The Joy Of Steps

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For some odd reason I seem to really like the houses that have, what would be in real life, a ludicrous number of steps up to the front door.

The property pictured is not an extreme example, but just what I could find just now to picture as an example. (24 in this case)

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has been counting?

What is the longest / highest number of steps up to a front door in Belli?

siting in the garden_002.jpg

• Like 14
  • Haha 4

Haven't finished moving into this camper yet, but so love the access to it.  At first we couldn't figure out how to get from the road to our pretty Shenandoah!  I derendered a couple of trees to show how surrounded it is by its own little cliffs.  You CAN walk up the green slope on the lower right, but from the road that doesn't look like the right thing to do at all.  It's quite steep.

665569800_AntelopeCamper_001smaller.thumb.png.5c847b5ee8a418e58a456293f5bc5474.png

Eventually figured it out.  There's two rock steps right on the road, and then a stairway by the creek.

1435862125_AntelopeCamper_002path.png.818967953c45647f86953f7f0e0100b3.png

This is what you see as you walk up to the trailer.   I send a hug to @Squishy Mole every time I come here.

1538571039_AntelopeCamper_003smaller.png.05e1247c6c760daef0b9b1147e767895.png

• Like 21

Oh my gosh! The steps leading up to houses are beautiful. This has been one the things lacking in my own linden homes I try not to think of or dwell on. I'm thankful for my houses, but the steps leading up to the houses look picturesque. I love how it sets the house back a bit from the streets.

Nice photos by the way! 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2019 at 1:49 AM, animats said:

Yes! Correct riser and step size.

Real-world standard (per OSHA):

figureD-2.gif

Please, follow this, or your steps will look subtly (or not so subtly) wrong.

SL isn't RL ... Avatars stumble over steeper stairs- or rather they just stop!

I used to build invisible triangular ramps to put under stairs to smoothe them.

Might be that was in the good old days (or rather in Open Sim) might be modern "physics" are different.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DellaLaBella said:

Just wondering aloud if the new theme regions will have places as lovely and diverse as these...I've read posts in other threads with photos showing a sort of "cookie cutter" look to the new areas

My thoughts are that the cookie cutter regions are just there for testing purposes, and the thing we had wrong was thinking that the whole new area would be released at once. In existing Belli the coastal regions were developed first and the interior later, so it seems likely that would continue.

• Like 6

Snaps from today's walk starting at Washburn and working my way to Venber via Leera, Ketran and Venber. This may be my favourite coastal stretch in Belli. I love the cliffs, the  planting, and of course the houses perched atop the dizzying flights of steps.

There were many examples on the route and here are just a selection. In no particular order;

Long steps, steep steps and most puzzling of all, the steps to nowhere.

houseboat_007.jpg

houseboat_012.jpg

houseboat_009.jpg

houseboat_010.jpg

• Like 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1535 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.