Things I'm kinda glad about

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, Gatogateau said:

I'm kinda glad about getting partnered to a wonderful man, who oddly, is sometimes a dinkie kitty. Who would walk around SL as a cat?

He IS wonderful, and was the one who saw the little devil in me and gifted me the avatar most people know me as (I did accessorize).

I'm thrilled for both of you!

I'm kind of glad I took a break from mmos and ended up booted from that discord.

(I know, not really something people relate to on here, and you won't know anything about the people I'm talking about, but at least pretend like you get it. I need to get it off my chest)

I"m someone who generally doesn't make friends because my brain doesn't really view other people in a positive light. people activate my fight or flight instincts and thats not something anyone can really fix. but I got into a discord and it was sorta okay at first. I did enjoy having people to talk to, but I'm also not someone who likes to make fun of people "in a friendly way" or "rib" them, and I don't like when people do it to me either. in my eyes insults should be saved for when you're upset at someone. but they really didn't respect that. ever. and there where times I got serious vibes that I couldn't really trust what they where saying to me. it all ended when they pressured me into joining a raid and I felt like I had to go because my partner was and she might think I'm a coward if I didn't. It *****ed up my anxiety for weeks. (I don't like raiding. I'm a wow vet and I've had too many toxic experiences and too many guilds blowing up because of raid drama for it to be an enjoyable experience for me.)

So I ended up slowly taking a break from the game, eventually having no choice because I was sick. I've just been writing my book and chugging back green tea. its done wonders for my nerves. no longer do I have to worry about having my gear numbers judged over my skill, no longer do I have to worry about the bull***** stereotypes that get thrown at me because of my chosen race/main class. I would like to go back soon, but I doubt I'll find any more friends and I end up wanting to throw hands with half my healers so... sigh.

thats not to say I don't love playing the game or enjoy my time. (FFXIV) it just seems the people surrounding the game are starting to become less friendly due to all the people crossing over from wow/archage/bns and other games with less than stellar communities. I hope wows new xpac fixes whatever they're angry at wow about so they can all just go back and the community can return to the way it used to be.

• Like 3

On 7/2/2020 at 12:06 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I am sooooooooooooo jealous, but happy for you.

Thanks, I can hardly believe it's true. Spent yesterday and today trying to survive turning in my work monitor that I was using for my home PC.  It seems that my old monitor (the smaller one) doesn't have the right kind of plug to hookup to my computer which was upgraded without testing that.  Took two trips to the PC components store, where I splurged and bought a bigger monitor which turned out to have only the old blue VGA plugs as well. returned that and bought an even bigger monitor which has the HDMI plugs I needed. But I got to tell every one I met in my travels that I am retired which was fun.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.pwftegh5Uk6S1nxfA8xUrQHaE8%26pid%3DApi&f=1

• Like 7

So for the last 3 weeks I thought I had lost my phone inside the house.  I’ve flipped over furniture, dug thru garbage, bit my tongue when in frustration I wanted to blame others for its disappearance.  I wasn’t to upset for the phone itself, but rather the case I spent way too much on rhinestones & crystals to make by hand.

Flash forward to today & hubby thought to call walmart to see if it was there. Pffffffft uh why?  I know I brought it home.

it was at customer service & had been there.  Since I left it in my shopping cart. 
Needless to say I was very relieved I did mind my manners & didn’t accuse anyone of having lost it for me.  Now it’s back & charging :)

I

C9D5692F-651E-4273-8035-BFEB11984936.jpeg

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 1:22 PM, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Is it for sightseeing?  Or moving?  Do you get to stop at any neat tourist spots on the way?

Moving there.  So far Murphys law has been very  active,  but it's ok, we are not on a strict time table.  We've made it to Utah and we're staying an extra day cuz reasons 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.