Bellisseria Homes Going Back in The Pool!

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

WHOOP! Just because it's beautiful does not mean it is perfect for you. Yes it totally is exposed! Nestled is what I wanted. I did get a beautiful abandon in Esplin which fits me an hour or two later so WIN WIN!

I picked up a home in Esplin and it wasn't the plot I wanted but it's perfect. Some homes just feel right. I got rid of my beach plot and have no regrets.

• Like 7

Oh well, was not available AGAIN when the Goodbury plots went.  Le sigh, sad now that I gave up my across-the-street-from-the-sea Cadhaire parcel.   Think I'll give up on the beachy vibe lol.  My houseboat is VERY NICE .... my houseboat is VERY NICE ...

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Sugary Bard said:

I picked up a home in Esplin and it wasn't the plot I wanted but it's perfect. Some homes just feel right. I got rid of my beach plot and have no regrets.

Glad you love the parcel - some people feel it is better to have A parcel rather than none. But I think it's best to have no parcel rather than the wrong one for them. :) 

• Like 3

Generally, I only post abandons when I think there's something nice about the property that people might otherwise miss.  I'll be letting this go this afternoon, probably around 2 SLT, will post an update just before. 

We've made this BellaTerra parcel a home since the region was released.  It's a really pleasant place to live, quite private with a hedge all around it; we had a big  cedar hot tub.  Nicely sited on the lot, we extended the fence & had a couple of large addons and a driveway going all the way to the street on the left.  The neighborhood is very stable, pleasing to walk around, and this home has pleasant neighbors.

But for us, the nicest thing about this place is its proximity to great places.  The Penitent Beach pickle is just down the street, with its rez zone from which you can jump a boat to open water.  The bridge to Cape Fear has nice landscaping all around it and a public pool, and in fact the turnaround next to the house has a nice little viewpoint/park.

Bellaterra_001.png.d3de9751c6a42836264fe123ae3b7401.png

Bellaterra_002.png.f65a0f6002f33c396a851ad6ff14211c.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
2 SLT!
  • Like 4

I finally decided to abandon a house in Sorensen that my alt got on April 16th on the second day of the very forst Bellisseria release.

I liked it a lot and could not bring myself to leave it till now. It is in the second row not sooo near the seashore but with a full view of the sea and a little walk down the hill there is a very natural feeling seashore wit not too many houseboats. I posted a lot of pictures HERE and you can take a look yourself (house is open for public)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Sorensen/202/240/26

I will abandon at 6:00 am SLT - hopefully before any release is expected so not to interfere with that.

• Like 2

Sooooo... is this now the correct thread to post abandons in? Or is it the other thread? Is that thread just for posting official releases and spotting them on the land page? 

Would it maybe be simpler to create two brand new threads, one titled "See a release? Post it here!" and one called "Post your Abandons here!" to clarify things? 

I also wonder, with the number of people still attempting to get a new LH, if posting abandons is even necessary. The are snapped up instantly, and it's not because someone has posted it on the forums - it's because there is still a massive demand for the homes and it's not giving anyone reading the forums a leg up as we see from people who stick around to see who got their abandon and post their names - very rarely, if ever, is it another forum poster.  

I'm truly not trying to be argumentative here - people can post what they want where they want but it might be worth considering having two very clear threads to keep near the top so new folks coming in for information can see them and know what they're for. Or even one thread clearly named as to the purpose for it - "Releases and Abandons."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Sooooo... is this now the correct thread to post abandons in? Or is it the other thread? Is that thread just for posting official releases and spotting them on the land page? 

Would it maybe be simpler to create two brand new threads, one titled "See a release? Post it here!" and one called "Post your Abandons here!" to clarify things? 

I also wonder, with the number of people still attempting to get a new LH, if posting abandons is even necessary. The are snapped up instantly, and it's not because someone has posted it on the forums - it's because there is still a massive demand for the homes and it's not giving anyone reading the forums a leg up as we see from people who stick around to see who got their abandon and post their names - very rarely, if ever, is it another forum poster.  

I'm truly not trying to be argumentative here - people can post what they want where they want but it might be worth considering having two very clear threads to keep near the top so new folks coming in for information can see them and know what they're for. Or even one thread clearly named as to the purpose for it - "Releases and Abandons."

I kind of see this thread as the "before abandon" thread, and the other as the "after abandon" thread. I guess the other is moreso to give an idea of how many people are seeing go by?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

I kind of see this thread as the "before abandon" thread, and the other as the "after abandon" thread. I guess the other is moreso to give an idea of how many people are seeing go by?

I'm honestly not entirely sure. A few months ago when that thread was created, the ability to snag a Bellisseria home was extremely rare. That's not so much the case any longer. There still aren't nearly enough to please everyone, but they are much easier to grab now and I'm not sure of the necessity of posting every time a Bellisseria property shows up on the land page. Releases, sure. There is still plenty of excitement around every new region release and I do think it's helpful to know if a release contains traditionals, houseboats, or trailers so people know whether or not to start slamming the refresh key or sit it out because it's not a release of the type of home they want. 

• Like 1

I thought this thread would be me posting a line of slurls every so often. It got adopted by others to use for their own abandons. I follow both - one for exactly where and when, one for the spotting and release announcements but I won't be posting anymore abandons myself. To whatever people decide to do :) 🥂

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I also wonder, with the number of people still attempting to get a new LH, if posting abandons is even necessary. The are snapped up instantly, and it's not because someone has posted it on the forums -

Well, at the moment I've gone back to the other thread for posting abandons. Personally I find it cumbersome to follow 2 threads about Belli properties.  And, as I mentioned earlier, I now only post abandons if I think there's something interesting about the property that's not immediately obvious.  But I do enjoy seeing others post about their properties.  I don't get in much to explore, and I particularly enjoy the postings and pics of older properties, like Leora's Sorenson parcel, in regions where I haven't spent any time.

The last abandon I posted was taken by a forumite who reads but does not post often.  I had a previous one taken by a recognizable forumite as well.  And I have seen people here thank each other for posting a property they got.  Also, people have a LOT of alts.  If I want to see who truly owns a property, I look at who owns the furniture and landscaping.

If people want to start other, better structured threads, go for it.  Switching may confuse folks who are "following" the other thread and don't check in very often, but I'm sure we all can adjust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, at the moment I've gone back to the other thread for posting abandons. Personally I find it cumbersome to follow 2 threads about Belli properties.  And, as I mentioned earlier, I now only post abandons if I think there's something interesting about the property that's not immediately obvious.  But I do enjoy seeing others post about their properties.  I don't get in much to explore, and I particularly enjoy the postings and pics of older properties, like Leora's Sorenson parcel, in regions where I haven't spent any time.

The last abandon I posted was taken by a forumite who reads but does not post often.  I had a previous one taken by a recognizable forumite as well.  And I have seen people here thank each other for posting a property they got.  Also, people have a LOT of alts.  If I want to see who truly owns a property, I look at who owns the furniture and landscaping.

If people want to start other, better structured threads, go for it.  Switching may confuse folks who are "following" the other thread and don't check in very often, but I'm sure we all can adjust.

where would the other thread be for abandons?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.