Edit: Looking for spiritual practitioners interested in connecting with other practitioners (e.g. creativity, witchcraft, magic(k), art, divination, intention, and many more options)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been to a few festivals and outdoor events with a strong Wiccan or pagan influence. They seem like nice people, the focus on earth and nature is attractive and I'm not aware of any mass persecutions carried out in its name.

18 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I've been to a few festivals and outdoor events with a strong Wiccan or pagan influence. They seem like nice people, the focus on earth and nature is attractive and I'm not aware of any mass persecutions carried out in its name.

Have you?  No doubt in England there's an abundance of Wicca & Paganism.

Yes alternative spiritual practices do seem to be more accepted these days. It's interesting to read about previous persecutions of women in old times, herbalists & midwives, when physicians became prominent and wanted to dominate the field. While Wicca proper began in modern times it has it's roots in these practices of old.

I used to be into Wicca but Yoga meditation is my preferred path these days.

I do like their main motto, and it  really is the same as the path of meditation - going deeper within oneself to affect change:

Dion Fortune is attributed the saying: "Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will."

Edited by Luna Bliss

I didn't read the TL;DR edit (again) to the original post, but I do wish the OP would stop changing the content of what we have all been replying to. Stop editing and put your updates in separate comments, please! It's bad form to keep editing like that, and the teeny font you are now using is unreadable.

Luckily the forum software will put a stop to it soon enough.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I used to be into Wicca but Yoga meditation is my preferred path these days.

I do like their main motto, and it  really is the same as the path of meditation - going deeper within oneself to affect change:

Dion Fortune is attributed the saying: "Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will."

The Wiccan Rede is "An' it harm none, do what ye will."

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

The Wiccan Rede

(Full Version)

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name, let love and light be our guides again.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
Widdershins go when the moon doth wane, and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.

When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.

Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's insight.
Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.

As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
When the time for Imbolc shows, watch for flowers through the snows.

When the wheel begins to turn, soon the Beltane fires will burn.
As the wheel turns to Lamas, night power is brought to magick rite.

Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
When the wheel has turned to Yule, light the log the Horned One rules.

In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
When the Sun has reached it's height, time for Oak and Holly to fight.

Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.

Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.

Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:
"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KasiaAleksa said:

Original message:

Hey

I'm a witch, energy witch, like everyone is I think but anyway. I'm looking for witches who know they are witches. Not people who are role-playing. 

But people who wish to create spells for maximum effect. Let me know in forum inworld or in private message where you are

Xo 

Edit for clarity:

I should have been more clear about things I guess when I wrote.

Clarity is important, so here goes.

The existence of atoms and blablabla seems to be very flexible.

I'm looking to connect with beings who are interested in using words as spells that are spelled with the spelling they use.

The linguistic root of magic is 'to be able', I'm looking for people who are looking to utilise that which they are able to do in creative ways.

Interested to connect with those who are interested in being conscious creators with their reality using their own form of magic (witchcraft [experimental or traditional], art, connection to Source, anything).

I'm interested in those who are looking to use their own form of magic for the highest individual and collective good, but that can, of course, also include daemons.

Private message or message in world if interested.

oX

Edit #2 for expanding on the sort of connections I am looking to make:

The edit for 'clarity' was a little tongue in cheek.

I'll try again..

I'm inviting to connect with me people who are spiritual practitioners of any kind and/or those who use forms of divination, a cultural/traditional/inherited magic(k)al practice, an experimental art form, dance, kindness, writing, automatic writing, meditation, card-reading, crystal work, philosophy, astral projection, spells (in the magical exaggerated sense of spellcasting, or in the simple sense of words being 'spelled' a certain way with letters), music-making, textile work, basically anything,

anything that has some kind of intention for creation rooted in some kind of spiritual perspective is what interests me at the moment.

The fact that I am being so vague is because I don't personally prescribe to a particular tradition of spiritual practice, and I know that there is a large variety of ways to have that kind of connection to Spirit/non-physical/etc. worlds.

