The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

The standout Saturday Sale offer for me this week is from Pitaya. Items are individually priced from $50 (candles) to $75 (chairs 3 LI; table 4 LI), or the fatpack is available for $500. The decorative door unit (6 LI, $75) might be useful for those of you accustomed to building your own walls. A set of 8 floral 'paintings' is also on sale for $60. From the example, it looks as if they have transparent backgrounds suitable for use as wall murals.  

pitaya1.jpg

pitaya2.jpg

pitaya3.jpg

pitaya4.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Possibly the best deal of the weekend can be found at Scarlet Creative. I have no plans for the even medium-term future to live somewhere other than Bellisseria, but for $75 I couldn't resist buying this house, which is exactly the kind of house I would hope to see here in one of the remaining themes (I know it's too late, but, *hint, hint* to @Patch Linden and the moles ;) ) But the reason I'm mentioning it here is that a fatpack of almost all the furnishings (not the plants, except for one poor example) in the show home is available for $199. Several of the items are too high in LI for what they are, or have poor LODs, but there are enough items I might use to make $199 feel like a real bargain. Note that other than opening/closing doors, the grayish kitchen wall has no animations and no color change - but you can try tinting it. And I think all those shadows are baked onto the dining table :(. But the sofas, fireplaces (there's another one that I forgot to rez), rugs and lamps are worth considering. (Oh, one last thing - if you like the idea of those mismatched kitchen chairs I recommend you go to the Outlet floor at Apple Fall and pick up their collection of much nicer freebies, shown in the last 2 photos. EDIT: And those Apple Fall chairs work very well with the table on sale at Pitaya!) 

scarlet2.jpg

scarlet1a.jpg

scarlet1b.jpg

scarlet1c.jpg

scarlet1d.jpg

scarlet1e.jpg

af.jpg

chairs.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

One last post for now. These aren't strictly decor items, but they are environment/garden-related and I want to share them because they have given me a lot of joy since I purchased them in the last week. TLC sells highly realistic, animated birds of all types (I have their seagull on both my stilt parcels), but their songbirds are especially notable for their incredible detail, their natural (non-loop) sounding songs, and the fact that they're only 1 LI each! You can vary the volume of the sound, and, trust me, it sounds like my actual garden. I've enlarged each of the birds shown (from 2 different packs, $150/pack) slightly, just so I can better enjoy the detail, and they remain at 1 LI. Oh, and each bird has its own song, but the starlings don't sound as annoying as the real ones ;) 

blackbird.jpg

bluetit.jpg

starlings2.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

From Raindale's Flickr page (just copying, I havent been able to check the item inworld)

Raindale - Moonleaf sofa - promo . 75L$ promo for SL HOME DECOR (new weekend sales event!). Remastered copy+ edition of Moonleaf sofas with texture change HUD (10 colours). Limited price till August,30 (80% off) @Raindale mainstore

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hazel%20Woods/156/123/26

51408253416_ca0c015444_c.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

@Frigga FreidmanHello the shadows on the table are baked in but it comes with 3 textures so you can have it plain if you prefer :)
Sorry you thought the plant was a poor example - I do try but learn to improve all the time!! ❤️. That bundle was the last of my "older" stuff and from next week I only have new items PLUS I have since learnt a lot about LODS etc.  

I try to keep things priced for those older items in the Fatpack at the lower price as a result.   

❤️

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

@Frigga FreidmanHello the shadows on the table are baked in but it comes with 3 textures so you can have it plain if you prefer :)
Sorry you thought the plant was a poor example - I do try but learn to improve all the time!! ❤️. That bundle was the last of my "older" stuff and from next week I only have new items PLUS I have since learnt a lot about LODS etc.  

I try to keep things priced for those older items in the Fatpack at the lower price as a result.   

❤️

Hi, Charlotte- I appreciate hearing from you, and offer my apologies for what must have come across as a stinging comment. Not being a creator myself, it is perhaps too easy for me to criticize, but I assure you any criticisms are the result of disappointment rather than an intent to disparage.

To reiterate what I said in my original post, there are definitely enough items I liked included in the fatpack to make it well worth the $199 cost (and I loved the house!) I look forward to seeing your new stuff!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Hi, Charlotte- I appreciate hearing from you, and offer my apologies for what must have come across as a stinging comment. Not being a creator myself, it is perhaps too easy for me to criticize, but I assure you any criticisms are the result of disappointment rather than an intent to disparage.

To reiterate what I said in my original post, there are definitely enough items I liked included in the fatpack to make it well worth the $199 cost (and I loved the house!) I look forward to seeing your new stuff!

