Special needs user

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

i guess it is the bad weather here i keep getting message need to wait so many minutes between posts ,,, and the copy thinggy is not working correctly ,,,, very sorry  the post is messy and it wont let me edit it ,,,,, making a sad face because it is sad that it is messy

No Rose, that is a limit that is set in the forum software. It can be completely removed, increased or decreased. They just don't want people to flood the forum with posts. That is what that feature is for. Preventing flooding.

Note the amount of time between this post and my next post. One minute. That is what the timer is set at so you have to wait one full minute before making the next post.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No Rose, that is a limit that is set in the forum software. It can be completely removed, increased or decreased. They just don't want people to flood the forum with posts. That is what that feature is for. Preventing flooding.

Note the amount of time between this post and my next post. One minute. That is what the timer is set at so you have to wait one full minute before making the next post.

I saw a notice / post once that someone was given a “no wait” pass for posts! Wish I was that honorable.

53 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

From what i remember it was installed to try and prevent the flame wars that pop up, supposedly a minute would be long enough of a cool down time for posters to calm down.. Apparently they don't realize that you can easily spend a minute just tying your response to someone you are arguing with online.

• Like 2

ok  i keep reading and rereading these posts ,,,, i think some of the problem is how the timming they hit the page ,,, one can be replying to one and other one comes in and the train of thought and it turns into emotional mud puddles ,,,,,

A difference of opinion is not harassment and as adults  we are mature enough to hear each ,other out not assume  just listen  with open mind and heart ,

We should never use the threat of reporting to control or destroy anothers reputation or kick someone from  being on the forums,

We all have different percepction of what can be written and unless we are sitting face to face and in truth unless we are able to merge into the others mind body we never will really know understand  their true meaning,

i learned a very sad heartbreaking lesson last week and i have been avoiding the forums for the most part becasue of it. It was like a uncontrolled tornado hit and the report word was thrown to everyone and i emotionally have not recovered from that .  Why i beg you all be kind and if it is to something not good  here are the blessed  words of my very wise Father who is now on the other side of this physical  realm in real life

he said kid , when someone says someting to you that hurts you first ,,, listen but do not react only respond with love . Hurt people are hurting inside and most of the times dont even know it they just say stuff to get a reaction. Feel the words because it is their pain they are sharing with you but  in a box covered in thorns ,,,,  you never ever do revenge  ,It is enough for you  that you know  what was said and why ,,,, the hate words ,, its because  they feel people dont like them . Just love , If they threaten  listen  love them anyway. it takes 2 people to have a fight a disagreement ,,,, and if you do not fight ,,, they can only argue fight with themselves and truthfully  they probably already are the  inner struggle

so we should never judge or assume  because no one know the depth of the others inner pain and scars ,,,, and if we did would we be able to carry their pain ,,, or be crushed by the intensity of it

hugging each of you  please be kind forgive and love

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

We do NOT agree, whatsoever, on what constitutes harassment (you once told me my disagreement with someone on something was me harassing them, and it wasn't, even the other person eventually told you that but you didn't let up, lol), so, I doubt anyone wants to get back into that whole deal lol. I don't find people laughing at your, or anyone's, posts to be harassment. I never will.

I can't remember but one interaction with you on the forum -- this was late one night when we were discussing your vision challenges. Not to say we didn't talk directly to each other in other threads, but if we did I don't remember it.
But anyway, this incident you are referring to where you believe I labeled your disagreeing with another as harassment -- I simply don't believe that disagreeing with another equals harassment in the least. Harassment involves an intention to bother someone...it's similar to griefing. Likely there was some sort of misunderstanding between us due to additional complexity present in the discussion -- you mentioned laughter issues as something others didn't understand and contributing to the confusion?  I believe it's great to laugh at ones own pain but one must be careful laughing if another is describing their pain. Perhaps if you mentioned specifics it would jog my memory. You can IM me if you want to sort it out.

Anyway, back to my recent incident...I don't believe just because someone is disagreeing with me or laughing at what I say that they are harassing me.   With the present situation you are questioning it involved a pattern that went beyond the few scorn laughs though -- sometimes you have to see a bigger picture to make an accurate judgement regarding what happens between two people over time.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Anyway, back to my recent incident...I don't believe just because someone is disagreeing with me or laughing at what I say that they are harassing me.   With the present situation you are questioning it involved a pattern that went beyond the few scorn laughs though -- sometimes you have to see a bigger picture to make an accurate judgement regarding what happens between two people over time.

Oh ffs. 

I spend far too long last night reading a past thread someone sent me where you were a central figure. I see now that the pattern doesn't involve me at all. I've not been around the forums long enough to have seen you repeating this same behavior with these same accusations in the past with others, but I certainly saw them last night. 

Apparently I have to amend my request for you to cease responding to me to include posting about me as well. I really wish you would agree to the terms that I've requested and freaking stop with the false accusations. Everyone sees through you, Luna. Just stop already. 

Yes, mods, I know this is a personal dispute between two people that shouldn't be on the boards, but I'm not the type to sit here while she continues in this documented pattern of behavior - with me as the target this time. Who's she going to target next? Enough is enough. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I spend far too long last night reading a past thread someone sent me where you were a central figure. I see now that the pattern doesn't involve me at all. I've not been around the forums long enough to have seen you repeating this same behavior with these same accusations in the past with others, but I certainly saw them last night. 

This person has been approaching people trying to turn them against me -- not just you, but many others.  You guys will make great friends I guess.  I don't play such games.

Right now though, I'm having a discussion with Tari if she chooses to continue. She can further comment on how I perceive you, or not...but it's between us so would appreciate you butting out.

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

This person has been approaching people trying to turn them against me -- not just you, but many others.  You guys will make great friends I guess.  I don't play such games.

Right now though, I'm having a discussion with Tari if she chooses to continue. She can further comment on how I perceive you, or not...but it's between us so would appreciate you butting out.

Of course, it's someone else's fault, never yours. That's the game you play. Deny it all you want, St. Luna, but everyone sees you. 

And, no, but you don't get to dictate what I post about, where I post, who I post to, or when I post - especially when the topic is about me. If you and Tara want to have a private conversation about how utterly evil I am, go right ahead - in private. Here? On these public forums? Oh hell no, not without my putting my two cents in as well. 

One more time, Luna - Leave. Me. Alone.

And yes, that includes talking about me in public - unless you are prepared for that particular game to go both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Oh hell no, not without my putting my two cents in as well.

I'm actually more interested in how Tari perceived an incident between us long ago and hope she comments, either here or in IM. I hope that's okay with you.

Edited by Luna Bliss

I don't play tit for tat anymore.

As I said, I don't hold ill will or grudges, so I don't see why there'd be anything to hash out. I said what I said, I stand by what I said, it was relevant to the discussion at the time, but now, most definitely would not be. Tone may be difficult to determine from text, but context clues lend a lot of assistance...and I'm gonna nope right on out of this :D

81e9fd01043f63020160d22d0ee06943.jpg.c0f6f40ccdfd351343c9ec4c6caa88c9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

As I said, I don't hold ill will or grudges, so I don't see why there'd be anything to hash out.

I don't either, and the older I get I see people are usually doing the best they can -- trying to maintain their sanity in a difficult world.

I'm curious, of course, about something I can't remember -- but perhaps not curious enough to spend all that time searching for it    :(

Humor is good, even when misunderstood...

15 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

As I said, I don't hold ill will or grudges, so I don't see why there'd be anything to hash out.

Didn't really catch that, so must reply.  My desire to explore it did not rest on whether you were holding a grudge or not -- I simply wanted to see if I did something wrong so I could apologize.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1685 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.