LEGACY CLASSIC free body bom skin finger & toe fix?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sorry if this has been asked already...

I am now today using the LEGACY CLASSIC FREE body they are giving away free.  I'm using BOM on entire body. 

I have 2 questions. 

1.  Is there a free or cheaper BOM skin that will fit this free body and bom GENUS head?

2.  I'm using a BOM skin right now I love.  Its perfect.  But...  Didn't I hear that is a fix for the BOM skin on the fingers and toes?  The fingers and toes are white.  

Thank you u all ahead of time.  Be safe

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Meredith8888 said:

I am now today using the LEGACY CLASSIC FREE body they are giving away free.  I'm using BOM on entire body. 

I have 2 questions. 

1.  Is there a free or cheaper BOM skin that will fit this free body and bom GENUS head?

2.  I'm using a BOM skin right now I love.  Its perfect.  But...  Didn't I hear that is a fix for the BOM skin on the fingers and toes?  The fingers and toes are white.  

there is a free fix on MP.  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=G&search[keywords]=bom+fix

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Meredith8888 said:

It's not going to be much help but one of my alts has Genus + the new free TMP classic and uses a very old skin that works very well with both, tone 01 in the old TMP used to be the closest match but i found with the right neck size in the Classic HUD it's a near perfect fit with Genus though there is a neck fix in a variety of shades in the HUD that as far as i can fathom can't be removed once applied. The Genus HUD has a neck fix too for different bodies you just need to add the neck fix and pick the tone closest to the skin you are using. if you are looking to try a new skin there's several free for https://www.thestayathomeclubsl.com/appearance of those available the one i liked least on Genus was from Stargazer because of the eye makeup on it you can't really use something to cover it with out being left with a weird looking black halo

• Like 1

I'm not using the legacy body (even "free" is too expensive for me to suffer that dreadful shopping experience) but I do use Genus and my Pink Fuel classic skins work very nicely with it. They are pre-BOM so you need those finger/toe fixes, but they are only L$150 each and come with a bunch of good cosmetics too, as well as face add-ons like freckles, Asian eyelids etc. Available only in the mainstore, in the Classic section.  There are also a variety of body add-ons at L$100 each, including clevage enhancers and dehancers, toned body, even male chest options.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 deadly s[k]ins has a free gift for the stay at home club and their skin fits the genus head pretty well. it comes with eyebrows tho, which is a downside, but not too much. you can also get this body tint https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shiny-Stuffs-Bomtastic-Body-Tints-GIFT/18726738 which I use when I like a skin but I only have it in one shade. Make sure that the tint is the first layer and everything else is on top of it. WoW skins also has a stay at home gift and several other free skins but hmm... I would not recommend lol

The store RITUAL has a free gift for their free-join group which is BOM compatible and works fine with genus. The downside is that they're fantasy skins and so the tone is a bit greyish, but I use the tint I mentioned above to make them look human and they work fine for me. They even have some elf ears if you want xD

if the toes are white you need to tint the layer to match your skin tone. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:

(even "free" is too expensive for me to suffer that dreadful shopping experience)

The new free body is almost as bad as the shopping experience you need media enabled to access BoM and the skins, i can't see any of the customisation's for the in house TMP clothes in the HUD (i think someone else said they came up) and not all the old in house TMP stuff that was given away free works with the new body. plus the mesh appears broken below the left knee nice obvious circular gap around the calf. i can tolerate it for the particular alt but i would not ditch my Maitreya for it 

19 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The new free body is almost as bad as the shopping experience you need media enabled to access BoM and the skins

That sounds extremely suspect to me. I wonder what they are really doing.

And the rest sounds awful too. There are other free bodies available that don't have breaks and gaps in them.

• Like 3

I remember the old shopping experience, but it is nothing like it now.

Of course the region is packed. I used the free TP hammer from The Black Forest. Since it need a landmark to work, it was fine for me to join the Meshbody group and get the LM from there. Some waiting while I was reading a book and glanced at the screen. Landing in the middle of orange mist and loading avatars, I clicked world and show only my friends. All avatars disappeared. (I use Firestorm) Then click on male to get to the male body, land in that room and buy the body for 1 L.

No shopping HUD. That one was bad in the old days. It is nothing to be upset over that they want you to join the group. It is a common demand, the group is free, just leave it after.

No need to have media on in the Meshbody region. Turn it on in your home while you set up the body. If you use only BoM, you do not need it more. The alpha cut part of the HUD does not need media. Change feet height does not need media.

I think it works quite well as BoM. Not so good that I will ditch my Maitreya, but perfect for an alt. My alt has no previous clothes, so that's not an issue for me. The body comes with a foot deformer. That is just another word for take off the feet and replace them with feet that can use Maitreya shoes. Disclaimer: Some is not working so well, but 9 of 10 Maitreya shoes worked.

It is a good freebie.

EDIT: I have not experimented with the male, to see if he can use Slink or other shoes with the deformer.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2

It is actually 2 bodies. One is the Stay at Home gift. You pay the sign 1 L and Meshbody returns it to you.

The other sign says free, and it is also pay 1 L. But you do not get your 1 L back. The 1 L body is identical to the 0 L body - but it has a tinting HUD too. So you can tint the skin and/or layers. I have not bothered with it. But I found it worth 1 L, just in case.

Yes, I know, trust the former TMP to do it their way with 2 bodies that are almost identical. At least they are free + dollarbie.

Edited by Marianne Little

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The new free body is almost as bad as the shopping experience you need media enabled to access BoM and the skins, i can't see any of the customisation's for the in house TMP clothes in the HUD (i think someone else said they came up) and not all the old in house TMP stuff that was given away free works with the new body. plus the mesh appears broken below the left knee nice obvious circular gap around the calf. i can tolerate it for the particular alt but i would not ditch my Maitreya for it 

Oh that's quite a gap below the left knee - I can't now unsee it !

