Do you prefer shopping inworld or online on SL Marketplace?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Inworld by far, it's just much more... I don't know, touchy? More immersive? After all, if I never leave my home, what am I buying all these clothes for? :P

I don't like the crowded events, but I'll generally go to a "physical" store over marketplace. Marketplace is only useful for finding out about products in the first place. Plus the creators get more money from in-world purchases.

Edited by Cinos Field

I like using marketplace as a bigger search engine, then shopping in world so I can discover new stores etc. If I am doing something studio wise and need something to just add to, and plan to buy from a store I am already familiar with, I might just grab it on Marketplace as it saves me having to do anything more distracting. I do understand that now with so many having MP only stores, we are missing items, experiences etc.

I propose they add a new feature to Marketplace - NEW Stores,  not just new items or popular etc, but if someone creates a brand new storefront and adds to it, that they get some kind of 48 hours sitting in the newness section, which would also help catch those selling copybotted items and fraud, as they would be right there for the flagging and flagging fast :D

• Like 1

I'm only using hte market place now,  I'm finding certain creators though go "COME GET THE DEMO IN MY IN WORLD STORE"  sorry, but if I have to jump hoops to get demos to try outfits,  guess whom I will not buy from.   marketplace is a one stop shop.   running around in world and finding stores that still exist is an issue too.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i don't mind shopping at MP, but, weird i know, like online shopping in RL, i like to see the item in a store ( yeah i know the same picture is there to advertise the item! )
The difference is using MP as guide more, see it there and after that visiting the inworld store.

A bit the same system i use with events.. check the items at Seraphim, and only tp in the lag pit when there's something i want to buy or see closer.

• Like 1

There as a time when most shopping was done in sl this allowed sim land holders could rent shops and subsidize the tier prices and also gave sl people  something to do, but I think once LL saw a gap of making money from sales through market place, this really did kill off the shops in world, this is one reason why as have so much vacant land is available  land buyers just found it too expensive to run large land holdings, I think LL made a massive mistake here, 

I didn't see the Necro alert for this one... ;)

It was Marketplace which trapped me here. I still use it and can shop on my phone when I'm not in world. And I use MP to squirrel stuff away in my favourites list and my basket. 

In world I love the 'in store' shopping experience but I'm guilty of irresponsible spending, and often ignore my budget, and even top up in store so I can continue.

In store shopping is one of the best things in SL.

Always shop in world mostly events, MP only as search engine if I need something specific I cant find in world.

I like SL as virtual world. MP takes that out of the shopping experience. Also I tend to chat a lot in IM while shopping around.

And also important, I spend half my shopping time looking at other people. Their style, ideas, outfits. Love that almost as much as shopping itself.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1913 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.