Problem Neighbors - what to do?

KOOKOOPI

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

Kookoopi, would you allow us to help you? LittleMe Jewell has shown you where the boundary lines are, do you know how to make them visible using your World tools? I am on Firestorm and go to World, then Show More, then Property lines.

I think I will keep my head down next time, and not offer the little help that I can! 🤐

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You might be misunderstanding what the issue is or possibly you don't know how to actually see your parcel boundaries.  

Here is a picture of one of your trees at your SW corner.  While the entire trunk is in your parcel, the branches are most definitely outside the parcel -- the red line is your parcel boundary.  Additionally, the gold leaf shaped spots truly are leaves falling from the tree branches. Therefore, for the branches hanging outside your parcel, your tree is indeed dropping leaves outside of your parcel.  
temp1.jpg.d17d69a850459755818f82a33059be9f.jpg

In fact, almost every tree you have is hanging over your property lines and one tree is right on the property line.  Additionally, your front pergola is way over your property line.  In the following picture showing your property lines and landscaping, I have derendered all of the Mole planted items to more easily show how much of your stuff is over your properly lines. The INNER red lines are your parcel boundaries and everything in the picture is your stuff.

temp2.jpg.9ab2f186c9a937966f7aae26ab011bfc.jpg

And a few more pictures showing the problem:

temp3.JPG.c5a48d7de96d0797ef415a6a7fab7e3d.JPG

temp4.JPG.60ef073cdf2daca91bf63405ccef5579.JPG

Absolutley not a violation. You have alot of nerve perving especially since this case was closed. 

the is on leaf that sprinkles over theboundary - it evaporates in mid air of protected land between the other property and mine.

ONE LEAF and it does not GO ON HER PROPERTY _ WHICH WAS THE COMPLAINT!!! Read back if your so into details. She did not complain that the leaf landed in the alley. 

I NOTICE YOU DIDNT HAPPEN TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE NEIGHBORS HOUSE :))) Any reason for selective nosiness?

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Lady, get a life and hobby other than spying.

Edited by KOOKOOPI
to add a suggestion
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 93YearOld said:

I think I will keep my head down next time, and not offer the little help that I can! 🤐

thanks but as i mentioned in the thread already - it is helpful for people to read it before rplying :) - I am not one month old.

COULD WE PLEASE GET A MODERATOR HERE?! 

PEOPLE ARE IM ME IN WORLD AND COMING TO THE HOUSE - this is really rude. 

I asked how to report the neighbor, the question was answered. 

please be more respectful of my privacy - i dont see why the forum needs to spread over inworld?!

• Haha 3

Just now, KOOKOOPI said:

thanks but as i mentioned in the thread already - it is helpful for people to read it before rplying :) - I am not one month old.

Sometimes we don't get to SEE all the replies, not all the notifications reach me, so I missed part of it.

I might suggest though, if you ask for help, and it is resolved, see if there is a way you can close the thread.

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sorry, but LL will not get involved in Resident to Resident disputes.  You can open a Support ticket and complain about a neighbor, but if the only reason for the complaint is the rude IM, you won't get anything done by LL for it.  

As Alwin said, the easiest way to handle people that you don't want to deal with is to simply put them on your block list.  They can IM you all day after that and you'll never see the IMs. Blocking also prevents them from giving you things like Notecards and such.

If you do have a tree that drops flower petals or leaves, just be sure it is only dropping in your own parcel.

If a neighbor has things outside their property lines, you can submit an AR.  The Abuse Report is a menu option, under Help, I think.  However, also note that if something like flowers/trees are only a bit outside of the parcel, and not encroaching on someone else's parcel or interfering with pathways, etc... then LL may not do anything.

ARE YoU A MODERATOR OR DO YOU WORK FOR LINDEN LAB?

You gave this answer a day ago - why did you come to my house in world today if this has already been answered?

I think maybe we need to look into you and why you are acting like a self appointed police office. 

I ask again, did you take a picture of the neighbors lawn? NO 

• Haha 2

Just now, Atina0 said:

Kookoopi   ..

My advice to you is to simply log off and close this tread dont react and dont look at it  ,just let it go  .lets not start a war in here for a few leaves .

thanks for the adult advice :) althoguh i dont consider having it closed an unreasonable request. 

i was ignoring the thread, thank you very much - until Jewell here hsowed up at my  house and granny started IM me, now other im comes in - 

so i am back here trying to figure out what these people are bothering me for. 

Any grown up advice on how to handle unwelcome harrassment? TX

1 minute ago, KOOKOOPI said:

thanks for the adult advice :) althoguh i dont consider having it closed an unreasonable request. 

i was ignoring the thread, thank you very much - until Jewell here hsowed up at my  house and granny started IM me, now other im comes in - 

so i am back here trying to figure out what these people are bothering me for. 

Any grown up advice on how to handle unwelcome harrassment? TX

My IM was an offer to help as I thought you were a newbie. I do NOT count that as harrassment! You started this thread, please close it!

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

My IM was an offer to help as I thought you were a newbie. I do NOT count that as harrassment! You started this thread, please close it!

i did! until you guys approached me.

So please cease and desist. I thanked you for your well intended offer. 

i do  not have the authority to close this post but please if you can find someone who can, do so. I am working on it too. 

