Edit: Looking for spiritual practitioners interested in connecting with other practitioners (e.g. creativity, witchcraft, magic(k), art, divination, intention, and many more options)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

52 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:
1 hour ago, Prokofy Neva said:

We don't all have pagan ancestors

Without our Pagan ancestors, no matter how distant in the past, and the means by which they survived and learnt and conceptualised Nature and Divinity, none of us would be here living and breathing now, or typing on the internet, for that matter.

Yes indeed, we all descend from aboriginals who practiced shamanism.

What saddens me is all the people who never go deeper in their practice, whatever it may be, because they encountered others who were just 'playing around', or 'dabbling', and so believe that's all there is to the path.

In the beginning any path can be just a fad, something to do that's different when one is bored. It's only by doing the VERY hard work and going deeper, making that strong commitment, when you finally get to see the main benefits.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Umm, do you have Luna on ignore? I was referring to what she said. 

Actually, I just went back and read it all.. I do not see any "trash" I see a nice debated conversation with level heads and counterpoints.. I see people have a lovely conversation.. So, I am honestly confused why you choose to interject with your comment about trash.  Also, I find Luna delightful.

Edited by Tarina Sewell
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Actually, I just went back and read it all.. I do not see any "trash" I see a nice debated conversation with level heads and counterpoints.. I see people have a lovely conversation.. So, I am honestly confused why you choose to interject with your comment about trash.  Also, I find Luna delightful.

The good news is that I wasn't talking to you, so you can stay confused I guess. 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Trying to imagine a church that encompasses this..lol.

You must be a solo practitioner...

I am..

Upon further reflection, I remember attending Wiccan full-moon dances at our local Unitarian Church.  I'm sure the more academic types, and some Christians, thought we were off our rocker, but they accepted us.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Actually, I just went back and read it all.. I do not see any "trash" I see a nice debated conversation with level heads and counterpoints.. I see people have a lovely conversation.. So, I am honestly confused why you choose to interject with your comment about trash. 

I didn't have time earlier to go back and read the thread to you, but I have time now, and will do so, although I don't really feel I should have to explain what is right there in plain sight. However, since you say you went back and still could not find what I was referring to, here you go. Please note the last excerpt where "trash" is indeed mentioned. My comment was referring to THAT. 

Now, I am done explaining myself. It seems awfully clear to me what I was referring to, but oh well! 🤷‍♀️

2 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I wrote of my lack of interest in debating Luna Bliss because of a long history of debating fruitlessly with her. 

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

Prok, we have found some common ground.

...extends online branch...

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

Joining with others as a way to trash others.... well it's what I've come to expect from you.    Junior High all over.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Still waiting on that money spell..... 😁

I always considered myself a Christian witch.. 

I won't have to wait too much longer for my money spell.

(To all you others in the collective unconscious: It's my turn!!)236259818_powerball-Copy.thumb.PNG.53779ff945c0b38cfe4001525ef8f983.PNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A request from OP:

A lot of people seem to think this thread was intended to debate, be polemic and to argue why their own brand of spirituality is the best or their own take on it is the best.

None of that was what I intended this thread to be about.

Especially belittling other people's perspectives.

So please start a new thread if that's what you are interested in.

Please post here if you are discussing how people interested in spiritual practice can connect on SL.

I encourage a diversity of perspectives. I discourage hijacking this thread for promotion of personal beliefs.

I'm a lazy-ass witch. I visualize, I go to hotspots and make offerings to the moon. Beyond that -I let go and let Goddess. 

Experience has taught me that's for the best.

But best of luck to you!

Edited by Han Held

On 5/28/2020 at 3:48 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

But this silly "An it harm none" in its faux olde language written in fact by people who didn't speak even in 1904 in this "ye olde" language is indicative -- it's fake, it's meant to pretend to hark back to the ancients but it doesn't. And PS your friend Alistair had only half of this creed to start with -- "Do what you will". 

"And harm ye none" is fake, and was concieved to make "do what thou wilt" more politically correct. 

Given that Crowley was a rapist, a wife-beater and a drug addict that's probably not a bad thing; but it is still fake none-the-less.

On 5/28/2020 at 5:07 PM, kali Wylder said:

I loved the idea of witches, Wicca, magic ever since I was a little girl. I read everything I could find about it. As a teenager and into my 20s I dabbled in all kinds of new age cults and practices.  It was a lot of fun.  I still read tarot cards on special occasions.  Sadly, I've never seen any evidence to make me believe that any of it was more than wishful thinking.

