Plump cheeks/round face with a mesh head?

Jennifer Roundfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You might try a Tonic head. They tend not to have the prominent cheek bones and sharp jawlines that you see on a lot of others. I just got the Tonic Pixie for an alt and I’ve been very pleased with it so far. I don’t think it would be hard to shape it for a plumper look.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, Jennifer Roundfield said:

I am thinking of making the leap into using a mesh head.

I wonder if anyone has any experience or comments on a particular head that would allow for fairly plump cheeks and/or a round face? My avi is a BBW and I prefer the fuller, plumper look as opposed to an average "slender" face.

Thanks for any help!

~~~Jenni~~~

Best to go to all mesh head creators and grab every demo you can find. People who mention specific brandnames or products have a bias for those products (nothing wrong with that, but it is good to know it's there).

I second demo-demo-demo.
Only speaking for myself but ‘trying a ton of demos’ was really the most helpful advice for me in choosing Human (not doll) mesh heads and so far lots of demo-ing and shape tweaking on the demos has kept me from buying any that I really didn’t like. At often L$5000 a pop, that’s important. So far so good. 
It didn’t help narrow my search per say but it did help me to learn just how different they all are in sometimes critical areas, and I also learned that they all add and subtract mass in a bit of a different way so even if I initially like a head, it’s not always going to be able to be shaped into what I actually want to wear. I’m not really as particular about it as some are either, so I think taking time, and playing with a lot of demos is the best way. 

Edited by Fauve Aeon

On 12/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, Osa Engawa said:

If someone actually asks for suggestions, “try all of them” is not a helpful reply. 

Beg to differ.

Heads are what YOU make of them. They are all able to be customized now and depending on what shape and applier you use will look entirely different from one person to another. 

Suggesting to the OP a Tonic head isn't specific enough either. Which one? Why?

Anyway since nobody has posted photos yet here's a few to show what Baby Face looks like. Also a Strong Face to show this one too is usable for a more full facial appearance. One of the Baby Faces pictures shows that this head also can be customized to appear NOT as chubby cheeked, with moving sliders and depending on the applier used.  

Also shown are some Lelutka and a Catwa sample. As you can see many types of heads can give you the look you seek - hence why trying demos is SO important. Also it's important to see if you like the way the HUD works. Some are really difficult to use/read/wonky. I personally love Catwa heads and have several but tend not to utilize them as much because the HUD makes me crazy.

LAQ also makes some really lovely heads, several of which are younger looking and would work well. I have a couple of them and like them a lot, just did not have good enough photos to show here. Also, so does LOGO. I have a couple of those also but haven't had a chance to play around with them yet.

All of these photos, IMO, have the look I think you may be looking for. More or less. Again, you can always tweak the appearance to give it your own twist.

Anyway, First one is using an applier and shape by Tres Beau. 

Ava

Another darker tone of Tres Beau, shape as well.

Olivia

And this one is also Baby Face. Notice that it has a much less filled out facial appearance. Applier and shape used are by Not Found.

Genus Baby Face

Now, here is Genus Strong Face. Looking kind of roundish too, no? This is L'Etre applier and shape.

Alba

Now for Lelutka. This, is May with a Skinnery applier

Ladyfox

Another Lelutka, Simone, with Glam Affair

July

Honestly, can't remember which head this is, did not notate it but I'm almost positive it's one of the Lelutka ones.

kyou blue

This is Catya, from Catwa with an Atelier Pepe applier

Jae

Edited by Elora Lunasea
spelling. what else.
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for their suggestions! I have hound mesh heads (and their HUDs) to be remarkably diverse and for that reason, exhausting to explore. That is why I was looking for recommendations...

I appreciate the pictures, since they cut to the chase quickly. I need to look at the Tres Beau and hunt around for the right Lelutka.

For reference, I'm looking more for a look like Chrissy Metz than Chrissy Teigen....

I'll continue to look and try

Thanks again!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jennifer Roundfield said:

Thanks everyone for their suggestions! I have hound mesh heads (and their HUDs) to be remarkably diverse and for that reason, exhausting to explore. That is why I was looking for recommendations...

I appreciate the pictures, since they cut to the chase quickly. I need to look at the Tres Beau and hunt around for the right Lelutka.

For reference, I'm looking more for a look like Chrissy Metz than Chrissy Teigen....

I'll continue to look and try

Thanks again!

If you are looking at Lelutka, try May or Greer. Both are less angular than the others. 

FYI I wasn't familiar with Chrissy Metz until I looked her up.  I had made a plus size avatar a while ago and initially didn't buy a mesh head for her for years because I couldn't find one that seemed right. I finally broke down and purchased Greer for her and have been happy with the look. 

59 minutes ago, Osa Engawa said:

Now I remember why I never visit these forums, thanks

We are all here to offer advice. Not everyone is going to have the same opinions. You are certainly free to offer yours and we are all free to do the same.

Anyone telling someone their way is wrong is not being helpful either so don't be surprised when called out for it.

Yes, don't worry... the LeLutka sim has been down for the past days. They are changing their vendor system. The store might be back up during the day, but there haven't been any official announcements yet.

Keep an eye on the group announcements (hope the invite did arrive) for a re-opening notice.

EDIT:

Concerning the head shape: numerous sliders can enhance your features. Body thickness should show, but keep an eye on the head/neck seam which might get distorted with too high settings.

Head Stretch, Shape and Egg Head give you the general shape of your head. Try to play a lot with those and how they play together. 

"Fine tuning" can be done with the upper and lower cheeks and the cheekbone sliders.

Chin > Chin-Neck can add a final touch to the chin area.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

1 hour ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Yes, don't worry... the LeLutka sim has been down for the past days. They are changing their vendor system. The store might be back up during the day, but there haven't been any official announcements yet.

Keep an eye on the group announcements (hope the invite did arrive) for a re-opening notice.

EDIT:

Concerning the head shape: numerous sliders can enhance your features. Body thickness should show, but keep an eye on the head/neck seam which might get distorted with too high settings.

Head Stretch, Shape and Egg Head give you the general shape of your head. Try to play a lot with those and how they play together. 

"Fine tuning" can be done with the upper and lower cheeks and the cheekbone sliders.

Chin > Chin-Neck can add a final touch to the chin area.

Thank you so much! this all helps and reminds me to move sliders that I may not have thought to move!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cicelydawn said:

Probably not a good choice if a vast universe of skins and makeup are important to you, but do check out the latest generation of LOGO heads, Mae and Willow. I find they are a good match with my softer body shape. 

Wow. 😍
Lovely face.

I'm still looking for bento heads. I wanna cry. 🤦‍♀️

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Try the Normie head, it is the only head I have found that looks right with a BBW look.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/UTILIZATOR-Normie-Head-DEMO/13071630

Note it is omega compatible so you can use bakes on mesh with it using a separately available omega bakes on mesh hud.

I got the demo, thanks and it does look promising!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.