Avocados & Avocatos & Death & Taxes & Religion & Viewer Tips & ...

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

White versus dark chocolate! OR... shall we include why dark chocolate is the real chocolate and milk chocolate is an abomination? Including the health benefits of 70% or higher cocoa content?

ETA: And shouldn't dark chocolate be listed as a drug, and therefore it shouldn't be taxed? <---- key word

Milk chocolate is for people who aren't ready to be adults yet. 

It's okay, but it's not orgasmic. Dark chocolate is orgasmic.

...especially when poured over a nice, juicy, thick... 

...strawberry...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If we are to debate the types of chocolate, we should probably also discuss whether or not anything other than red wine is really proper wine or just some fake stuff to appease those that can't handle the real stuff.

I knew I could count on you guys. My tribe. My peeps. ♥

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm fine with that. If we can enact that, then I'd probably have the population whittled down to 100 or so folks all WELL SPACED throughout the globe. I'm a person who keeps thinking the zombie apocalypse is a step in the right direction. :::huggies:::

grouphug.gif.5ec481d4665cdd6524f7e2491dcb100f.gif

I often say, there's nothing wrong with California that dropping 30 million Californians into the sea wouldn't fix.  Not quite as extreme as only leaving 100 worldwide, but...

hey, wait?  100?

Am I one of them?

Oooh here's a fun derail idea.  Everyone gets to pick one, and ONLY, one Forumite to save in your little Noah's Ark of 100.  Not 1 that gets booted into the zombie scrum - that would be naming and shaming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If we are to debate the types of chocolate, we should probably also discuss whether or not anything other than red wine is really proper wine or just some fake stuff to appease those that can't handle the real stuff.

What appalled me the other day, when I was in the beverage store for my med'cine, I saw this, this... thing. Gah! I thought we were past the whole pink/rose gold thing by now but look what they did to a vodka that was just sitting there minding its own business. There oughtta be a law...

rosevodka.JPG

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I often say, there's nothing wrong with California that dropping 30 million Californians into the sea wouldn't fix.  Not quite as extreme as only leaving 100 worldwide, but...

hey, wait?  100?

Am I one of them?

Oooh here's a fun derail idea.  Everyone gets to pick one, and ONLY, one Forumite to save in your little Noah's Ark of 100.  Not 1 that gets booted into the zombie scrum - that would be naming and shaming.

/me looks nervous and shuffles from foot to foot, stammering...

"Wait. Wut? Save one Forumite? For the 100?...."  I think I hear the phone ringing...

ETA: Existential question -- can you derail a derail thread, not that this is a derail thread, cuz that would be like wrong, and anti LL and 'merica n stuff

Edited by Seicher Rae

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

What appalled me the other day, when I was in the beverage store for my med'cine, I saw this, this... thing. Gah! I thought we were past the whole pink/rose gold thing by now but look what they did to a vodka that was just sitting there minding its own business. There oughtta be a law...

rosevodka.JPG

That is soooooooooooo wrong.

• Thanks 1

I cannot drink red wine without gagging, and not in the fun way. Same with Bourbon (and that's a sin for a Kentuckian like me to say). It's because I got absolutely plastered on both of those things way too often in my younger years and the taste and smell remind me of the copious buckets of vomit I spewed with nearly the same force as Mr. Creosote.

So, yes, thank you, a nice, crispy, chilled, fruity Riesling would be lovely, thank you. Or a refreshing hard cider maybe. If I'm feeling dangerous, I'll take an extremely dirty martini. 

As to which forumite I would save, it would unquestionably be @Quartz Mole. I don't even need the other 99 spots on the Ark. If there were only the two of us left, there's no way he could resist me!

... ever hopeful that one day My Favorite Mole will love me as I love him...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's because I got absolutely plastered on both of those things way too often in my younger years and the taste and smell remind me of the copious buckets of vomit I spewed with nearly the same force as Mr. Creosote.

This is why I cannot stand the taste of ANY beer. 