Edited by KOOKOOPI

• Moles

I'm only going to say one thing: Treat others as you would would like to be treated. Oh, and let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone. So two... I'm going to say two things. Treat others as you would would like to be treated and let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone. Because an eye for and eye makes the whole world blind. THREE. I'm going to say three things. Treat others as you would would like to be treated, let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone, and an eye for and eye makes the whole world blind. 

No one expects the forums inquisition!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

No, particles are not temp-rezzers. Different technology.

The only issue with temp-rezzers involves the kind that set out a temp object and then rez the object again right before it would be deleted.

Thanks for the clarification.  I doubt I even have any temp-rezzers.

1 hour ago, KOOKOOPI said:

I am not one month old.

You say that yet you don't seem to know how to see your property lines and keep things inside.  You deny having a tree that drops particles and yet the pictures show you do have.  You don't know how to file an AR (abuse report) or look in the knowledgebase to find out how.  You also don't seem to know typing in capitals is considered shouting and rude on the forums and sets a tone for how people reply to you.

Littleme didn't break into your house.  She took some pictures from the region to show you the reasons your landscaping has caused friction with your neighbour.  

Read the whole thread again with a calm head.  People were trying to help you fix your landscaping which in return would help calm the friction with the neighbour who complained about your falling leaves.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I'm only going to say one thing: Treat others as you would would like to be treated. Oh, and let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone. So two... I'm going to say two things. Treat others as you would would like to be treated and let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone. Because an eye for and eye makes the whole world blind. THREE. I'm going to say three things. Treat others as you would would like to be treated, let ye who has not sinned cast the first stone, and an eye for and eye makes the whole world blind. 

No one expects the forums inquisition!

Squishes Abnor for the Monty Python love ☺️

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I doubt I even have any temp-rezzers.

They're pretty rare these days. Years ago they were popular because before mesh you could make a huge complex build and toss it inside a temp-rezzer and it would only cost you 1-land impact.

You could also use it to make a permanent build in someone else's land - just re-rez yourself before the auto-return timer - there was code to prevent this trick, but I did meet someone who had a rezzer that hacked past it.

My original home in SL... I had an 88-prim couch (before sculpty... that's what it took to get complex shapes)... I put it in a rezzer... I also had a garden Gazebo, in a rezzer...
- It was a while before I understood how much lag these things caused...

I've also been "attacked", albeit on accident, by a temp-rez spam gun... my first plot on adult land... one day it started raining sculpty male genitals on me... after a while I tracked it down to a neighbor who had a very popular XXX-club with an 'outdoor prison yard' theme. She'd been wondering why one of her joke-gag toys wasn't working... turns out it was... it was just shooting in the wrong direction... 😛

- but this is what temp-rezzers where originally for. Projectile ammunition... Just maybe not that KIND of ammunition... 😉

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KOOKOOPI said:

i do  not have the authority to close this post but please if you can find someone who can, do so. I am working on it too. 

Indeed, none of us have the authority to close threads we start.  Permit me to grumble a little about that!  If they enabled that capability throughout the forums, it would save them some moderating time.

To invoke a moderator, hit the "report post" link at the upper right of any one post in the thread.  Explain in the report that you are the OP, and wish the thread closed because your original question has been answered, and the thread has evolved into a discussion that is causing you distress.  Response will not be immediate, but usually if the OP requests it a Linden will close the thread.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

If they enabled that capability throughout the forums, it would save them some moderating time.

Wouldn't that encourage the hit and run posters who do their damage with a nasty, trollish, advertising etc type post and then delete it without a trace before it can be reported/moderated/punished?

• Like 3

Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

Wouldn't that encourage the hit and run posters who do their damage with a nasty, trollish, advertising etc type post and then delete it without a trace before it can be reported/moderated/punished?

agree

let the mods do their job.  When a post ends up way over limits like you mention then the mods will nuke it if necessary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 93YearOld said:

There is nothing wrong with offering help.  Sometimes it is welcomed and sometimes not.  We can't control how people react to it.  However, it is always good Karma for the one offering it :) .  Don't let this stop you from being you.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

They're pretty rare these days. Years ago they were popular because before mesh you could make a huge complex build and toss it inside a temp-rezzer and it would only cost you 1-land impact.

You could also use it to make a permanent build in someone else's land - just re-rez yourself before the auto-return timer - there was code to prevent this trick, but I did meet someone who had a rezzer that hacked past it.

My original home in SL... I had an 88-prim couch (before sculpty... that's what it took to get complex shapes)... I put it in a rezzer... I also had a garden Gazebo, in a rezzer...
- It was a while before I understood how much lag these things caused...

I've also been "attacked", albeit on accident, by a temp-rez spam gun... my first plot on adult land... one day it started raining sculpty male genitals on me... after a while I tracked it down to a neighbor who had a very popular XXX-club with an 'outdoor prison yard' theme. She'd been wondering why one of her joke-gag toys wasn't working... turns out it was... it was just shooting in the wrong direction... 😛

- but this is what temp-rezzers where originally for. Projectile ammunition... Just maybe not that KIND of ammunition... 😉

Thanks!  I do have older stuff that I often prefer if it allows me to stretch just one side at a time and not make the Li go through the roof.  I've seen 1-prim designs on the Marketplace, but I think they're mesh.  I might have a few of those.

Oh, and I'm glad you worked things out with the phallic-gun neighbor.  It's nice when folks talk and work things out. *hint hint hint hint hint lol *

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.