Avocados & Avocatos & Death & Taxes & Religion & Viewer Tips & ...

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I live on mugs of tea  and 85% dark choc. I love sourdough toast.

I could drink wine every day. 

I only drink coffee when I'm in the City

I like Jack Daniels. I like brandy and port (together) more than I should.

It's 6.45am, dark and I'm in bed.......and should still be asleep.

Let's see, for me I'd rewrite that:

I live on mugs of coffee and dark choc. I love sourdough toast and it has been my go-to breakfast for many weeks straight now.

I only drink tea if the meal is in a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco. 

I like Bushmill's single malt, the older the better. I have never had brandy and port together and have put that on my to do list.

I can't believe how early I got out of bed this morning.

:D

Commonalities across the Pond, eh?

• Like 3

I'm an equal opportunity wine drinker. I like reds and whites, rosés and grigios. But then my wine initiations were Lambrusco and Riesling (I was young). These days though, I drink far less than I used to. It just isn't as much fun as it once was.

I confess to being a milk chocolate lover. Dark chocolate is ok sometimes and better other times. The Terry's dark chocolate orange is among my favorites. White chocolate is something I don't take from the bowl of goodies even if it's all that remains.
   And what's with ruby chocolate? I haven't tried it, but I've read descriptions. It sounds horrible. It feels like another attempt to make money from a bold foray into nouveax faux.

I don't need a seat on the ark. Just laugh at me every now and then and I'll be ok.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
because I hadn't had coffee yet.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Speaking of waffles. A British friend recently referred to someone as a tw*twaffle! I've never heard that before. Brilliant. Then a Canadian had to do the hierarchy of translations for me: Calling someone an as*h*le is worse, then tw*twaffle, then as*hat. Brits have the best snarky words. The Food Court event had waffles, but no tw*twaffles for sale, to my knowledge.

It's pretty formulaic. You take a rude word for genitals and add a silly sounding noun as the suffix. I've not heard "tw*twaffle" before but I've heard "d*cksplash", "c*ckwomble" (not around Wimbledon Common, funnily enough) and "thunderc*nt" (ok, that last one messes up the formula a bit).

It saddens me that I have to ruin the wonderful brevity of "pants on head insane" in order to translate it into American.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Let's see, for me I'd rewrite that:

I live on mugs of coffee and dark choc. I love sourdough toast and it has been my go-to breakfast for many weeks straight now.

I only drink tea if the meal is in a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco. 

I like Bushmill's single malt, the older the better. I have never had brandy and port together and have put that on my to do list.

I can't believe how early I got out of bed this morning.

:D

Commonalities across the Pond, eh?

Yes...…..and Brandy and Port is heaven sent...…….. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

But would you drink this?    :)

avocado wine.jpg

I might be tempted to give it a sip, out of curiosity. If I liked it, then I'd probably have some once in a while. Avocados and I have had a tempestuous relationship over the years. Once upon a time, many years ago, it was grown-up food, "eww gross! No, mom." Then it was an oddity that I never quite found myself in the mood to try.
   When I was about 28, I was at a party that was themed Mexican food. As I was getting a plate ready at the outdoor buffet, the friend I went with said "Oooh! Here, you have to try this!" and promptly dropped a blob of guac on my plate. I sighed (Is it a part of introversion to  not like others dropping food on your plate? Or does everybody get this?) and finished getting the other things I wanted. So, short story, I tried it, with chips and cheese, sliced black olives, and salsa. It turned out liked guac. I later learned that I was fortunate to have tried good guac my first time. But then, of course, in my late thirties, avocados became a part of my own personal, growing allergacoepia caused by my oral allergy syndrome.

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
because... pff, can't be arsed.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

But then, of course, in my late thirties, avocados became a part of my own personal, growing allergacoepia caused by my oral allergy syndrome.

oh no...you are allergic?  They are sooo nutritious.  Sometimes my breakfast is half an avocado with a piece of cheese.  I try to do low carb but this damm thread made me slip a dark chocolate bar into my grocery order !! 😬

Fortunately, I hate alcohol of any kind...even wine and beer.  I just don't get it how people love the taste so much, and I've wished I could participate in some of the festivities with drinking so much a part of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

Double negative - you boozer, you.

