British People

English47

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 hours ago, Horus Salubrius said:

Personally I never concern myself with where people are living tho knowing time zones can be important.

At least in UK or European time zones, we are in the same part of the day. I do enjoy meeting people from all over, but for me sleep is important lol :)

5 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

Another Brit here though never been to London City and I'm not British, I'm ENGLISH as born in England as Britain not a country, just saying! :P;) 

Yep English here too :) obviously lol

• Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 1:32 PM, PixieGirrrrl said:

Hahahaha yes! So true!

Harsh! And only partially true ;) . Its wonderful and awful in equal measures. There's 9 million people crammed into this city, some are lovely, others less so! But anywhere with that many people is of course going to be less personable and friendly. You can't nod, smile and say hello to the hundreds of people you encounter on the way to work every morning. 

Nothing harsh about it at all.

Tends to be the view of a lot of people around the UK.

That's the beauty of everyone having their own views ^^

Edited by Adamburp Adamczyk

On 10/16/2020 at 2:30 PM, MrsSeren said:

Another Brit here though never been to London City and I'm not British, I'm ENGLISH as born in England as Britain not a country, just saying! :P;) 

Sure! But England is a part of Britain. It's also a part of Europe! So identifying as English, British or European are all correct ;)

I'm all those things! As well as one of those unfriendly mean Londoners.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

There's a few places I can suggest if you're looking for fellow lockdown inmates 😉

ShenaniganS Music Cafe on Ocean of Orchids - keeps UK hours most week days from 10am SLt - it's a cool place (saying that not just because I'm the owner, folks do like us)

Flamingo Bay - operates most weekdays from 1pm SLt - there's a nice crowd there too

Pandemonium on Sensual Fun - operates weekdays too from 1pm SLt

The Sexy Brit - tends to be weekends but gets a nice crowd too

We're on the grid doing it - in ShenaniganS case this is our 6th year - not taking ourselves too seriously but offering good music & good company. Come have a look round sometime - tea's always mashing!

Welcome to Haunted House 2020.jpg

Edited by Lyndka Cochrane
Typos! Always typo's :(
  • Like 6

I'm English and a live performer in SL, come to any of my shows and you will find a few brits to hang out with and have some fun with too.  But I must say that one of the things I truly adore about SL is that it gives me the opportunity to meet and make friends with peeps that I would never normally meet, from all over the world.  :)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Danielle Aurelia said:

I’m half English does that count? 
Lived in Ipswich for the most part 

Well certainly we're not bothered at ShenaniganS if you're not...

As long as you're not offended by bawdy chat about bodily functions or food in local then you'll feel at home 😆

We don't even check to see if you're wearing underwear! Pop over and have a look sometime - we usually start around 6pm UK time :)

We're having a Halloween party on Friday starting at 6pm - we're drawing a raffle at 8pm with L$1000 cash prize. If you'd like to enter then you need a VIP tag for ShenaniganS, have a Pick for us in your Top 5 Picks and be older than 5 days old.

You can come in your favourite Halloween costume too!

Halloween Raffle 2020 poster.jpg

• Like 2

Hiya,

Londoner, here too - I'm not mean, I'm very friendly (least I think so) ;)

I made an account a few days ago and visited London City, was a little scared to join in as seems lots of people already knew one another quite well, didn't want to intrude by just jumping in and saying "hi".  Anyway, deleted that account and started over, so this is day 1 :) 

Nice to meet you all and yes, the weather, apparently warning of snow now! lol

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gelfling9UK said:

Hiya,

Londoner, here too - I'm not mean, I'm very friendly (least I think so) ;)

I made an account a few days ago and visited London City, was a little scared to join in as seems lots of people already knew one another quite well, didn't want to intrude by just jumping in and saying "hi".  Anyway, deleted that account and started over, so this is day 1 :) 

Nice to meet you all and yes, the weather, apparently warning of snow now! lol

Yeah - some places can seem a little cliquey - more often folks are in IM's with friends & just using the location as rez point to enable that. Try "Search..." there's lots of cool places to find with people that actually to new players :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lyndka Cochrane said:

Yeah - some places can seem a little cliquey - more often folks are in IM's with friends & just using the location as rez point to enable that. Try "Search..." there's lots of cool places to find with people that actually to new players :)

Thanks Lyndka,

Yes, I can imagine that's the case, everyone I've met so far (touch wood) has been friendly and helpful.  I should be more pro-active in greeting I guess; I'm sure that will come in time with getting familiar with the SL world :)

• Like 3

One of my favourite sims of all time was Twisted Wheel on Centurion. AMAZING place, was designed to look like a UK council estate from the 1960s. It had a butchers, a shop selling clothes and scooters, a Northern soul club with DJs every week, a pub (with darts lol) and loads of really small, nice houses. And an underground station B| 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2020 at 3:47 PM, poochbear Fluffpaw said:

Always nice to see British people. I don't see many, but the people I have been from jolly old England are cool. They are everywhere. I found them manily at clubs in SL

English by misfortune of birth but managed to escape in '93. And only to be found 'jolly' in a Hogarth gin print :)

On 8/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

I'm not British, I am scouse ;) but have met many Brits over the years.  At the end of the day I don't really care where anyone comes from as long as we click.  Currently hanging out with a Fin, a kiwi, a sleepy person from the US and waiting on my best friend who is an aussie 

I live on a small island just over yonder in the middle of the ocean xD so im not British either but im close! xD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.