Things I'm kinda glad about

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am grateful for arnica gel and for the good friend in SL who recommended it. My aching right hand is still achy but on the "tolerable" end of the discomfort scale.  In these days of coronavirus and social unrest, I'm glad that sore joints are the worst things I have to complain about personally.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Sorry I'm late here. Nobody ever told you the pillow trick?....When needing to cough, place a pillow over your wounded area and pull hard towards yourself...and cough! This usually a 'torso' trick so if your wound is elsewhere ...probably won't work. 

Yes, I've been using a pillow, as the incision is  down the centre, almost from breastbone to pubic bone, with a little jog around the belly button. It still hurts like hell, as does sneezing (allergies), and laughing. And standing. And sitting. And lying down. Well, coughing, sneezing, and laughing hurt like hell.  Standing, sitting, and lying down are just bloody uncomfortable.

• Sad 4

Oddly, today I'm grateful for finding my blasted alarm clock which had somehow gone missing in a small apartment when I haven't gone anywhere. It is an odd thing to lose, and an odd thing to want, but I'm trying to get my sleep schedule back on track and that's a start.

I haven't owned a tv in about ten years and it hasn't been too bad because you can stream just about anything these days. ♥

• Like 4

Every Christmas I buy an interesting bottle of something alcoholic then forget about it, but I leaned into a corner of the kitchen and discovered Bailey's Chocolat Luxe, mostly unused.  So, while everyone is outside roasting I shall be in my interior dimness getting loose and cool while watching YouTube videos about all things Goth (its algorithm has gone oddly specific, and all I did was look up Die Fledermaus).

Anyway, cheers!

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Glad for everything really :)

SL was the second online forum I ever became a member of. ☺️

I think being "glad to be here" constitutes legal cause for your immediate comittal to the nearest sanitorium! We should all just take ourselves there on the bus and make a party of it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/31/2020 at 12:34 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Every Christmas I buy an interesting bottle of something alcoholic then forget about it, but I leaned into a corner of the kitchen and discovered Bailey's Chocolat Luxe, mostly unused.  So, while everyone is outside roasting I shall be in my interior dimness getting loose and cool while watching YouTube videos about all things Goth (its algorithm has gone oddly specific, and all I did was look up Die Fledermaus).

Anyway, cheers!

This just reminded me of the character Die Fledermaus in the 90s animated show "The Tick."  That was a great show, and Die Fledermaus was hilarious!

• Like 1

I have a fantastic friend in RL that I met in SL. He's been figuratively by my side for something like nine years. I love that he totally doesn't sugar coat things, like today about something he told me I was right about something, really right, but also stupid. I'll own that and having someone you can rely on for that stuff in your life is rare and precious.

• Like 2

I'm more grateful than ever for my Bellisserria houseboat home. I log in, turn the sun setting to midnight, watch the water rippling, and listen to the waves crashing and seagulls squawking. It's such a relaxing scene that I find myself immersed in it for minutes at a time.

I'm grateful to LL and all the SL creators who have made this experience possible.

I'm grateful for meditation, which helps my mind make a little sense out of what seems like a crazy world.

As frustrating as they can be, I'm grateful for Zoom, FaceTime, texting, emailing, and actually using the phone as a phone (gasp!) to speak to people, let them know I care, and stay connected.

I'm grateful for alcohol, weed, and other relaxants that help us cope.

I'm grateful for quarantining, because there's NO WAY I want anyone to see all the damn stress-eating weight I've put on 🙂

Waiomao at Honolulu, Retrograde 21_002b.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Waiomao said:

I'm more grateful than ever for my Bellisserria houseboat home. I log in, turn the sun setting to midnight, watch the water rippling, and listen to the waves crashing and seagulls squawking. It's such a relaxing scene that I find myself immersed in it for minutes at a time.

I'm grateful to LL and all the SL creators who have made this experience possible.

I'm grateful for meditation, which helps my mind make a little sense out of what seems like a crazy world.

As frustrating as they can be, I'm grateful for Zoom, FaceTime, texting, emailing, and actually using the phone as a phone (gasp!) to speak to people, let them know I care, and stay connected.

I'm grateful for alcohol, weed, and other relaxants that help us cope.

I'm grateful for quarantining, because there's NO WAY I want anyone to see all the damn stress-eating weight I've put on 🙂

Waiomao at Honolulu, Retrograde 21_002b.jpg

I love it when it rains in the front yard but not in the back yard. ;)

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I love it when it rains in the front yard but not in the back yard. 

heh heh heh me too Selene; it's like walking under the edge of a cloud. This was intentional though - I love a rainy beach. In Honolulu it rains every morning for several hours, before burning off in the sun. "A few windward and mauka showers" is in the forecast every damn day, it means showers and mist on the east coast and central mountains of Oahu. This rainy beach is something like home :-)

I did try placing the rain emitter over the house too, but it insists that I have an invisible leaky roof. Hmmm, a nice wet living room? I tried placing it higher up in the sky, but the rainfall is "jagged" and stops at a variety of heights. So, rain on the beach it is.

• Like 3

The smell of newly wet earth, like today when the parched earth got wet for the first time in nearly a month.

Strawberry jam. Clotted cream........

Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens...........

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

The smell of newly wet earth, like today when the parched earth got wet for the first time in nearly a month.

Strawberry jam. Clotted cream........

Raindrops on Roses and whiskers on kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens...........

These are a few of my favorite things.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 3

I'm glad that my $200+ order is finally moving in transit again after having been stationed in another country for nearly a month and a half. I thought about cancelling it several times but I knew I would have less to no lucky finding the items locally either, so finally my patience paid off. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.