College was rough at times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It took me a second, Sylvia, (OK much longer, I'm slow) to realize your ploy here. You made an anti-white chocolate statement with Gordon's quote, followed by a PRO white chocolate article! I call fowl! Like "partridge" or something! This is the wiley cunning of an experienced Forumite, who got her training in the dungeons of the old Forum.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

/me looks nervous and shuffles from foot to foot, stammering...

"Wait. Wut? Save one Forumite? For the 100?...."  I think I hear the phone ringing...

ETA: Existential question -- can you derail a derail thread, not that this is a derail thread, cuz that would be like wrong, and anti LL and 'merica n stuff

Is it lucky to have bad luck?  Is anyone ever gruntled?

I believe a derailed derail thread would in fact be a rail drink.

image.png.14cb8091a62e33451f157e3d007d53b6.png

Edited by Tolya Ugajin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

Funny you should mention the skirt. I was wearing this very same outfit a few days ago, with one kinda important difference. I was dancing at one of my favorite music clubs, the kind of favorite where people are familiar with you and actually know you. When I came home I swung my camera around and noticed, to my horror/amusement that... the micro mini skirt with the slit up the front of the thigh, gapped beautifully and I had forgotten to put on underwear or alpha my bits out. My lady garden was on full display the whole time. Surprise! No one said anything. :D  Worse, no one even tipped me.

Once, to prepare for shopping in-world for a nice Malbec, I put on a lovely dark chocolate (with sea salt) coloured open trench coat outfit that I have, with avocado-green calf-high boots.

The outfit is set up so that I'm usually wearing applier capris and a tee underneath (because everything else I have pokes through the coat). I say usually, because on this occasion the applier clothing layers were turned off for some reason. Because the camera for my viewer catches me only from behind, I didn't realize that I was effectively naked under the trench coat. So, I spent about a half hour shopping while unknowingly flashing everyone at the stores I was visiting.

Yes, that's right: I was flashing people in a trench coat.

It was quite by accident that I swung my camera around, and realized, finally, that I was letting it all hang out.

This is a true story. Except for the chocolate coloured part: the coat is actually silvery white. And the boots are black.

And my RL face an attractive shade of red.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

OMG, where does that avocado miniature come from?

First... you must post avocado propaganda before all is revealed! bwahahahahaha

Oh, ok. The designer/store is Moonrabbit. There might be spaces between the letters, just to make things more annoying. I got it at a shopping event... a food something. The Food Court? And there are three sizes, this is the smallest.

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is why I cannot stand the taste of ANY beer. 

College was rough at times.

Yeah, I didn't have any trouble with the classwork. I never pulled an all-nighter, unless it was for drinking. As for me, the "OHGODNEVERAGAIN" was rum. Still can't do that unless it is well hidden in some mixer of some sort. Yay higher education (with the emphasis on higher...) (You kids, don't try this at home...)

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmmm. I can order it, of course. But it appears that "BulkBarn," which is a local bulk food chain, may sell it. There's one about a 15 minute walk from me . . .

Hmmm . . .

The health "stuff" I've seen says 70% and higher for the health benefits. I love Burdick (above) calling its bars "health bars"... lol. But there are so many dark bars out there, you shouldn't have a problem finding them, and the ones with the high cocoa content all have it plastered on their wrappers. A good foodie shop should have several (you're in a high population area, right? I mean, even not including moose and polar bears?) Ghirardelli  is another brand...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

The health "stuff" I've seen says 70% and higher for the health benefits. I love Burdick (above) calling its bars "health bars"... lol. But there are so many dark bars out there, you shouldn't have a problem finding them, and the ones with the high cocoa content all have it plastered on their wrappers. A good foodie shop should have several (you're in a high population area, right? I mean, even not including moose and polar bears?) Ghirardelli  is another brand...

Lindt does bars that are available pretty much everywhere at up to 90%. It's the addition of the sea salt with that level of cacao that they don't seem to do. Or, at least, that I haven't seen.

(Although they also do one with broken bits of caramel to complement the sea salt . . . that's rather nice too.)

I haven't seen Burdick here, but Ghirardelli sounds vaguely familiar. Must keep looking . . .

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.