,  so this is circumventing what the author of the app originally had it placed as.   so telling people where to get it for free and unofficial should not even be a thing on the forums.    I would be livid over it personally if it was my app.

oof well I wasn't aware they removed it from the third party viewer webpage. Also, with mobile around the corner for beta I'll just take down the video. All I can really do for ya.

7 hours ago, Rob Huntsman said:

oof well I wasn't aware they removed it from the third party viewer webpage. Also, with mobile around the corner for beta I'll just take down the video. All I can really do for ya.

the mobile will be for ios first,  it wont have  3d, it's going to do some basic things.    even when it hits android it;s only going to do a few things.      maybe the lab can open source it?  maybe people can get in and tinker and make it like lumiya was.      but for now, thank you.

Just Fyi, the official website for Lumiya http://www.lumiyaviewer.com/ lists SlideMe as an "official" secondary source for the Lumiya app. It is unfortunately an older version (3.2). Many in the Lumiya group have updated it previously from the aptoide site without issue. The alternative is to transfer the version on one's older phone to any new android mobile device as I have done on a couple in past without issue too.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, PapiG said:

Thank you, read up on the information there. I have the old version I downloaded from Google Play some time back, was thinking there was an update to it since that was a while back.

Lumiya is abandonware. There won't be any new updates.  Pick whatever version you like they are all old from 2017 and back.

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I would not use it for two reasons..It's not being offered by the creator..also as others pointed out it could have been hacked, letting someone will steal your login details.

3rd if people are getting it for free,  they are not getting it the correct way.   I paid for it in 2013.  they can pay for it now.

20 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

I think i got the latest version some time ago, whats v3.4.2
And still searching for a way to extract the APK file to be able to use it on a new android phone. ^^

Version 3.4.2 was the last one provided over Google Playstore and there isn't any other update after that, you can copy the app package by simply using a file manager if your android has root, otherwise a few adb commands will do the job. Have a look at xda-developers and you will learn how it's done or maybe if you ask there someone will guide you.

FgeDnFU.png

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 11/4/2020 at 5:07 AM, Nick0678 said:
Version 3.4.2 was the last one provided over Google Playstore and there isn't any other update after that, you can copy the app package by simply using a file manager if your android has root, otherwise a few adb commands will do the job. Have a look at xda-developers and you will learn how it's done or maybe if you ask there someone will guide you.

FgeDnFU.png

This was actually the last version made available by the creator on her official website and today it only has the banner and no content. She did a great job unfortunately in my opinion Linden Lab must have contributed to the fact that it was removed from the Goole Play Store and the official website is a shame because as they do not have and are not even close to developing an app that is at least just like Lumiya. They should have invested or even bought the project. Anyway at the time it was in the play store I bought it but unfortunately I changed my device and lost it, then I found it on a website and I will leave here the link (https://lumiyapk.loja2.com.br/) for those interested in using it it the apk of the versions of Lumiya I used them myself for a few years and had no problem.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, DCastro Martiel said:

This was actually the last version made available by the creator on her official website and today it only has the banner and no content. She did a great job unfortunately in my opinion Linden Lab must have contributed to the fact that it was removed from the Goole Play Store and the official website is a shame because as they do not have and are not even close to developing an app that is at least just like Lumiya. They should have invested or even bought the project. Anyway at the time it was in the play store I bought it but unfortunately I changed my device and lost it, then I found it on a website and I will leave here the link (https://lumiyapk.loja2.com.br/) for those interested in using it it the apk of the versions of Lumiya I used them myself for a few years and had no problem.

so the creator is out money?   yeah let's not go stealing peoples work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 127 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.