Look I didn't had a proper sleep for days now. Today I learned that one of my friend just have a very short time to live before the lung cancer kills him. I almost got run over by f...t.rd becouse he didn't give me priority as he should. So the last thing what I need is your grammar nazi s.... So if you don't like something keep it to yourself. And try ignor me in the future as I will ignore you. 

And this is the toned down version of my response. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Yes...…..and Brandy and Port is heaven sent...…….. :)

So, like... how does this concoction go together? Or do you drink it in separate glasses, like a Boilermaker? Or... drunken enquiring minds want to know! It is almost the weekend ffs!

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Zzevir said:

Look I didn't had a proper sleep for days now. Today I learned that one of my friend just have a very short time to live before the lung cancer kills him. I almost got run over by f...t.rd becouse he didn't give me priority as he should. So the last thing what I need is your grammar nazi s.... So if you don't like something keep it to yourself. And try ignor me in the future as I will ignore you. 

And this is the toned down version of my response. 

I know Orwar can speak for himself, but... First of all, sorry to hear about your sh*t days. I also think Orwar was joking, and not really being a grammar nazi. So far this is a fairly light-hearted thread, and I believe that was what Orwar intended. I think.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

But would you drink this?    :)

avocado wine.jpg

I might be tempted to give it a sip, out of curiosity.

My first instinct was to throw up a little, but yeah, like Ivanova said, I'd probably try it just out of curiosity. (Then spew.) I did that at the Gilroy Garlic Festival years ago, when trying garlic ice cream, which while wasn't awesome wasn't barfy either.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

So, like... how does this concoction go together? Or do you drink it in separate glasses, like a Boilermaker? Or... drunken enquiring minds want to know! It is almost the weekend ffs!

Shot of each in one glass...…………..or two of each...……. :)

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mahala Roviana said:

I've never had an avocado. 

Wish I hadn't. I've been hearing all sorts of bull about my generation for a few years now (seriously, The Who had nothing on us) but perhaps the worst is that we all love avocados. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Wish I hadn't. I've been hearing all sorts of bull about my generation for a few years now (seriously, The Who had nothing on us) but perhaps the worst is that we all love avocados. 

Sorry, we all know that stereotypes, the broader the better, are all true, all the time. Suck it up snowflake. :p

to the humo(u)r impaired, that was in [sarcasm font] (NOT pointing at Amina, btw, who gets humo(u)r)

• Like 1

Just now, Seicher Rae said:

millenials ruined.jpg

Round about the time my son was born, there was a whole slew of news reports all about how modern millennial mothers were destroying society and bringing up hellraisers and kicking puppies and whatnot (don't ask me what millennial fathers are supposed to be doing, they never said). It made me feel quite powerful. I kept a few of them.

People try to put us d-d-down...

• Haha 1

Actually, since "millennial" has just become a catch-all insult for anyone under the age of 40, I think a lot of people haven't yet twigged about Gen Z. I don't blame the Gen Zers for keeping quiet. My lot are getting so much crap, I'd hide behind us if I could too.

Just because we g-get around....

• Like 1

The whole generational groupings crap is just that, crap. It really can get me a bit pis*y. Sure, broadly speaking, there are a few commonalities to being born in a certain year, due to world influences, but to try to pigeon-hole everyone into this homogeneous lump is, did I mention crap? My bff&e is an old millenial, on the cusp by a few years. A few of the generationists do have subcategories, but they are crap, too. Not as much crap, but crap. Bff identifies more with the next generation older more than the millenial, and he doesn't fit either, really. As for me, and the generation I get stuck into, it is pure, unadulterated rubbish. I identify with about .1% of the stereotype. I get pretty angry about the stereotypes of people "my" age, and yeah, don't appreciate the ones thrown around for millenials, either. Yes, there is some humor in some of it. A smidge of truth to some of it. But enough s'ready with this acceptance of this bogus "standard" grouping of "generations." 

See the image below for the idiotic age ranges. Someone born in 1946 is "the same" as someone born in 1964??? Yeah. I don't think so. Same with all of the groupings.

crap crap crap crap and more crap masquerading as "truth"

(too dark?)

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.