Underwhelmed with Bellisseria

PixieFruity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I gave up my original Linden home right after Bellisseria started without knowing that it would take me until July 30th to actually get a new home.  I did the whole refresh thing, was too slow a couple times, then FINALLY IT HAPPENED!

I clicked through accepting the house so fast that I didn't know what I got until I TP'd and found out I had a Houseboat.  I was soooo excited I could barely think.

Here I am 2 weeks later and I'm missing my old home.  I see a green dot in my region or close regions every now and then, but I have never seen another person.  I haven't seen all these common areas with people hanging out, and havent seen any parties or gatherings of people.

I looked at the world map and it seems that my region is different than most of the others.  I'm in Sagarc, which is at the very Northeast of the continent and I'm far away from everything.  Because it is at the edge, the water on 2 sides of me isn't even water.  I just smash into the edge of the world.

Does anyone know if there are plans to build new areas on my side because that might make things a little better.

• Like 4

Maybe you should look through this forum and read all the posts about stuff going on.  Join some of the community groups inworld and get out there meeting people and find all the events being held.  They are adding new regions at a rate of 3/4 a week so its possible you will have some next to your edge of the world eventually.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Maybe you should look through this forum and read all the posts about stuff going on.  Join some of the community groups inworld and get out there meeting people and find all the events being held.  They are adding new regions at a rate of 3/4 a week so its possible you will have some next to your edge of the world eventually.

This.

Get out. Walk around. Try to remember that SL is a global community and that everyone is on different time zones too. Neighbors may not be in world when you are.

Join groups. Say hello in chat. Get involved. There is plenty to see and do if you put yourself out there. My closest friends in SL weren't met by being neighbors - I met them through the forums, parties, chats and other activities. 

• Like 3

I think it's more calm now then it was before the Summer.

I am not sure if it's still summer vacation for many. It is really quiet now. I see almost no people sailing. Before the summer, it was sailboats and speedboats all the time. But I am in Europe, most of the activity is when I'm sleeping?

I would think that a house more in the middle of things, would be more fun for you. Along a road, where people drive by.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, PixieFruity said:

I see a green dot in my region or close regions every now and then, but I have never seen another person.  I haven't seen all these common areas with people hanging out, and havent seen any parties or gatherings of people.

The group's like Bellisseria citizens are well worth joing for finding things happening on the continent or just to get all the latest Linden/Mole banter about what's going on. 

Even if you only keep an eye out on the Bellisseria fairgrounds on the map if there's a lot of people there, there's bound to be a resident run event going on. I know so far there's been a Julyfest community day and a particle/light show spectacular

• Like 4

There is the inworld group named Bellisseria Events which is great for everyone looking for the FUN stuff!  Whether looking for a party or any sort of fun, planned or impromptu, it’s a great group to belong to!   https://world.secondlife.com/group/0913c244-8878-95ba-c08c-81fc2214b555#.XVQT8Yvg-lM.link <— here’s a link to the Bellisseria Events Group for finding the FUN in Bellisseria 🌟💃🏽🕺🏽😃🤩

• Like 3

As others have said prior to me, the belli happenings website and the belli events group will be your absolute "go to's" for stuffs going on in Belli!

There is Sooooo much going on. There are meditation classes, ritual stuff for those who are Pagan, tons and tons of DJ parties that move around the entire continent and sometimes even out at sea! There are coffee houses, pubs, general hangouts, themed hangouts such as LGBTQ gathering spots. An animal sanctuary, places to play games.. the list is just ongoing! 

And on top of that, you have all the other Belli groups for things like Merfolk, fishing tourneys, horseback riding, I believe there is even a new "drive/bike/scoot" group?/event lol. Soooo many cool things to do and honestly, the people are really nice and welcoming. 

~waves ma paw and skeeedaddles~

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PixieFruity said:

Thanks to all for the helpful responses. I didn't realize that there were so many groups inside out of of SL to get information.  I guess I'm still something of a noob.

🥰 We are all fairly recent noobs to Bellisseria and we also had to find out the same sort of info 😁 HUGS you and welcomes you to this amazingly beautiful new continent and all the FUN that makes it the most fun I’ve ever had in SL 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PixieFruity said:

Here I am 2 weeks later and I'm missing my old home.  I see a green dot in my region or close regions every now and then, but I have never seen another person.  I haven't seen all these common areas with people hanging out, and havent seen any parties or gatherings of people.

I looked at the world map and it seems that my region is different than most of the others.  I'm in Sagarc, which is at the very Northeast of the continent and I'm far away from everything.

Because of timezones, there are various times where sections of Bellisseria are empty.  Definitely don't let your immediate vicinity impact your view of the continent as a whole.  Later on, when getting a home isn't so difficult, if you want then you could try abandoning your current home and getting a different location that might be more active.  However, there probably isn't any location that will always have people out and about.  So, best bet is to just engage with the different groups for activities.

• Like 4

Hi @PixieFruity

You got some great helpful tips from @Kitten Kaos, @BJoyful, @Beth Macbain, @JessycaJayne and others.  All fantastic tips. I wanted to point you in one more direction that I used to explore Bellisseria community and discover what is out there. btw, there is LOTS.

Take this teleport to the Bellisseria Community Center.  Grab a Bellisseria Community Travelers HUD.  It'll take you directly to many places across the continent of Bellisseria. So much to explore! 

Bellisseria Community Center:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moretti/90/64/24

The Bellisserian Newspaper is also a great source of information.   They have a handy landmarks page as well, to all the current places around Bellisseria.

The Bellisserian
https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/news

Landmarks:
https://thebellisserian.wixsite.com/news/landmarks

I hope all the information helps and you get a chance to explore more of Bellisseria and attend some events and meet people!  😊

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.