Things I'm kinda glad about

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I went out the house for the first time in 14 weeks yesterday.  It was glorious.  Sunshine, countryside and birdsong.  Then returned home to an email from school saying my son had been singled out for special praise for the homeschooling work he has been submitting.  Proud mum :D I am glad I bought him a new bike last week which he finally got to use last night.  After all that time stuck within the same 4 walls, it was a little daunting to leave and I almost chickened out.

• Like 11

was listening to Damien Rice on utube and saw this in the comments and it resonated.

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

was listening to Damien Rice on utube and saw this in the comments and it resonated.

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.

Odd. He's never met me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Odd. He's never met me.

He didn't say it, someone put it in the comments, so more about him - i did a search on the phrase, found it in a couple of quotes sites, attributed to anonymous, so maybe anonymous met you.

8 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

He didn't say it, someone put it in the comments, so more about him - i did a search on the phrase, found it in a couple of quotes sites, attributed to anonymous, so maybe anonymous met you.

I tend to use "he" when I don't know the gender of the person I'm speaking about. Old habits die hard. So the "he" I referred to wasn't Damien, just so you know.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I tend to use "he" when I don't know the gender of the person I'm speaking about. Old habits die hard. So the "he" I referred to wasn't Damien, just so you know.

Ah.  I wasn't sure, thanks.  Words are such an imperfect way of communicating, it's no wonder the world is such a mess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Ah.  I wasn't sure, thanks.  Words are such an imperfect way of communicating, it's no wonder the world is such a mess.

It's a large part of it, yes. That and the fact that the majority of people only hear without ever listening. Even when they do listen they refuse to see.

We live in a world of cruelty and greed masquerading as concern for preserving life and liberty.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Big news!  I am officially retiring as of July 2, 2020.  and moving to the east coast of the USA right after.

I'm so glad I hit the forum just now and caught this. Kali!!!!!! That is amazing! That is wonderful! I'm sooooo happy for you! My god, that's not very far down the road! When things happen for you they happen fast! You go girl. IM sometime so we can get caught up. :::hugs:::  

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm posting as Gato, contact Seicher! :D  so confusing

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 2

Might as well post if I'm here. :)  I'm kinda glad about getting partnered to a wonderful man, who oddly, is sometimes a dinkie kitty. Who would walk around SL as a cat? So weird...

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm posting as Gato. Seicher got partnered, not the cat. :D so confusing

ETA2: A picture of our cute selves

image.png.b056a7a3379bd398628edea0032e1fc3.png

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Might as well post if I'm here. :)  I'm kinda glad about getting partnered to a wonderful man, who oddly, is sometimes a dinkie kitty. Who would walk around SL as a cat? So weird...

ETA: Oh yeah, I'm posting as Gato. Seicher got partnered, not the cat. :D so confusing

f9a63e412b8ba433238ed6f6e75cb4c1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1)I m kinda glad about that i have progress to see if guy really likes you, or it s just a words. Because when dude says he likes you and then mostly busy,ignoring nothing will even start:)

yes,i failed with love-romance again, but a day still bright and life still goes on.

2) I m happy my wifey-boss- best friend Booty is always with me and always ready ti support me in any silly thing i m sad about. 

3)I m happy that i feel good about slowly stop posting here much. 

Edited by Panteleeva
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

so happy for you Seicher/Gigi! That's just wonderful news.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1376 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.