Discord channels??

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All!

I was wondering if theres any good discord channels for Second life? .. I know theres one for us Genus head users .. (which i think i will join) any others..for shopping? Clothes brands or skins? Housing? .. even just social.. .. or maybe an official SL discord channel? < that would be awesome

Cheers!

There are a lot out there, far from all of the servers are 'tagged' appropriately to be found in the Discord database. Many stores, events, groups, regions, etc. have Discord servers. I haven't heard anything about any official LL Discord though, and honestly don't know if I'd want to be in one - too many people in a live chat just gets extremely chaotic.

• Like 2

Some communities and creator groups have servers for members of specific communities and work groups. They aren’t listed or open because they get a lot of off topic stuff, tourists and trolls. Ask around in your interest groups to turn up specific ones. BVN, Blogger and Vlogger Network is a good one that covers topics you may like, join the inworld group, then ask for the Discord invitation. 

• 10 months later...

Unofficial, Second Life { https://discord.gg/BypR8SV }, discord.

Make friends, share pics, explore the meta, get help, sl-news, events, jobs & more.

13 & under not allowed, 🌐coppa rules : https://bit.ly/2SxlJBb

⚔️strict security, 🤖in-world online bot

📅Created : Dec.-18-2016

if link doesn't work, check my profile for the update if still interested

Edited by autmflr

4 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Help this old man out please. I still haven't figured exactly what this Discord thingamajig is about. Is it like the AOL aim chat? Is it like a Facebook or Twitter bulletin wall? Is it another version of Reddit?

I think of it more as a thingamabob.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Help this old man out please. I still haven't figured exactly what this Discord thingamajig is about. Is it like the AOL aim chat? Is it like a Facebook or Twitter bulletin wall? Is it another version of Reddit?

It's like Whatsapp or Skype, except with the focus upon communities of discussion, rather than individuals. And it's mostly been used by gamers.

It's fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.