What are you listening to?

40 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Some more great Jazz, opener to Ah Um:

Miles Davis Genre making with his first electric album

Miles was a true artist. Always renewing himself and finding new ways. His best years were for me the 50 and 60 ties. The quintet with Coltrane and later Wayne Shorter. Aftter Bitches Brew I lost him.
In the 80ties I heard him several times live. He had a charisma to fill a huge concert hall...

25 minutes ago, Ian Mercury said:

Miles was a true artist. Always renewing himself and finding new ways. His best years were for me the 50 and 60 ties. The quintet with Coltrane and later Wayne Shorter. Aftter Bitches Brew I lost him.
In the 80ties I heard him several times live. He had a charisma to fill a huge concert hall...

At the moment I am re-listening to his 70s music, he left his audience behind at the time but albums like Dark Magus & Agharta are great albums on re-appraisal. Distinctive, funky & noisy. Experimenting finding a different path to contempories like Donald Byrd, Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Billy Cobham and Stanley Clarke were going. 

I've had the latest Def Leppard album playing on a loop a dozen times since I received it in the mail yesterday. Drastic Symphonies. Old tracks reimagined with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. Favourite. Too Late for Love. But love all the others too. Feeling quite mellow now. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIZtEhmgAk

• Like 1

I can't wait to see the documentary her daughters made about her..

I remember when she passed away, so many artists were getting mentioned that they had actually cut to commercial when they did her tribute, I wanna say the grammy's but it may have been a different show.. I was so mad that they did that to her, especially since she had been around longer than the ones mentioned and got their tributes seen..

I always loved her music and thought she was so beautiful as well...

To add to it, she was the first artist to sue and win against the record companies to get her masters..

This is one of my favorites from her..

Then this one as well.. I could go on and on  with her music.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

Some of my RL friends have tried to turn me on to this Ren guy. I can see the emotional appeal, maybe it's just me, I may be overthinking but he falls short of being great for some reason.

I definitely find his stories of mental struggles to be inspiring however, I'll grant him that, very admirable. His acoustic guitar skills are terrific.

• Like 1