Edit: Looking for spiritual practitioners interested in connecting with other practitioners (e.g. creativity, witchcraft, magic(k), art, divination, intention, and many more options)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I don't know much about Wicca, so I'm very open to correction. My understanding is that its followers believe an energy runs through everything on earth, including people, and the "spells" are about channelling that energy, perhaps through visualisation and meditation, for desirable outcomes rather than hocus-pocus, laws-of-physics-impossible stuff. Actually I thought they usually spelled it "magick" to differentiate it from that.

My reply was written when the original post ended at the bit I quoted, so they were looking for people who could manipulate atoms by spelling words correctly to create things and demons were involved somewhere. That's a confused sort of Hollywood rather than something people are doing.

I'm not Wiccan, so I can't say exactly what they believe, but they're not creating objects with atoms in the manner originally suggested. My form of witchcraft doesn't either. I'd have my own region by now if I could create piles of money by thinking about it.

It makes more sense that creation was not generating things from atoms with the power of thought like a magical Star Trek replicator, but instead things like art and sewing... but the post did not say that when I responded. It likely wouldn't say that now if the confusion hadn't been pointed out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I'm really not interested in debating you and your views

Honestly, you could have just written that instead.

I would submit that "An Ye Harm None" is basically quite a pernicious creed.

Essentially, it leaves it to the individual to conceive of what is "harm" to another in a subjective way. There is no 10 commandments or any kind of restraint to suggest what harm in fact *is*.

This is like comparing apples with oranges. The concept of Free Will, and the consequences of the decisions we make at the cusp of every moment where our lifepaths might diverge, whether calculated or intuited, with or without guidance or experience, is a central element of every religion or philosophy with which we as a species have sought to understand ourselves in relation to our environment (Nature), social structures, and the Divine, without exception. Anyone who has looked their concept of 'God' in the eye, or has been dependent on their surroundings for survival, will know this is the only way it can be.

We all have Pagan ancestors, also without exception, and we all have the Free Will to learn from our awareness of them, or not.

An it harm none x

Edited by LexxiXhan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

Essentially, it leaves it to the individual to conceive of what is "harm" to another in a subjective way. There is no 10 commandments or any kind of restraint to suggest what harm in fact *is*.

This is like comparing apples with oranges. The concept of Free Will, and the consequences of the decisions we make at the cusp of every moment where our lifepaths might diverge, whether calculated or intuited, with or without guidance or experience, is a central element of every religion or philosophy with which we as a species have sought to understand ourselves in relation to our environment (Nature), social structures, and the Divine, without exception. Anyone who has looked their concept of 'God' in the eye, or has been dependent on their surroundings for survival, will know this is the only way it can be.

We all have Pagan ancestors, also without exception, and we all have the Free Will to learn from our awareness of them, or not.

Oh LexxiGirl, if only I could write as well as you do.

You don't mind if I call you 'girl' do you?     :)      * LexxiWoman just sounded funny...

Edited by Luna Bliss

I'm not an expert on this topic and I'm a Catholic, so it's not my belief system, but I put out areas with this theme for tenants and visitors in the land preserve and I follow some of the things like "Belane" and "Imbolc" which are interesting and which evolved into modern-day religious feast days.

I recall there used to be several covens that had stores and communities and such that are gone now. But there some left which I have included in my list of Sacred Places in SL. 

Here are some places which I have included and when I have gone to look at books in the library, etc. the people seemed friendly:

Wiccan Library

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/witchfest/84/143/707

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/witchfest/86/112/701

Wiccan Info

There's a beautiful sim called Witch Wood whose owner Cerdwin Flanagan sadly just died in Second Life, it likely won't be open for long but perhaps you will make a connection there.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/witchfest/86/112/701

I imagine as with everything else in SL, there are likely warring factions of witches, weekend witches that hard-core witches don't like, etc. etc. but as in RL you will have to find your way. 

Thank you for this, Prokofy.

Blessed Be 🦋🌿

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JenniferWind said:

Should consider looking into Freyja Norling shes very smart, or Lady of the labyrinth @Luna Bliss

Thanks...will check them out.

I listened to quite a bit of music and did some reading as well. Some of the music sounds similar to aboriginal peoples in Canada and further north...the throat singing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Oh LexxiGirl, if only I could write as well as you do.

I've had good 'teachers'.

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You don't mind if I call you 'girl' do you?

Seeing as I've been called 'dudette' by my friend Beth's daughter, yes that would be perfectly acceptable. Thank you.

39 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

Honestly, you could have just written that instead.

