How to get Lumiya 2020

Rob Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The creator has completely disappeared and, due to the circumstances of their disappearance, will likely never return. Their SL account was banned, likely due to payment default. Their account getting banned is why it was removed from the Third Party Viewer list. The creator's disappearance also explains why it was removed from the Google Play Store, because they were not around to accept the new license agreement.

I would share the story behind their disappearance, but it's probably not my place to say.

I'm all for preserving the app files somewhere, but charging money for somebody else's app? That's not cool at all. Especially when the creator can't do anything about it.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Kerra Rhiadra said:

The creator has completely disappeared and, due to the circumstances of their disappearance, will likely never return. Their SL account was banned, likely due to payment default. Their account getting banned is why it was removed from the Third Party Viewer list. The creator's disappearance also explains why it was removed from the Google Play Store, because they were not around to accept the new license agreement.

I would share the story behind their disappearance, but it's probably not my place to say.

I'm all for preserving the app files somewhere, but charging money for somebody else's app? That's not cool at all. Especially when the creator can't do anything about it.

all I'm saying people getting it for free need to stop getting it for free.   charging people is wrong, unless it's the creator charging.   "but but" is what a few of these people in here seem to think "it's abandonware"  I guess I can not make every one see the light on the not downloading of an apk they did not pay for.

• Like 1

Well, at this point it is abandonware. It's been pulled from official sources because the creator is no longer around to maintain it, and as glad as I would be to see them return and people able to support them properly... sadly the odds of that happening are pretty much non-existent due to the circumstances of their disappearance. 

On 1/31/2021 at 6:44 AM, Kerra Rhiadra said:

Well, at this point it is abandonware.  It's been pulled from official sources because the creator is no longer around to maintain it, and as glad as I would be to see them return and people able to support them properly... sadly the odds of that happening are pretty much non-existent due to the circumstances of their disappearance. 

even then people downloading the apk to use without paying for it originally should not be.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

wow im actually impressed that you all are still going on about thisif the creator cared about the app they would update it but if they got banned by sl then they obviously dont and i agree with person who said sl should have bought the apo instead of trying and obviously failing to make one even close to it after how long trying hell they cant even make the dont show demo button work in their Own market place you tick it and still get mostly demos so theres no way they can figure out a viewer close to lumiya the only one close your avatars a grey blob lol i use the free lumiya download with no issues one persons just mad they paid for it and now its free get over it geez

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I paid the original $2.99 for it on Google play store. I had to delete my original copy. To make room for other stuff. &, I've repeated that process several times. A couple of times. Kind folks, have shared their copies, with me. 

On other occasions, in attempts to find a clean link for Lumiya. I've had virus attacks. Many other folks have similar issues. I've been without my last copy, for about 2 months. This last one was extremely suspicious. Because it was 20mb. A normal Lumiya 3.4.2, should be, around 10mb. Does anyone have sober suggestions, as to how I, or anyone else can retrieve it?

On 3/4/2021 at 1:14 PM, kinulpture said:

I paid the original $2.99 for it on Google play store. I had to delete my original copy. To make room for other stuff. &, I've repeated that process several times. A couple of times. Kind folks, have shared their copies, with me. 

On other occasions, in attempts to find a clean link for Lumiya. I've had virus attacks. Many other folks have similar issues. I've been without my last copy, for about 2 months. This last one was extremely suspicious. Because it was 20mb. A normal Lumiya 3.4.2, should be, around 10mb. Does anyone have sober suggestions, as to how I, or anyone else can retrieve it?

there are no legit ways of getting the download as those have gone away.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:56 PM, Kerra Rhiadra said:

Well, by now an official statement about what happened is way more than due, even from the creator themselves or from someone close to them. Whatever happened it would be good to let the community knows, even just a "it cannot continue due RL issues" would be kind and enough. There is no other app able to live by this one (yes there are other apps but meh for sub fees). I know RL can hit and unforeseen stuff can happen, but it would be nice if the app could be passed over to someone else (the creator might even still take profits from it) or go open source (this one would favor the community most than the creator though), then the legacy can continue.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:14 PM, kinulpture said:

(...) This last one was extremely suspicious. Because it was 20mb. A normal Lumiya 3.4.2, should be, around 10mb. (...)

Maybe that download includes the Voice and Cloud plugins? The three apks together come to about 18.6M. If it is just the main app though, yeah, that's not right.

Hmmmm, 

just because someone who produced something doesn't hang out here anymore here, doesn't tell me enough to tell me that legal ownership of that has changed.

I don't need to know their story of why they left, because their story is their own.  I really don't want or need to know.  Respect to them.

