Matching skin color at neck

sweetindifference

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Try to find skin that matches at the neck. I have been told the trick is to buy the head and body skin for the same name brand.
    • Okay not seeming to work for me. I already had L'Etre Belleza Fit body appliers 1-4
    • so I go looking for a L'Etre head skin. I demo a L'Etre Daisy skin for CATWA
    • don't match at the neck no matter what colors I try
    • Is there something I'm missing?
    • any help would be appreciated

4 minutes ago, sweetindifference said:
  • Try to find skin that matches at the neck. I have been told the trick is to buy the head and body skin for the same name brand.
    • Okay not seeming to work for me. I already had L'Etre Belleza Fit body appliers 1-4
    • so I go looking for a L'Etre head skin. I demo a L'Etre Daisy skin for CATWA
    • don't match at the neck no matter what colors I try
    • Is there something I'm missing?
    • any help would be appreciated

Likely not.  It is up to the maker of the skin to make SURE that the neck seam matches. Not all skin designers do. Some are closer than others. It took me well over a year to find one that worked "perfectly" for my Maitreya - Lelutka combo.  Different Windlight settings will make a different so test using various settings.  

My skin is by amais but they are no longer making skins.  Some Wow skins are a good match and some (SOME) 7 Deadly S[k]ins (hope that is close) are good matches. So just keep trying different skins.    One problem that you can find and that we hear about fairly often is that the skin designer makes new HEAD skins and keep OLD body skins and doesn't bother to make them match. That may be what you are finding with the skin you tried. I am not familiar with that brand.  

Also make sure that your body and head both have any shine, glossiness or other materials effects turned off whilst you'e trying to match them. These effects change the tone of the skin in different windlight settings.

• Like 1

Make sure you have any neck fix turned off. if you are trying to match colours have ALM turned off use a windlight that give the optimal colour/skin evenness there's one under Ananadored, Avatar opt, Nam's optimal skin & skin and prim. make sure the skin(s) are the exact same shade sometimes skin makers update their tones but continue to use the same tone names. 

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Make sure you have any neck fix turned off. if you are trying to match colours have ALM turned off use a windlight that give the optimal colour/skin evenness there's one under Ananadored, Avatar opt, Nam's optimal skin & skin and prim. make sure the skin(s) are the exact same shade sometimes skin makers update their tones but continue to use the same tone names. 

Just noting that picking a "friendly" Windlight setting does NOTHING for folks seeing you in their own viewer with different settings.  This only helps if you ONLY want to look at yourself and take photos. This problem has been talked about for years so a search by the OP will probably get her more info than she ever wanted :D. 

8 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Likely not.  It is up to the maker of the skin to make SURE that the neck seam matches. Not all skin designers do. Some are closer than others.

This.

And it's a common issue.

Some skin makers put details near that area which can cause issues when matching across different brands.

MOST skin demos are uploaded at a lower resolution than the actual skin - even when the same resolution the addition of lines and the word 'DEMO' all over them can cause them to 'compress' differently around the neck than the final product does - which means this issue sometimes doesn't show up until after you've paid money...

Best tip:

Try as hard as possible to buy a skin that comes body and head both specifically made for your choice of body and head, and have the same tone for both.

If you were looking for African skins I could recommend some choices (it Girls, Angel Rock, and the darkest shade at Pink Fuel all seem to work well with Belleza and Catwa).

For non African skins I have less familiarity. Pink Fuel I have had good results with. It Girls I would trust because of the other skins I have from them.

- But all of this only in terms of Catwa and Belleza. I have not tested them on other brands.

I'd ask friends what they have had good results with.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

First thing I can think of, if you have tried to color match before, make sure your body and head shading is cleared.  They should be pure white

I have a problem adjusting almost all of my skin tones. The head always remains darker and I think it's the problem that the base of my head has a dark shade but I don't know how to get it all white like you are saying, I think that would resolve my problem though. (I only have been having this problem since BOM)

I wish all skinmakers could come up with something like what DeeTaleZ have - a neck match tattooneckline.thumb.jpg.f95712b94ba4aaf59a1899b7b9865e62.jpg

Wear whatever body skin you want (preferrably somewhat close to your face tone) and apply the Universal Neckmatch in the same tone as your face - hey, presto - neck line gone! This is no mesh neck fix thingy floating around your neck, just a cleverly made tattoo. You can get as a universal version for "all" bodies or for specific body versions like Legacy.

Snaps taken in what someone considers the worst possible WL for neck seams - Standard MIDDAY :D - and is equally good in any other WL I have tried...

I loose the small moles on my The Skinnery skin just above the collar bone, but I think that is a small price to pay to get rid of the neck seam... I could always add the moles on a tattoo over the neck thing...

Works perfect with a LeLUTKA Evo/Maitreya combo - I feel like the result is still very good with a Genus/MT, LeLutka/Legacy and Genus/Legacy combo - but just not AS good as with the LeLutka/MT combo...

DISCLAIMER: I'm in no way, shape or form affiliated with any of the brands mentioned, everything bought with my hard earned L$ ;)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CeCeGy said:

I have a problem adjusting almost all of my skin tones. The head always remains darker and I think it's the problem that the base of my head has a dark shade but I don't know how to get it all white like you are saying, I think that would resolve my problem though. (I only have been having this problem since BOM)

Since every brand of head does this differently, it would be tremendously helpful for us if we knew which brand of head (and which head name, since within some brands there are different types of head) you are using.

8 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This type of mismatch can happen if either the body or head has used a material.

I'm frequently requesting makers of heads and bodies both have their systems report the numeric values used for material settings so that issue can be avoided.

That and... we need a full body+head matched bump and specular map from skin makers...

If these idiots would stop putting out no-mod and go copy/mod this issue would be non-existent.

Only an absolutely stupid idiot of a fool thinks no-mod is some kind of protection...

I get reminded of this starkly everytime I start messing with my furry looks again - where it's all copy/mod and fixing stupid is easy.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

I'm currently wearing a Legacy body with Lelutka but I also had the same problem wearing Maitreya and Genus. I heard now it could be a problem with the windlight settings and the fact that skinnery has updated their body skins. So I'm going to try to fix it with another windlight and some other skins.

16 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Since every brand of head does this differently, it would be tremendously helpful for us if we knew which brand of head (and which head name, since within some brands there are different types of head) you are using.

I'm currently wearing a Legacy body with Lelutka but I also had the same problem wearing Maitreya and Genus. I heard now it could be a problem with the windlight settings and the fact that skinnery has updated their body skins. So I'm going to try to fix it with another windlight and some other skins.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.