The Joy Of Steps

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Happy to see this massive stone stairway by Alotta Mole leading from my houseboat's dock to the neighborhood above in Cobb's Marina.  Note the ocean in the far background of the shot as well ... this is in the 9-region "Upper Clump", and SO many homes have ocean views in one or more direction.  My HB faces due west, and at 250 DD I see only open ocean.  To the South I see a cute little out-island, also in Cobb's Marina.  In the unlikely event that I keep this home, I'll run a little ferry to the out-island.

stairs_002.thumb.png.42da5830fdb8d897afbe0ba0317edbcb.png

• Like 9

...and on that musical note :) 

A lovely run of harbourside steps in Siren's Cove, and a nicely placed ramp. Looks like this lovely scene was created by many moles, but it was the guv'ner himself @Abnor Mole who laid down the steps. As I've also been admiring his terrain building elsewhere I thought it was time to throw out some appreciation.

I also note that Pyri Peak is quite scenic when it is viewed in the distance! 

alderley_008.jpg

• Like 4

A lovely series of steps in SSPE351

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE351/190/132/25

Crediting @Lulabell Mole for this installation, a mixture of rock steps and brick steps, I'm counting 46 in total.

Yonder Mole added the mini rock cliffs. He, or she seems to be a mole pup, only four months old and not yet had time to make a forum login!

Notta Mole, another youngster, planted the trees.

alderley_011.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Yeah this home went back! 

I actually think I love that location - it looks like my kind of isolation.  However, I don't currently have an alt that can home surf.  I won't give up anything I already have unless I get something better first.  I could bump an alt to Premium to try for homes, but i can't get inworld to do any abandoning while I'm at work.  Not to mention that I already know that the chances of getting one or two or so specific spots are pretty slim.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually think I love that location - it looks like my kind of isolation.  However, I don't currently have an alt that can home surf.  I won't give up anything I already have unless I get something better first.  I could bump an alt to Premium to try for homes, but i can't get inworld to do any abandoning while I'm at work.  Not to mention that I already know that the chances of getting one or two or so specific spots are pretty slim.

It was nice - and higher than its neighbours with mountains around...

• Like 2

Another great home in Sawtooth, soon to be released. Not only it has those great steps: it's by the end of the street, next to a big protected land/park

I've also been checking Shallow Springs; that area might take a bit longer, telling by those 'greeny-floating-labels' that I don't know how to call. There are several homes with stairs there

Sawtooth.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Another great home in Sawtooth, soon to be released. Not only it has those great steps: it's by the end of the street, next to a big protected land/park

I've also been checking Shallow Springs; that area might take a bit longer, telling by those 'greeny-floating-labels' that I don't know how to call. There are several homes with stairs there

Oh that's lovely, and the placement of the copper leafed tree really sets off the whole frontage. It looks like plenty of space around the plot as well :)

• Like 1

Oooh curvy L-shaped steps in SSPE350 courtesy of @Moonstruck Mole

A nice plot too, with a railway cutting behind it.

I'm loving the houses released lately, the large scale geography of a grand and gradual sweep up to the mountains has led to some delightful landscaping.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE350/108/196/32

the long search_003.jpg

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Oooh curvy L-shaped steps in SSPE350 courtesy of @Moonstruck Mole

A nice plot too, with a railway cutting behind it.

I'm loving the houses released lately, the large scale geography of a grand and gradual sweep up to the mountains has led to some delightful landscaping.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSPE350/108/196/32

the long search_003.jpg

Im sure some Mole is following this thread! 

• Like 2

At the side of the road in newly released Dog Paddle, there's this cute bistro table with a view (DD 312 here)

1978969965_Dogpaddle_001.jpg.d44f6679b4b19e1af00b61a0b80be682.jpg

Which opens onto this lovely stairway by @Lulabell Mole (rocks created by Abnor).  (One tree derendered).  At the beginning, the stairs are brick like the table area, then when the hillside rocks start, the stairs turn to natural rocks.  If you would like LL to add these to a content pack, be careful what you wish for!  Each of the rock stair steps is a separately placed, unlinked object with LI 8 (download cost).  This took a while to create!

1280121273_Dogpaddle_003.thumb.jpg.b0b816617d46c89b4eeed72318239902.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Which opens onto this lovely stairway by @Lulabell Mole (rocks created by Abnor).  (One tree derendered).  At the beginning, the stairs are brick like the table area, then when the hillside rocks start, the stairs turn to natural rocks.  If you would like LL to add these to a content pack, be careful what you wish for!  Each of the rock stair steps is a separately placed, unlinked object with LI 8 (download cost).  This took a while to create!

I was thinking last night about about amazing the region builds are.  It's one thing to put out 10,000 houses on parcels, especially using the 'monopoly house' covers to make sure trees, etc., won't cut into houses, but to also think about landscaping 10,000 parcels, plus all the beautiful landscaping along the streets and in the public areas between parcels, and then the parks themselves. That is a lot of vision and creativity (as well as work) - kudos to the moles for the beautiful job they have been doing. 

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.