That an owner walks away from their asset and don't look at it for years doesn't in any way of itself tell me they are now ok with others taking-and-running with it or that they have relinquished ownership. 

And just because any owner has not surfaced filing suit of thievery for others using it without consent or in ways they do not condone doesn't mean they won't do so tomorrow, and be highly effective potentially at boppin heads legally.

Do I wanna play with that possibility?  No

On 2/22/2021 at 4:14 AM, MrStiffStuff said:

one persons just mad they paid for it and now its free get over it geez

Though that wasn't directed at me, I see it is your first post, so you get a pass on that one.  But, I too paid the huge sum of what was it $2.99 for all their trouble to make it for us, back in the day.  New phone, so I cannot get it legit again.  And I have *no* interest in the risk involved in getting a version any other way but directly from the actual owners.  FTR, I cannot speak for other purchasers of course, but I do not post this because I am jealous I paid the huge amount of $2.99 for it and it is no longer available.  I post this so others reading this might pause before jumping on the install freebie bandwagon, without first thinking through the possible consequences. 

Choosing to respect intellectual property rights is not some holier-than-thou ethical high-horse a few of us ride in on with head tilted back looking down on the rest of the world.  It is supposed to be the law.  

• Thanks 4

Just now, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I guess if the owner of the viewer wanted too,  they know whom purchased it,  when people bought it,   guessing they could cross reference it on their end if they really wanted and start legal actions? 

Without any doubt on my part whatsoever.

And would I be surprised if they are still in SL in some form today, long after whatever fell apart long ago? No

Would I be surprised if they were reading this very thread and seeing intent published? Nope

2 hours ago, Kyrie Deka said:

Without any doubt on my part whatsoever.

And would I be surprised if they are still in SL in some form today, long after whatever fell apart long ago? No

Would I be surprised if they were reading this very thread and seeing intent published? Nope

Google and apple services changed how the payment system and some kind of rule for such apps, so I think it was said the developer was beyond busy with RL and ended up not being able to handle fixing it,  far as I know at some point,  there could be an update for it too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peotyre said:

Hi, the app is not in English, is the creator not native english? I want to get the latest version but I don't recognise the currency

Did you not read the thread? There is no latest version and no legal way to purchase any version.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 7:53 PM, Shadow Siamendes said:

Well, by now an official statement about what happened is way more than due, even from the creator themselves or from someone close to them. Whatever happened it would be good to let the community knows, even just a "it cannot continue due RL issues" would be kind and enough. There is no other app able to live by this one (yes there are other apps but meh for sub fees). I know RL can hit and unforeseen stuff can happen, but it would be nice if the app could be passed over to someone else (the creator might even still take profits from it) or go open source (this one would favor the community most than the creator though), then the legacy can continue.

The creator is no longer around due to RL issues. No, it can't be passed on to someone else for that same reason.

That's as "official" of a statement as you're going to get.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, Lumia was great when it lasted and proved SL in limited but full 3D could run on a phone.. continues to be a shame that LL didn't/couldn't acquire the app to keep it going. As others have said it's not worth the risk trying to get it unless you can really trust the source at this point..

5 hours ago, Zoren Manray said:

Yeah, Lumia was great when it lasted and proved SL in limited but full 3D could run on a phone.. continues to be a shame that LL didn't/couldn't acquire the app to keep it going. As others have said it's not worth the risk trying to get it unless you can really trust the source at this point..

"trusted source"  that would be a source where you paid for it at.  otherwise there are no other sources legally.

9 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

"trusted source"  that would be a source where you paid for it at.  otherwise there are no other sources legally.

Yeah, which would have been google play as I actually did pay for Lumia when it existed. But again as others have said that's not an option either as when it was delisted any further installs were blocked as well. all I was meaning with my comment was lamenting as well that no good mobile client for SL exists now. 

On 6/19/2021 at 6:03 AM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Man, reading your comments on here reminds me of the days of Limewire and Pirate Bay 😂 

3 minutes ago, Chris Nova said:

Man, reading your comments on here reminds me of the days of Limewire and Pirate Bay 😂 

oh I'm guilty of using such services myself back in the day before SL,  but with SL,  I respect it and it's content creators, I've been here 14 years and these creators deserve better than to be ripped off.  

5 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

oh I'm guilty of using such services myself back in the day before SL,  but with SL,  I respect it and it's content creators, I've been here 14 years and these creators deserve better than to be ripped off.  

Yeah I get it. I bought Lumiya too a long time ago. But I feel that if you purchased it, you should be able to download it even from 3rd parties.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.