Edit: Looking for spiritual practitioners interested in connecting with other practitioners (e.g. creativity, witchcraft, magic(k), art, divination, intention, and many more options)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, KasiaAleksa said:

A request from OP:

A lot of people seem to think this thread was intended to debate, be polemic and to argue why their own brand of spirituality is the best or their own take on it is the best.

None of that was what I intended this thread to be about.

Especially belittling other people's perspectives.

So please start a new thread if that's what you are interested in.

Please post here if you are discussing how people interested in spiritual practice can connect on SL.

I encourage a diversity of perspectives. I discourage hijacking this thread for promotion of personal beliefs.

Also, I'm interested in those who are interested in magic/spiritual practice as it relates to social change/collective consciousness/social justice. Didn't mention that in first post, and can't edit now.

I'm sorry to put this so bluntly but there really isn't a better way to say it. You're wasting your time. The world already went to hell in a handbasket. In 1492. Thanks Columbus.

A request from OP:

A lot of people seem to think this thread was intended to debate, be polemic and to argue why their own brand of spirituality is the best or their own take on it is the best.

None of that was what I intended this thread to be about.

Especially belittling other people's perspectives.

So please start a new thread if that's what you are interested in.

Please post here if you are discussing how people interested in spiritual practice can connect on SL.

I encourage a diversity of perspectives. I discourage hijacking this thread for promotion of personal beliefs.

Your thread is in the GENERAL DISCUSSION area of the Forums though.  I requested your thread by moved to the MAKE FRIENDS section of the forum.  However, there aren't too many moderators available on the weekend so you may have to be patient about a move to the MAKE FRIENDS section of the Forum.   I think you would find those with common interests as yours far better in the MAKE FRIENDS section of the forum.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

As far as your whole OP, this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION part of the Second Life forums. 

Yep, if it's in this area we HAVE to discuss it.  It is our MISSION round here....    :)     Truth awaits, in every thread.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

But Wicca is not witches though.  It is the belief in benevolent magic.  Some call it white magic.  The black magic is what supposedly characterizes the stereotypical witches from Halloween.  So, Wiccans really are different in that their "calling" is based around good.   How Wicca got thought to be classified as witchcraft is probably based on a general fear and/or dislike of women in general throughout history.  As far as Wicca, I experience the presence of "life" and find peace through nature much of the time. 

It's a long, convoluted story.  But I can tell you the anger rises when I see someone associate it with some creep, as if said creep determines something I found beautiful, empowering, life-affirming.  I remember the feasts with loved ones as the seasons changed, the full-moon dances where female power was encouraged as a way to influence ourselves and the world to become a more nurturing place (as opposed to a world focused on competition and conquering).  And the rituals done alone, in front of personal altars representing aspects of reality we'd like to manifest in our lives -- very life-changing, very empowering.

"She changes everything she touches and, everything she touches changes".   A line from a common wiccan song, used to help us remember that we can indeed change to the good this crazy world we frequently find ourselves in.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.