I know personally, for me, that there is a connection to the forces outside of me, whether I see that as scientifically with the forces of nature/physics/e.g. gravity etc., or more esoterically with the way that vibrations of thought and feeling could potentially be linked to these forces of nature, or other forces like social, interpersonal, intrapersonal, etc.

I'm not talking about movie-style superpowers in the Hollywood sense per se, but I do think that those representations are exaggerations based on some truths such as seeing the future as the power of meditative foresight, or telekenises as the potential to be guided by intuition to move quickly towards a destination. Just my opinion, just a potential, just an analysis.

The way I see these things will probably change for me in the future, but it is something that I think has a potential for interesting exploration in the simulation-reality of Second Life and its relationship to the simulation-reality of Social Life.

Obviously these perspectives are quite out there, and I am still learning how to express these things.

Ultimately I am interested in fun, playfulness, wellbeing, health, joy, smiles, connection, experimentation.

I'm not an expert on this topic and I'm a Catholic, so it's not my belief system, but I put out areas with this theme for tenants and visitors in the land preserve and I follow some of the things like "Belane" and "Imbolc" which are interesting and which evolved into modern-day religious feast days.

I recall there used to be several covens that had stores and communities and such that are gone now. But there some left which I have included in my list of Sacred Places in SL. 

Here are some places which I have included and when I have gone to look at books in the library, etc. the people seemed friendly:

Wiccan Library

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/witchfest/84/143/707

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/witchfest/86/112/701

Wiccan Info

There's a beautiful sim called Witch Wood whose owner Cerdwin Flanagan sadly just died in Second Life, it likely won't be open for long but perhaps you will make a connection there.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/witchfest/86/112/701

I imagine as with everything else in SL, there are likely warring factions of witches, weekend witches that hard-core witches don't like, etc. etc. but as in RL you will have to find your way. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The Wiccan Rede

(Full Version)

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
Honor the Old Ones in deed and name, let love and light be our guides again.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
Widdershins go when the moon doth wane, and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.

When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.

Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's insight.
Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.

As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
When the time for Imbolc shows, watch for flowers through the snows.

When the wheel begins to turn, soon the Beltane fires will burn.
As the wheel turns to Lamas, night power is brought to magick rite.

Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
When the wheel has turned to Yule, light the log the Horned One rules.

In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
When the Sun has reached it's height, time for Oak and Holly to fight.

Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.

Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.

Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.

It's useful to compare and contrast "An Ye Harm None, Do What You Will," which I think pretty much starts in the modern era with Alistair Crowley (1904) and isn't any kind of ancient thing but someone will  know -- with the surely more ancient idea of "Do until others as you would have them do unto you".

I would submit that "An Ye Harm None" is basically quite a pernicious creed.

Essentially, it leaves it to the individual to conceive of what is "harm" to another in a subjective way. There is no 10 commandments or any kind of restraint to suggest what harm in fact *is*.

So it's basically a creed of hedonism and "Anything Goes" and like Dostoyevsky's "Without God, All is permitted," which I also translate as "Without God, anything goes". So I personally don't think it's the lovely thing many others do and it's important to debate it. That's what freedom of religion or belief (which includes freedom *not* to believe) is all about.

When you get to decide what harm is, and let yourself off the hook accordingly, the results can be harmful. Why do you get to do "what ye will" when it might actually be harmful to another and even to yourself? Who says? Why is this a good thing?

By contrast the Christian creed of "Do until others what you would have them do unto you" conceives of a world of real reciprocity, where you don't just imagine what a harm might be and give yourself an excuse that maybe, oh, calling 911 on a black man in Central Park who was out bird-watching and who happened to tell you to leash your dog is "not harm" -- when it fact it was, and ultimately proved harmful to that person to have done that. You don't imagine "harm" in a vacuum as it applies to another whom you ultimately don't care about; you imagine it as what could be done to you and then it becomes more real and practical -- and frankly, more of a deterrent.

