Avocados & Avocatos & Death & Taxes & Religion & Viewer Tips & ...

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

54 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

It took me a second, Sylvia, (OK much longer, I'm slow) to realize your ploy here. You made an anti-white chocolate statement with Gordon's quote, followed by a PRO white chocolate article! I call fowl! Like "partridge" or something! This is the wiley cunning of an experienced Forumite, who got her training in the dungeons of the old Forum.

I neither confirm nor deny my mostly lurking presence in the old Forums. 

In other news, I loved the Food Court event. What's not to love about TINY SL FOOD? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I neither confirm nor deny my mostly lurking presence in the old Forums. 

In other news, I loved the Food Court event. What's not to love about TINY SL FOOD? 

I thought Tinies lived off a diet of waffles and bacon washed down with wootberry juice and moonshine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm pretty sure the event had waffles. Sadly, though, they were not animesh like the avocados.

Speaking of waffles. A British friend recently referred to someone as a tw*twaffle! I've never heard that before. Brilliant. Then a Canadian had to do the hierarchy of translations for me: Calling someone an as*h*le is worse, then tw*twaffle, then as*hat. Brits have the best snarky words. The Food Court event had waffles, but no tw*twaffles for sale, to my knowledge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And I'm giving @Madelaine McMasters my golden ticket for the Forum 100 Ark.

Maddy would be an excellent choice -- but let's not go there, Lindall.

I can almost smell the butt hurt and drama that would result if we start compiling a list of favourite forumites. It never ends well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You guys are driving me crazy with all this chocolatey goodness.

Just keep it up.  I'll start spouting rants about excessive taxation again.

And I'm giving @Madelaine McMasters my golden ticket for the Forum 100 Ark.  (Unless she doesn't want it.  She just might prefer to jump ship and start burning zombies.)

It's all good. We're three pages in and just now got close to our first Godwin! :)

When did it morph into the Forum 100 Ark? I did *not* get that memo! That had to be @Tolya Ugajin doing. :(  My zombie apocalypse plan was to leave only 100 total on the planet. And... oh... yeah... :::cough::: what am I thinking? "Of course" that would all be from the Forums.

Chocolate AND waffles...

fudgewaffle.JPG

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can almost smell the butt hurt and drama that would result if we start compiling a list of favourite forumites. It never ends well.

please please please please let people heed this warning

but... it's an anything goes, derail the derail, so butt hurt and drama is probably right around the corner

not that I'm cynical or anything

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I bring you a post about avocados, or in this case an avocato. There was a recent thread that went into a tangential bit about this luscious fruit and the millenial toast it inspires.

Highly amusing labeling Avocado Toast to a generation that started in 1982 when Avocado Toast has been around in my country since pre 1930... Now if it was rephrased that Millennials made it popular in America, I could accept that, but certainly not that Avocado Toast is a new thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Is this the anything goes thread (almost).

*caffeinating

Speaking with All The Authority Bestowed Upon Me As OP Author... It is what you guys make it. I tried to make on topic as open as possible. Tongue in cheek, silly, to... /me shrugs

I have no fighting spirit...that song Lexxi posted made me too sad..psyche needs transmutation....

and yes I cracked up earlier when I saw that title!

• Like 1

• Moles

Hotel Chocolat are a British company but I think they will probably ship to Canada and the US:

They do chocolate bars and batons in several different strengths, including 100% chocolate (with a choice of countries of origin for the chocolate bean)

https://www.hotelchocolat.com/uk/shop/collections/products/luxury-chocolate/?prefmin2=40&prefn1=chocolateTypes&prefmax2=100&prefn2=measureCocoaPercentage&prefv1=Dark

(They have a shop about 10 minutes' walk from my apartment in First Life, which is handy!)

310404.jpg?sw=500&sh=500&sm=fit

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

And I'm giving @Madelaine McMasters my golden ticket for the Forum 100 Ark.  (Unless she doesn't want it.  She just might prefer to jump ship and start burning zombies.)

I agree that compiling a list of favorite forumites would not end well. And it looks like it didn't even start well, though Lindal's seemingly kind gesture is brilliant. She's effectively given up her seat on the Titanic, dooming the other nominees to set sail on a massive wooden boat... with Maddy.

Agreed, don't go there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If we are to debate the types of chocolate, we should probably also discuss whether or not anything other than red wine is really proper wine or just some fake stuff to appease those that can't handle the real stuff.

Red wine is certainly the superior version, although all wines are better than plain water.  We could derail some more and debate what wines are best.  Personally, I'm a fan of Italians, although recently I have started drinking some excellent Spanish wines, which are not as good, but generally very reasonably priced.  However, the best wine I have ever had is Fleur de Cap, from South Africa, but it's been years since I've found it here.  Wine from Georgia (former USSR, not USA) is high on my list of things to try, since it appears that is where wine was first made.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

AVOCADO WINE

7-8 pounds of avacados
water to 1 gallon
sugar to an SG of 1.085
1/2 tsp pectic enzyme
not sure about acid blend, but probably about 2 tsp....
1 tsp nutrient
1 tsp energizer
1 campden tablet or equivalent

ew

:D

but... ew

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.