I am pleased I found the foot deformer so I can wear my SLink shoes still. Finding a BOM fix for hands and toes was a challenge - finally managed with a Sweet's BOM fix for the toe and League for the finger nails. They both had to be tinted slightly - which was hard because the whole upper torso remained blurred while I was in appearance.

One of my pet peeves is when things are called FREE that are actually L$1 which isn't returned. I was happy to pay it BUT the PRINCIPLE....!! If I'd known in advance both bodies were the same I could have saved L$1! Hahaha.

• Like 1

Free skin, no fix for fingers/toe needed. It is, however, from Revoul and group isn't free right now. There are MANY places you can get free skins tho. 7DS was mentioned earlier in post. i highly recommend.  If you don't like 7DS you can find some here free https://www.thestayathomeclubsl.com/appearance

Just need to keep your eyes open and do a little search on FB, Flcrk Free inworld groups etc

524152415311.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

It is actually 2 bodies. One is the Stay at Home gift. You pay the sign 1 L and Meshbody returns it to you.

The other sign says free, and it is also pay 1 L. But you do not get your 1 L back. The 1 L body is identical to the 0 L body - but it has a tinting HUD too. So you can tint the skin and/or layers. I have not bothered with it. But I found it worth 1 L, just in case.

Yes, I know, trust the former TMP to do it their way with 2 bodies that are almost identical. At least they are free + dollarbie.

to be fair to them both bodies were free up until something weird happened on the sim and they needed to move. I was literally there when it happened lol I was forced tped out and the region was closed for a bit. Then the body was put up as one linden. But my alt got both for free.

The reason I wanted to get the version with the advanced mesh editor is because I couldn't figure out how (the hud is a sluggish nightmare) to increase the glossiness, so I'm assuming it only has that one type, and the advanced material hud does allow you to increase that as much as you want (im shine obsessed... lol). Plus put custom textures, if you make those/have them. But I do agree that there was no need to have a version without it. It's ONE hud. That basically tints stuff. Just give out the full version... smh

I found that the deformer works fine with Slink shoes. Maitreya you might need to increase (a lot) the size of your feet to fit.

Overall I commend them for giving out a fully functional free body 'cause I sure as heck would never expect THEM to be giving out anything, specially for free. I had to pay to get a demo of legacy. You can imagine. But alas they did, and they're the only ones who did. Giving credit where credit is due. Along with Genus, I find that very commendable.

7 hours ago, Maitimo said:
7 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The new free body is almost as bad as the shopping experience you need media enabled to access BoM and the skins

That sounds extremely suspect to me. I wonder what they are really doing.

From a thread when the new Legacy came out it said the first Legacy bodies could only work with Media Enabled.  As this is an older body, that would be how it would work.

I'm not really interested in trying it...it doesn't have enough options for me.

I'm staying with Maitreya Lara.  Plus Maitreya Lara has about 600,000 less triangles than the Legacy BOM.  I wonder how many triangles are in the Classic Mesh Body?  I'm not going to get the free one so I won't know but just remember a lot of triangles like this is going to cause you way more lag if the Classic Mesh Body is way up there in crazy triangle land as it's Legacy Mesh Body is.

I wish LL would come out with starter mesh avatars so we could have a knowledge of a basic spec when looking for a computer that is truly capable of running these high triangle objects.  

• 2 weeks later...

I did some looks using the male Classic Meshbody. For those of use that are used to spend some money in SL, it may be difficult to remember that when we first entered this virtual word, we weren't all that quick with whipping out the credit card (or Paypal account). If find it satisfying to be able to say that guys can look like this for L$92 at the moment (while the particular mesh head I've used is a group gift). It's definitely not as good as what you can do with a 10,000 budget, but also quite a bit better than a newbie avatar, no?

For a little less 012

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 4/20/2020 at 6:44 PM, Meredith8888 said:

I have 2 questions. 

How did you get it to use BOM ??? ... I just got one and cannot figure out how to do that.

Just now, Leora Jacobus said:

And where is the Skin Tab? (sorry for being so stupid)

On the HUD.  I'm not sure if they change the HUD on the free body but there should be 3 tab options.  One of them is the skin tab.  

• Thanks 1

The HUD is called "Edit 1.1" there are three parts fist is about Hand Positions ... second say STYLES if I check that  it says "Loading your Styles" but it obviously cannot. Is there something amiss?

PS: figured it out I had to check "Play streaming media when available" in preferences.

Golly what a HUD! Never had any like it!

Edited by Leora Jacobus

10 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

The HUD is called "Edit 1.1" there are three parts fist is about Hand Positions ... second say STYLES if I check that  it says "Loading your Styles" but it obviously cannot. Is there something amiss?

To turn on Styles, you must have media enabled.  This is the part people hate about TMP.  It's tied to an external server.

Edited by Rowan Amore

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Golly I finally DID it! Thanks a lot for your help!

Now I am one of the people that hate that part about TMP  ;)

It's really the only time you need it enabled.  Once you have BOM set, the other tabs don't require it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's really the only time you need it enabled.  Once you have BOM set, the other tabs don't require it.

once BOM my friend's meshbody classic broke when he turned off the media / his skin just peeled off

• Confused 3

6 hours ago, XemmaN said:

once BOM my friend's meshbody classic broke when he turned off the media / his skin just peeled off

Hmm.  I always have media and the HUD off.  Never had an issue with BOM but I also have the new one.  I was surprised they even updated the free one to BOM.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1085 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.