Are massive amounts of breedables allowed in Linden Homes?

Fay Starlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Do you want to Rez massive amounts of breedables in a Linden Home? Or have you seen massive amounts of breedables in a Linden Home? They can be AR'd under disturbing the peace excessive scripted objects if they are effecting region performance. 

I have none, I am thinking I saw a bunch---I am relogging to double check my computer isn't going daft on me! LOL

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's clearly yes it's allowed to have a few animals
and in fact a bit strange as other lag causing and annoyances are hardly handled on.

It's the cold hard stare of a herd of horses crammed into a house which gets to people. You could start another thread if you want to raise awareness of other more hidden problems? It might be useful.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

It's the cold hard stare of a herd of horses crammed into a house which gets to people. You could start another thread if you want to raise awareness of other more hidden problems? It might be useful.

didn't see anyone about a house full.. we'r all saying a few are allowed ..

i don't feel the need to "raise awareness" at useless subjects concerning these things at all.

7 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

didn't see anyone about a house full.. we'r all saying a few are allowed ..

i don't feel the need to "raise awareness" at useless subjects concerning these things at all.

I was referring to an old thread which you maybe missed, when the topic first arose. A belli resident posted pictures of the interior of her neighbours house, which was filled wall to wall with horses. One of the moles, maybe Abnor or Quartz said that this could be reported as a resource hog. I guess this covers the situation 'massive amounts of breedables?'

I can't understand your second sentence, what are the useless subjects? Maybe you meant other things which may use up a regions resources, I don't think it's a waste of time to raise awareness of those, sometimes it is lack of knowledge which leads to issues.

16 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

One of the moles, maybe Abnor or Quartz said that this could be reported as a resource hog.

schoolponies1.thumb.jpg.a942a0581c5b0f839fd572116423c0bb.jpg

They do consume resources.

(These ponies are at a California riding school. Most summers, these ponies are busy doing riding camps for teenage girls. This summer, they're not doing much.)

• Like 3

• Moles

Remember in Bellisseria you are sharing a region with as many as two dozen other residents. Therefore, I highly advise against "massive" amounts of breedables in your Linden Home. Is it forbidden in the Covenant? No, but just because something isn't addressed specifically in the Covenant don't always assume it gives you free rein*, especially if it is a really bad idea where consideration for your neighbors is concerned. I mean, if you WANT essentially all breedables (which would likely end up including scripted pets) regulated by the Covenant, by all means start huge breeding farms with a mess of hovertext and "massive" numbers of breedables hopping about your parcel. I don't think you'll like what the resulting decisions on the future of breedables in Bellisseria would end up being though. Be smart, use common sense, think about your neighbors and everyone can have nice things. 😁

* (pun intended)

TLDR: Linden Homes is residential. It is not suited to large scale breeding farms. Just because you can to something doesn't mean you should. If it becomes enough of a problem, the Covenant can be updated to address it. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

TLDR: Linden Homes is residential. It is not suited to large scale breeding farms. Just because you can to something doesn't mean you should. If it becomes enough of a problem, the Covenant can be updated to address it. 

In the words of Dr. Ian Malcolm:
tenor.gif.6373a22d0350f165445f2f4a23575310.gif

I couldn't resist, @Abnor Mole 😄

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

For the record I  personally have zero breedables...I was asking this because I have/had a neighbor with a bunch, LOL.

I wanted to know if I should report them, but I didn't want to if they were not breaking any rules. 

o.O

The lag from them is noticible, and I was not the only one that noticed it~~~

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fay Starlight said:

the lag from them is noticible,

often breedables  "just" eat the script time and the real lag comes from textures loading from your own and other parcels. In spite of many pages of advices and complaints, the use of 1024 textures is still common... and tbh.. also the LH and landscaping isn't render friendly.

• Like 2

(I think I may have posted something similar before, but my memory is... bad)

Hopefully this won't be a detrimental thing to enable nosiness, but if you click on any parcel's about land you can get this info. Maybe it will help you keep your own place in check too :)

Under 10,000 kb is optimal, over 20,000 is bad. I'm just putting this here because if someone thinks a person with breedables is causing region lag, they can easily have a look. Fact is, each breedable might have less scripting than a sofa.. The issue is if they have movement on, or worse yet, are wandering and causing collisions.

The example is from my fully furnished cabin parcel.

aboutland.png

about land2.png

Edited by Morena Tully
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for the info Morena 

One thing... One of my parcels shows each item and how much it weighs! The rest, like your example above, don't. I don't think detailed display is related to script weight since they are all about the same.

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn on full parcel script details?

! script info1.png

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes

19 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

One thing... One of my parcels shows each item and how much it weighs! The rest, like your example above, don't. I don't think detailed display is related to script weight since they are all about the same.

Does anybody know if there is a way to turn on full parcel script details?

The owner of the parcel will always see details. My example was on a parcel that's actually owned by an alt. It won't matter what group settings are, if you don't own the parcel, you'll only get the basic info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.