Trick or Treat/ How do you handle it when they come to your second life home?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question. I have been premium a number of years and so far every year no trick or treaters have ever come by . So this year with all the new homes etc will there be people going roung trick or treating and  if  so what will you give them ???? And for thoses who do not want trick or treaters how will you let them know  do not come to your door?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Question. I have been premium a number of years and so far every year no trick or treaters have ever come by . So this year with all the new homes etc will there be people going roung trick or treating and  if  so what will you give them ???? And for thoses who do not want trick or treaters how will you let them know  do not come to your door?

No porch light means no candy being given out so don't bother with that place. This is Trick-or-Treat LAW, which every trick-or-treater knows. Pffft. ~Crosses arms and harrumphs with a foot-stomp~

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

No porch light means no candy being given out so don't bother with that place. This is Trick-or-Treat LAW, which every trick-or-treater knows. Pffft. ~Crosses arms and harrumphs with a foot-stomp~

lol ok i mean in second life not real life. I have not had any  trick or treaters  .Do any of the avis go trick or treating and if so what would you give them  .I would think with no transfer objects one would have to do something like a gift giver .  And with the new homes,houseboats and campers  a halloween  trick or treat hours for avi s to go door to door ,,,, 

9 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

lol ok i mean in second life not real life. I have not had any  trick or treaters  .Do any of the avis go trick or treating and if so what would you give them  .I would think with no transfer objects one would have to do something like a gift giver .  And with the new homes,houseboats and campers  a halloween  trick or treat hours for avi s to go door to door ,,,, 

I meant Second Life. Put your LL Home Porch Light on and I'll come knock on your door while in costume. So have your stuffs ready!

All "funning" aside - Trick or Treat is a child's game that most people (more or less) stop once they reach puberty. Though I'm not a spring chicken myself (year of the Fire Tiger,) I am with the understanding most SL residents are considerably more along in physical-maturity than I am and if I don't find trick-or-treating an appealing past time these days, I'm suspect the majority of others may feel the same way. :)

Though the Linden Haunted House is still a very fun ride (I do it every year) and Halloween haunts and tours and events and those things are a blast, so be sure to have the Destination Guide fired up in the Halloween category. :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Knutz Scorpio said:

Have the security orb throw them into the lake

LOLOLOLOL   i can see it now ,sitting on the top of your house boat or deck and watching them fly into the water a new sl   tradition. the secret halloween orb game you never know if you will be getting a gift of product or the gift of a free flight 

• Haha 3

The "Bellisseria Citizens" group put out a notice about an organised trick or treat event in Bellisseria anyone can apply for their home to be part of it if they are willing to give something away. I put up a stand at the front of my home with a hot chocolate giver and the sweet bowl that was in the group notices i filled mine up with a few things i've made in the past including a couple of chairs, a pose (made with an inworld tool) and a t-shirt (Maitreya applier & System layer). As long as it's copy/trans and self made or a something that allows giving away free you can give trick or treater's anything you want

Myhome_0014_001_edited.thumb.jpg.e56f71fce042432989da4cff1e7f3daa.jpg

• Like 3

I put a few things in the bowl and placed it at someone else's house (I asked, I didn't just fill somewhere with mushrooms without permission). I'm not sure if anyone's found it yet, but it's there.

In general, trick or treat is done with items that give out the treats, rather than roleplaying people knocking at the door.

• Like 2

Everyone seems to be focussing on the "Treat" - I'm all for the "Trick" - so gonna ask a riddle. If you get it right then some nice, *useful* freebie sent to you. if you get it wrong then you will be shot with my 2006 Cage-Deformer-Orbitor gun and be sent to 50,000 meters into the sky instantaneously. The two-hour fall back to ground level will give you plenty of time to figure out the riddle you got wrong. :D

Edit to add: I am not kidding. I am really going to set this up.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Everyone seems to be focussing on the "Treat" - I'm all for the "Trick" - so gonna ask a riddle. If you get it right then some nice, *useful* freebie sent to you. if you get it wrong then you will be shot with my 2006 Cage-Deformer-Orbitor gun and be sent to 50,000 meters into the sky instantaneously. The two-hour fall back to ground level will give you plenty of time to figure out the riddle you got wrong. :D

Edit to add: I am not kidding. I am really going to set this up.

This could be totally cool. You'll definitely have to drop us a SLURL here.

• Like 5

Over the years I've had trick or treaters stop by at my home on my sister's residential sim. I always put out a bowl of candy on the porch for that purpose and my security orb goes off the entire day of Halloween. 

I won't be taking part in the organized trick or treating in Bellisseria, but I will still put a bowl of candy of my own choosing and turn off the security orb for the day. I love trick or treaters stopping by.

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 1

I had a table set up with a few dispensers but replaced it with a bowl that dispenses candy, the same @Claireschen Hesten has in her picture. 

tot.thumb.png.3576da836e431c08d35739fb009ecde4.png

Being Australian I generally don't celebrate Halloween in real life, though it is starting to catch on even out here in a small outback country town. I tend to see Second Life as an American institution as it's created there so I play along with a majority of the American customs where possible as well as Aussie, if I can.

That said, if people in either world want to celebrate it and show up at my door in costume I'll play along.  But I can't say I've ever had to role play or even do anything in SL regarding Halloween. The few times I've seen people dressed in costume and wandering around when I'm online they're usually just dressed that way to celebrate the season, not to go door-knocking. Having the dispenser insures that those who want to, can, without needing to wait for me to be there. And having so few prims/LI spare means they can't really egg my house so... win-win as far as I'm concerned. ;) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This could be totally cool. You'll definitely have to drop us a SLURL here.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the orbit thing because "permission to animate..." blah, blah. But even a simple cage would be something.The whole point being TRICK or treat, right?  LOL

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.