What are you listening to?

From the same album Blue Train

Coltrane wrote this tune and did not yet had a name for it
When the band played it for the first time in the studio the trombone player Curtis Fuller said to Coltrane : do you expect me to play this in a moment's notice ??
And Coltrane had a name for this tune :)

• Like 1

@Ian Mercury I can't figure out how the Internet gods decide which of your posts are going to be marked "Unavailable", so it's wonderful when some of your posts turn out to be playlists (like the Bird and Diz one) instead of single selections.  They more than balance the few missing ones.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

@Ian Mercury I can't figure out how the Internet gods decide which of your posts are going to be marked "Unavailable", so it's wonderful when some of your posts turn out to be playlists (like the Bird and Diz one) instead of single selections.  They more than balance the few missing ones.

@Rolig Loon I am glad you liked the Bird & Diz playlist. 
I discovered the music of Parker when I started with saxophone lessons many years ago. In my young years I went to the music library every saturday to borrow LP's of Parker. I copied them all and still have the copies. Some are very rare but most have a low sound quality.

I will post a playlist from the Miles Davis Album  "seven steps to heaven" the one you missed was "I fall in love to easily"
Hopefully you can see and hear ! this one.

I was just listening to these songs.. There are so many that I've been listening to from them that I would still like to put in here because they are soo good..

Ya know, I can't remember a sound from a group that really made me fill like I was swimming in music like these do.. That's the best way I can explain how their sound impacts me.. It's like the whole sound is just swirling around me, which takes over my body and  has me moving and swaying  more and more, that by the time they are finished I've  not even realized I was moving like that.. I love music that becomes an experience more than just a listen..

I think these songs are perfection in every way.