"Do until others..." means that you actually have to envision how that thing you are doing will feel on your own skin, and how it will rebound. You wouldn't like it if someone dropped a dime on the cops on you for nothing, yet you did it to another person...

So I just prefer it as an idea for community rather than Alistair's heedless hedonism, which I find reprehensible.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1

OP, I hope you find connections here in SL. It's a worthy goal!  I've run across so many groups the last 15 years plus, and am always amazed that whatever is in RL turns up here in SL.

I do like the Wicca-Psychology connections this article empahsizes:

The Art of Changing Consciousness.

In the war letters Dion Fortune makes three statements:
1.  “It is the aim of both psychotherapy and initiation to bring about harmonisation between consciousness and sub-consciousness.  Both methods of dealing with the human mind depend for their results on the same factor- the resources made available to the personality when this unification takes place. Initiation differs from psychoanalysis in that it carries the process a stage further and unites subconsciousness with cosmic consciousness; save for this, the two methods have more in common than either of them realises.”
2. “The powers of the macrocosm can only function in the world of men through the medium of men’s souls…through them the cosmic powers work.”
3. It is necessary to have a working knowledge of both psychology and the mysteries.  

http://dionfortune.co.uk/articles/art-of-changing-consciousness

1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

It's useful to compare and contrast "An Ye Harm None, Do What You Will," which I think pretty much starts in the modern era with Alistair Crowley (1904) and isn't any kind of ancient thing but someone will  know -- with the surely more ancient idea of "Do until others as you would have them do unto you".

I would submit that "An Ye Harm None" is basically quite a pernicious creed.

Essentially, it leaves it to the individual to conceive of what is "harm" to another in a subjective way. There is no 10 commandments or any kind of restraint to suggest what harm in fact *is*.

So it's basically a creed of hedonism and "Anything Goes" and like Dostoyevsky's "Without God, All is permitted," which I also translate as "Without God, anything goes". So I personally don't think it's the lovely thing many others do and it's important to debate it. That's what freedom of religion or belief (which includes freedom *not* to believe) is all about.

When you get to decide what harm is, and let yourself off the hook accordingly, the results can be harmful. Why do you get to do "what ye will" when it might actually be harmful to another and even to yourself? Who says? Why is this a good thing?

By contrast the Christian creed of "Do until others what you would have them do unto you" conceives of a world of real reciprocity, where you don't just imagine what a harm might be and give yourself an excuse that maybe, oh, calling 911 on a black man in Central Park who was out bird-watching and who happened to tell you to leash your dog is "not harm" -- when it fact it was, and ultimately proved harmful to that person to have done that. You don't imagine "harm" in a vacuum as it applies to another whom you ultimately don't care about; you imagine it as what could be done to you and then it becomes more real and practical -- and frankly, more of a deterrent.

"Do until others..." means that you actually have to envision how that thing you are doing will feel on your own skin, and how it will rebound. You wouldn't like it if someone dropped a dime on the cops on you for nothing, yet you did it to another person...

So I just prefer it as an idea for community rather than Alistair's heedless hedonism, which I find reprehensible.

I don't agree with your assessment. I mean it COULD leave the issue of 'harm' open to being distorted by an individual, used for selfish purposes.  But the guidance ideally comes from a connection to nature vs commandments that I believe were actually written by man and not God (my belief here, and I understand you differ).  I don't trust much of what man decides as truth, but I do trust the reality we are all embedded in, from whence we came - nature.

Through an increasing connection to nature, and how it operates, one learns what true love is.  

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I don't agree with your assessment. I mean it COULD leave the issue of 'harm' open to being distorted by an individual, used for selfish purposes.  But the guidance ideally comes from a connection to nature vs commandments that I believe were actually written by man and not God (my belief here, and I understand you differ).  I don't trust many of what man decides as truth, but I do trust the reality we are all embedded in, from whence we came - nature.