An it harm none x

I wrote of my lack of interest in debating Luna Bliss because of a long history of debating fruitlessly with her. It's not about somehow not being able to take in "some other point of view". But part of the freedom of debate that we supposedly cherish is that I get to not have her point of view -- or yours. Because I find them flawed, sad, and even destructive. And that's ok. Not everyone in the wiccan thing is a follower of Crowley or a slavish indoctrinator etc. People do their own thing. But this silly "An it harm none" in its faux olde language written in fact by people who didn't speak even in 1904 in this "ye olde" language is indicative -- it's fake, it's meant to pretend to hark back to the ancients but it doesn't. And PS your friend Alistair had only half of this creed to start with -- "Do what you will". 

Free Will is decidedly NOT part of the canon of the world's many religions and you have only to look at the belief in "karma" and "reincarnation" which is WILDLY popular and widespread to grasp that basic truth. 

But again, it's hopeless to try to parse these things with people already firmly convinced that "An ye harm none" is some kind of wondrous thing. It's not. I'm here to explain that and will go on explaining it, preferably on my blog, to those still making up their minds and willing to hear different things. In fact the Crowlians don't invoke any special relationship with Nature to justify their view but would rather badger others about their supposed repressed and oppressive views. It gets old.

We don't all have pagan ancestors as some people have no idea what paganism is and have little understanding of religions at all. A person in another thread conceded they had never heard of the Hand of Fatima or the Eye of Horus as the background to the Second Life logo, for example. That is, you can posit that sure, this or that culture in the main formally has "pagan ancestors" like the figure of Bridget in Ireland but it's another thing whether the humans of today have any education in these beliefs.

"An ye harm none" -- dress it up as ye will in Nature loving or even just appreciation and pretend that's the motivation for it, and not hedonism and selfishness -- has done an awful lot of harm, and PS doesn't even stand up to scientific scrutiny, for those inclined to invoke Science rather than Nature. 

In the context of Second Life, "An ye harm none" has done more to destroy relationships and people's psyches than not, and there are few practitioners of it that actually prove it has any value. The good that they did and were and are sprang from other sources. 

I loved the idea of witches, Wicca, magic ever since I was a little girl. I read everything I could find about it. As a teenager and into my 20s I dabbled in all kinds of new age cults and practices.  It was a lot of fun.  I still read tarot cards on special occasions.  Sadly, I've never seen any evidence to make me believe that any of it was more than wishful thinking.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

We don't all have pagan ancestors

Without our Pagan ancestors, no matter how distant in the past, and the means by which they survived and learnt and conceptualised Nature and Divinity, none of us would be here living and breathing now, or typing on the internet, for that matter.

I shall have to wish you good night, Prokofy, I have a lot to think, or dream, about tonight 🦋

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I loved the idea of witches, Wicca, magic ever since I was a little girl. I read everything I could find about it. As a teenager and into my 20s I dabbled in all kinds of new age cults and practices.  It was a lot of fun.  I still read tarot cards on special occasions.  Sadly, I've never seen any evidence to make me believe that any of it was more than wishful thinking.

I have been reading the tarot for over 30 years.  I have several of the card suits tattoos, including a VERY meaningful tower card.  a week before my husband passed away that card kept coming up in my daily readings. I use a dragon deck. I did not pay attention , if I had I would have know that his death was the catastrophic event the cards were warning me about. This lower arm tattoo is to remind me to never dismiss the cards when they are trying to tell me something. I also have an empress, page of cups, The Sun card and I am working on getting a 2 of swords and the star.  This arm is a sleeve where I have a crystal ball...  I would also not lump witchcraft, divination or paganism as a cult.

I personally feel that magic is all around us and you do not have to be a witch to see it, just open minded and allow yourself to accept it.

78932471_10157429081827928_6972271323586232320_o.jpg

Edited by Tarina Sewell
cause i often forget stuff
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

"An ye harm none" -- dress it up as ye will in Nature loving or even just appreciation and pretend that's the motivation for it, and not hedonism and selfishness -- has done an awful lot of harm, and PS doesn't even stand up to scientific scrutiny, for those inclined to invoke Science rather than Nature. 

In the context of Second Life, "An ye harm none" has done more to destroy relationships and people's psyches than not, and there are few practitioners of it that actually prove it has any value. The good that they did and were and are sprang from other sources. 

There are so many ways to the Center, and the only way that is the WRONG way, is the way that says it's the ONLY way.
Believing you have the ONLY way while telling others they are bad or don't matter, Prokofy, is disgusting.

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
59 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

...because of a long history of debating fruitlessly with her.

Prok, we have found some common ground.

...extends online branch...

Joining with others as a way to trash others.... well it's what I've come to expect from you.    Junior High all over.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

the catastrophic event the cards were warning me about

I had a tarot reading some 15 years ago, telling me about future events, that was so accurate I still get shivers thinking about it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I had a tarot reading some 15 years ago, telling me about future events, that was so accurate I still get shivers thinking about it.

Sometimes they are way off, but usually that is because the questions is not clear or the person asking is in such confusion the cards will reflect that confusion. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.