Hey no it's honestly fine and not stinging at all - I love the feedback!     If we didn't see constructive stuff we would never improve! ❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Kazza is once again featuring an item from its Tiny House collection for the Happy Weekend sale - this time it's the 13 LI Tiny House 2nd Bed. PG and A together for $60. No texture change, but easy to tint the frame, sheets, duvet cover and pillows. (There does seem to be the remnant of a light baked on shadow at the front of the bed, but I can live with that.) 

kazza.JPG

kazza2.JPG

kazza1.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Muniick has several items on sale this weekend, including this room divider/stool/plant set for what I think is a new weekly event - SL Home Decor Weekend SalePlant and stool 2 LI each, divider 4 LI. Also, chairs and a foot stool that are part of the set that was on sale last week - PG or A, $60 each. (The fire pit set including wooden chairs and small table that has been on sale previously is also priced at $60 for the PG version and $75 for the A. 

mun1.JPG

mun2.JPG

mun3.JPG

• Like 3

These are the items for the first SL Home Decor Weekend Sale - quite a bit worth checking out, but I won't have the time to have a good look. Items will cost $60-$75, and the sale ends on Sunday at 8pm SL time. https://www.imperioussl.com/gallery/?fbclid=IwAR16PDuCjBxMrJcOJEUHuaJY4NgooANU2h639M30yqwXbPhVYdKgeIF8Q4s

I'm hoping that in future weeks the organizers will add the vendors' names more prominently, and include links.

EDIT: If you join the inworld group, all the landmarks are provided in a notecard.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

From Home Decor Weekend sale:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Match/202/80/46

I have lots of kitchen decor but bought this anyway. The ad says 2 Li but it was 3 for me. Maybe it is upscaled from original size.

789385423_ilovecoffee_001.thumb.jpg.5f6a5cbe9ad5e2711aca6b5d49aec81f.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Death Row/115/202/21

This whole set from DRD is a great buy when you look at all you get. But the land impact was disappointing. The table and chairs are 4 Li each, the flower bucket and fountain 7 and 9 Li each.

i love coffee_002.jpg

Edited to add: The flower basket has all textures rezzed, even the grey one. For some reason DRD added grey tint to the flower to the right. Here is how it looks when the grey tint was removed.

Edit 2: As you maybe can see, the flowers cut into each other. I had to move and rotate them. Every single item is separate and the two sunflowers are 2 parts each. No wonder the Li is high. But it is pretty. (Stem and flower are separate)

563187552_ilovecoffee_003.jpg.419b889b7e69e8d37b612e4d5b95fdb0.jpg

I was going to Movement to buy their hair dryer set. I have lots of bath decor, but not a wall hanging set. But I could not teleport there. Maybe region maintenance. The gallery over items did not give me a slurl when I click the image, so I had to use inworld search.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ok, the Movement set is so bad that I will not touch it. ☹️ This is me standing in front of it with LOD factor 4. The stars show the parts that will not rez. They appear when I walk back, but then the black hairs in the brushes is not clear. Totally useless for close images of your bathroom.

1144985738_ilovecoffee_004.jpg.46d629e31f4c151333a60a27289d5a79.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

These are the items for the first SL Home Decor Weekend Sale - quite a bit worth checking out, but I won't have the time to have a good look. Items will cost $60-$75, and the sale ends on Sunday at 8pm SL time. https://www.imperioussl.com/gallery/?fbclid=IwAR16PDuCjBxMrJcOJEUHuaJY4NgooANU2h639M30yqwXbPhVYdKgeIF8Q4s

I'm hoping that in future weeks the organizers will add the vendors' names more prominently, and include links.

EDIT: If you join the inworld group, all the landmarks are provided in a notecard.

Thank you for posting this. I joined the group and got a couple of the sale items. I was gonna post a picture but see someone already beat me to it...

This round was love/hate for me. I just LOVE the  Broken Arrows "I love coffee" kitchen wall plaque. I am always on the lookout for cute wall places for the kitchen and this one is darling cute.

But I was hugely disappointed with the Mintae Midwest sofa. The ad had no LI data, so I went to the store and checked it out. The model was only 3 LI and I thought ... oh great I need a Low LI sofa for my exercise room. (It only had 3 single female sits, but I figured for the low LI that would be fine.) Then when I got it home and rezzed it.. two disappointments.. first it was 13 LI not 3 when rezzed and second, the pillows that go on it are a separate object and add another 2 LI.  So my "low LI sofa" turned out to be 15 LI which I consider on the higher end for a sofa. I am not going to be able to use it and feel that they really should have included the LI in their ad since the model did not represent the real LI.

But I am really glad to know about this new SL Home Decor Weekend sale. I anticipate getting lots of nice goodies over time with it and plan to stay in the group. Thanks again for sharing about this!

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fixed a typo
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

These are the items for the first SL Home Decor Weekend Sale - quite a bit worth checking out, but I won't have the time to have a good look. Items will cost $60-$75,

I saw stuff for that sale while shopping other weekend sales, Price ranged sounds nice but if it's anything like a certain other weekend sale i wouldn't be surprised if almost no one will choose to offer/price match items at the lower end of the range

I just have time to make one more recommendation from this weekend's SL Home Decor Weekend Sale. This plant at Tm: Creation comes with 3 different pot designs, is 2 LI and $75. It's far better in the corner of my kitchen than the smaller 2 LI plant it has replaced. Good at a distance as well! Remember, this sale officially ends tonight at 8pm SLT.

ficus3.JPG

ficus2.JPG

ficus.JPG

• Like 5