But Wicca is not witches though.  It is the belief in benevolent magic.  Some call it white magic.  The black magic is what supposedly characterizes the stereotypical witches from Halloween.  So, Wiccans really are different in that their "calling" is based around good.   How Wicca got thought to be classified as witchcraft is probably based on a general fear and/or dislike of women in general throughout history.  As far as Wicca, I experience the presence of "life" and find peace through nature much of the time.  But, when nature causes a devastation like a tornado for example, I'm scared of nature sometimes.   Tarot cards I believe also comes from Gypsies.  

This is just an FYI post with my opinion as I see it, not directed at Kali's post really.  

Benevolence:  desire to do good to others; goodwill; charitableness:to be filled with benevolence toward one's fellow creatures.
an act of kindness; a charitable gift.

Wicca:
(sometimes initial capital letter) a nature-oriented religion having rituals and practices derived from pre-Christian religious beliefs and typically incorporating modern witchcraft of a benevolent kind.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Edit:  I wanted to add, you can see this "good" witch "bad" witch played out in "The Wizard of Oz".  The early black magic witches were also the ones who had the knowledge of poison and were often called on by people to try to poison evil people in control who were killing innocents.  Wicca was not involved in the poisoning of Kings or Queens though.  Black magic really involved poison.  

White Magic vs. Black Magic[edit]

Pagans believe that Black Magic seeks the selfish advancement of an individual. In its most hateful aspect, it is vindictive and destructive.They believe that White Magic pursues the ethics of kindness and goodness. It represents the self effacement of the will of the individual toward acquisition of glory and power.[4]

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 10:24 AM, KasiaAleksa said:

Original message:

Hey

I'm a witch, energy witch, like everyone is I think but anyway. I'm looking for witches who know they are witches. Not people who are role-playing. 

But people who wish to create spells for maximum effect. Let me know in forum inworld or in private message where you are

Xo 

Edit for clarity:

I should have been more clear about things I guess when I wrote.

Clarity is important, so here goes.

The existence of atoms and blablabla seems to be very flexible.

I'm looking to connect with beings who are interested in using words as spells that are spelled with the spelling they use.

The linguistic root of magic is 'to be able', I'm looking for people who are looking to utilise that which they are able to do in creative ways.

Interested to connect with those who are interested in being conscious creators with their reality using their own form of magic (witchcraft [experimental or traditional], art, connection to Source, anything).

I'm interested in those who are looking to use their own form of magic for the highest individual and collective good, but that can, of course, also include daemons.

Private message or message in world if interested.

oX

Edit #2 for expanding on the sort of connections I am looking to make:

The edit for 'clarity' was a little tongue in cheek.

I'll try again..

I'm inviting to connect with me people who are spiritual practitioners of any kind and/or those who use forms of divination, a cultural/traditional/inherited magic(k)al practice, an experimental art form, dance, kindness, writing, automatic writing, meditation, card-reading, crystal work, philosophy, astral projection, spells (in the magical exaggerated sense of spellcasting, or in the simple sense of words being 'spelled' a certain way with letters), music-making, textile work, basically anything,

anything that has some kind of intention for creation rooted in some kind of spiritual perspective is what interests me at the moment.

The fact that I am being so vague is because I don't personally prescribe to a particular tradition of spiritual practice, and I know that there is a large variety of ways to have that kind of connection to Spirit/non-physical/etc. worlds.

I know personally, for me, that there is a connection to the forces outside of me, whether I see that as scientifically with the forces of nature/physics/e.g. gravity etc., or more esoterically with the way that vibrations of thought and feeling could potentially be linked to these forces of nature, or other forces like social, interpersonal, intrapersonal, etc.

I'm not talking about movie-style superpowers in the Hollywood sense per se, but I do think that those representations are exaggerations based on some truths such as seeing the future as the power of meditative foresight, or telekenises as the potential to be guided by intuition to move quickly towards a destination. Just my opinion, just a potential, just an analysis.

The way I see these things will probably change for me in the future, but it is something that I think has a potential for interesting exploration in the simulation-reality of Second Life and its relationship to the simulation-reality of Social Life.

Obviously these perspectives are quite out there, and I am still learning how to express these things.

Ultimately I am interested in fun, playfulness, wellbeing, health, joy, smiles, connection, experimentation.

As far as your whole OP, this is the GENERAL DISCUSSION part of the Second Life forums.  You would be better served to have your OP placed (moved) to the MAKE FRIENDS section of the forums.   

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1417 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.