Through an increasing connection to nature, and how it operates, one learns what true love is.  

Of course you don't agree with my assessment because it's your belief system. But I don't think you should get to proselytize these beliefs without debate in the forums so I provide a counterweight. They aren't "the truth" and the interpretation is entirely subjective on your part and others. Crowley is the sort of vile creature who would be the subject of a massive #MeToo campaign in our day and age so I don't feel I need to do any genuflecting here.

The "connection to Nature" is very hazy stuff and nothing clear and concise like the 10 Commandments, like them or not. Who gets to decide what Nature is? I wouldn't want that to be you or anybody. This subjective context of "nature" can be understood in so many ways that again, it gives anyone an excuse to say "if it feels good, do it," based entirely on hedonism, not self-restraint or self-sacrifice for the good of others or the community.

You're welcome to denounce the 10 Commandments as "not really from God" although for centuries millions of people in multiple religions have believed and acted otherwise, unlike the very new neo-pagans of today who would like to overturn human experience. Regardless of whether there are grounds to believe that God really gave the commandments, they stand on their own. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbour". If the Karen in Central Park had a little better upbringing and a little more religious and spiritual upbringing, I might add, she might have thought twice of calling 911 and lying hysterically about what her neighbour was doing. If you think "Thou shalt not covet they neighbour's wife" is archaic or patriarchal or blah blah, that's fine, but in general, there's less heartbreak all along when you don't desire another person's partner. These are values that have stood the test of time. If you think "taking the name of the Lord in vain" is utterly old-fashioned and pointless and stupid, that's fine, but it's a higher notion perhaps beyond your ken about the system of values above humans.

I could hug a tree all day and not be any closer to knowing what "true love" is, nor would you if you are honest. I'm really not interested in debating you and your views as they are known, you're always going to disagree, you are not persuaded otherwise and it's not worth my time. I put down a marker for those exploring, thinking, willing to consider that they ought not to base their young and vulnerable lives on the notions of this creepy Brit of the last century.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

3 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Of course you don't agree with my assessment because it's your belief system. But I don't think you should get to proselytize these beliefs without debate in the forums so I provide a counterweight. They aren't "the truth" and the interpretation is entirely subjective on your part and others. Crowley is the sort of vile creature who would be the subject of a massive #MeToo campaign in our day and age so I don't feel I need to do any genuflecting here.

The "connection to Nature" is very hazy stuff and nothing clear and concise like the 10 Commandments, like them or not. Who gets to decide what Nature is? I wouldn't want that to be you or anybody. This subjective context of "nature" can be understood in so many ways that again, it gives anyone an excuse to say "if it feels good, so it," based entirely on hedonism, not self-restraint or self-sacrifice for the good of others or the community.

I could hug a tree all day and not be any closer to knowing what "true love" is, nor would you if you are honest. I'm really not interested in debating you and your views as they are known, you're always going to disagree, you are not persuaded otherwise and it's not worth my time. I put down a marker for those exploring, thinking, willing to consider that they ought not to base their young and vulnerable lives on the notions of this creepy Brit of the last century.

I don't like Crowley AT ALL...he's creepy.

I don't mind at all if you want to debate nature religions, and of course what I believe at any particular time feels like the truth to me, for me.

It would take a long time to connect how knowing nature at a deeper level causes one to know love, but it's waaaay more complicated than 'hugging a tree".

Ultimately, what one has to do is pick a path the feels right for them, that guides them into feeling more love in this world we are all a part of.  There is no 'one true way'.

