What are you listening to?

4 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

And (also Dutch) nostalgia from The George Baker Selection with Litlle Green Bag from 1970! The song later became famous as intro music from the movie Reservoir Dogs.

I know the tune from the film but had no clue it was from that! 

Strangely enough, I was listening to a Dutch punk band THE EX earlier...I love the chorus on this one 😍 

• Like 2

Music from Belgian bands from the 80s are also great, the have a specific sound, different from the Netherlands. This is Oh La La La c'est Magnifique from TC Matic, the singer Arno Hintjens is sadly no longer among us.

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, archangel969 said:

Another great (and recent) one from the Belgian band dEUS: How To Replace It

I LOVE this song!  Thanks for sharing. It's been added to my playlist, but what the hell did I just watch?  I might have to look up the  meaning of the video, because I don't get it.  😄

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I LOVE this song!  Thanks for sharing. It's been added to my playlist, but what the hell did I just watch?  I might have to look up the  meaning of the video, because I don't get it.  😄

Oh I love this band since 1989 when they were founded! I have no idea either, what the hell this was about  but my advice with this kind of surrealism is always to use your own imagination and be guided less by reason :-). At a painting course, a teacher once said - and I have never forgotten it: when you see/hear something for the first time, switch off your mind and judgement and experience it, live it.

Edited by archangel969
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, archangel969 said:

The Netherlands' official entry for the Eurovision Song Contest: Joost Klein with Europapa. It does make me happy (well it's happy hardcore anyway).

What I love about this song is that it's not only addictively catchy and brings a big smile to your face, but it also has a deep message about coping with the loss of your parents. Joost Klein said in a TV show that the fire at the end of the video symbolises leaving the pain behind of losing his parents.

Edited by archangel969