What Does Your Avatar Look Like Now?

Saravendi

On 1/23/2024 at 5:13 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Back in September I posted about my efforts to recreate Frigga's system avi facial features (on the left) - particularly her nose, inspired by Barbra Steisand's - with the newly-released Senra Jamie head (middle) ... and lamented that she looked more like Bob Hope than Barbra. Since then I've had a go with the LeLutka Noel head (on the right) but wasn't at all happy with the result (though I had successes with other avi's, posted in the LeLutka Christmas gift thread). So, I tried a couple of demo's at LeLutka, and wound up buying the Zora head. I'm very pleased with the result, so once again a thank you to the Moles, because without the introduction to mesh heads and bodies with Senra, I doubt I would have taken a step in that direction!

bobhopePLUSNOEL.jpg

forumFRIGGAZORA.jpg

Great!

How long did it take to get the head like that-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChandraKusari said:

Great!

How long did it take to get the head like that-

Thanks! About 15 minutes. (I'd already worked on 4 or 5 alts, so had figured my way around the LeLutka basics and knew what bits were modifiable via the basic EDIT SHAPE sliders with the non-system heads. What took the time was swapping out 4 different heads to find one that gave me the profile I wanted.)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Imogen Bloodrose said:

I noticed girls tend to build their avatars better then the men.

I mean if you are 5000 or 6000 days old and still have the same body and stuff... why bother?

Just my little opinion

I suppose that all depends on where you are at.  Aside from one or two, the men at places I frequent are all up to date and well-dressed.  YMMV but overall, I think men are doing a great job.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

I suppose that all depends on where you are at.  Aside from one or two, the men at places I frequent are all up to date and well-dressed.  YMMV but overall, I think men are doing a great job.

I roam all over SL from Gor to Urban to Cyberpunk and all inbetween.

A few places where men are actually men and look like men.

I have to admit, i do like a realistic looking avatar meaning if you play an older gent and the avatar looks like a 25 year old Adonis.. i don't know lol

I do have to say.. i have seen some absolutely stunning avatars and i do compliment those people.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Imogen Bloodrose said:

I mean if you are 5000 or 6000 days old and still have the same body and stuff... why bother?

Just my little opinion

Not everybody is in SL to be a part of the Barbie World II side of the platform.
I dress decently, but not according the latest fashion, because I'm interested in other parts of SL.
And I'm 66 years in RL already with the same body..... :D

To be honest in most 'fashion' that is popular now for men, I would not even want to be found dead in.
Pants as if everyone has an erection all the time. Jackets that are at least one size too small, shirts like if a man can't button up his clothes correctly, hair cuts as if ones youngest kid gave it a go this morning.... no thanks.

But that is all just my 2 cents as counter weight.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 8:29 AM, Imogen Bloodrose said:

Just my little opinion

The pinhead shapes would send me howlin' every time.

• Like 1