47 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You're welcome to denounce the 10 Commandments as "not really from God" although for centuries millions of people in multiple religions have believed and acted otherwise, unlike the very new neo-pagans of today who would like to overturn human experience. Regardless of whether there are grounds to believe that God really gave the commandments, they stand on their own. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbour". If the Karen in Central Park had a little better upbringing and a little more religious and spiritual upbringing, I might add, she might have thought twice of calling 911 and lying hysterically about what her neighbour was doing. If you think "Thou shalt not covet they neighbour's wife" is archaic or patriarchal or blah blah, that's fine, but in general, there's less heartbreak all along when you don't desire another person's partner. These are values that have stood the test of time. If you think "taking the name of the Lord in vain" is utterly old-fashioned and pointless and stupid, that's fine, but it's a higher notion perhaps beyond your ken about the system of values above humans.

I believe Christ existed, and that he rose from the dead. 

Christian mysticism is great...it's the distorted religions that place too much importance in following 'laws' I don't agree with. Each person needs to develop their own personal relationship with 'the big picture', that which is beyond our ego selves. In Wiccan practice one sits at their altar and tries to know truth, much as the way Christian mystics meditate.

Sure, there are commandments I agree with, but there are some unbelievably strange ones.

BTW, didn't Christ come to rid us of the old law in the old testament, and encourage a personal relationship with God?

“Where once I prayed for forgiveness from a father God who held up huge palms and said “Thou shalt not,” now I find peace with a sister god who takes my open hands in hers and says, “You will.” -- Betsy Cornwell

Betsy Cornwell reminds us that while there is a father in the universe there is also a feminine form of divinity that is just as capable of being tapped into. One that is nurturing and healing and not forcing us to behave a certain way.

Edited by Luna Bliss

36 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

The "connection to Nature" is very hazy stuff and nothing clear and concise like the 10 Commandments, like them or not. Who gets to decide what Nature is? I wouldn't want that to be you or anybody. This subjective context of "nature" can be understood in so many ways that again, it gives anyone an excuse to say "if it feels good, do it," based entirely on hedonism, not self-restraint or self-sacrifice for the good of others or the community.

Many Native Americans had/have a nature-based form of spirituality.  And I can't think of anything more central to those beliefs than "self-sacrifice for the good of others and the community".  Basically, in many tribes if everybody didn't get to eat then nobody did.  They did not believe the Earth could be 'owned'  so that profits could be made via exploitation of others, as we do today. Earth was a gift given to all. I don't think you could find a philosophy more thankful and appreciative.  True love.

If we believed we were part of an ecosystem and so must live within the laws of nature, instead of attempting to dominate parts of nature, we would not be in this mess which grows stronger every day (climate chaos).

Edited by Luna Bliss

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

This actually inspired me to do some research on witches and so on. Apparently there are some in my local area and they'll perform love spells for me at £25 a pop. Wealth spells are a bit dearer, which actually makes sense.

But are they successful?  If she’s not diving a Mercedes...😉

I’d buy a wealth spell from a witch who drove a Mercedes. *nods*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JenniferWind said:

Im interested. 

a Fellow witch into the Nordic lifestyle

I like your name with its nature element.  Is one reason why I chose my name so many years ago....Luna (Moon) Bliss.

Blessed Be (or so they frequently say in my neck of the woods).

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

As a practising pagan with a background in Wicca for many years.... I think I am gonna leave this thread WELL alone.

giphy.gif

If OP is interested in contacting me he may do so by private message here or in-world IM.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JenniferWind said:

a Fellow witch into the Nordic lifestyle

Is there more of a shamanistic bent in Nordic versions?  I was researching Shamanism in your area awhile back (the Sami people).

It's interesting that (according to some scholars) both Yoga and Earth-based spiritual practices such as Wicca have Shamanism as their root.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

As a practising pagan with a background in Wicca for many years.... I think I am gonna leave this thread WELL alone.

giphy.gif

If OP is interested in contacting me he may do so by private message here or in-world IM.

Stealing your gif

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

giphy.gif

I hope my posts have made it clear that I've no disrespect for the faith, indeed I like the sound of it more than several others. The spells for sale in my local area just made me chuckle a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.