Bellisserian Positivity Thread

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, let's give this a try! We need an injection of joy around these parts! 

Bellisserians, how has your (Second)life changed since you landed on Bellisseria? Is it what you were expecting? What brings you happiness when you look around?

I'll start, and it's pretty simple. An incredible group of new neighbors and friends. 

I was lucky enough to get my home in the first hour or so with absolutely no idea what I was getting into. I just saw "houseboat" and thought it sounded cool. I was absolutely gobsmacked by how beautiful it was - and full of excited, happy people! 

The large resident groups sprung up almost immediately, and they're great, but they weren't exactly what I was looking for so I made my own resident group. It is far, far smaller (102 as of today!), and certainly more niche than the big ones, but wow... what an amazing group of people it's brought into my world! Hilarious, intelligent, supportive, diverse... I could brag on my peeps for hours. We spend the day and night in our own little Discord server sharing everything from recipes to... well, dirty things because we're a rather salacious group as well. 

This kind of closeness and support and respect is something I haven't seen a lot of previously in SL. I can be sitting on my deck, and have a neighbor stop in for a chat. People on boats waving. And this little group of awesomeness that has turned into something far more than I ever imagined. 

How about you? How has our SL changed since you got your house or boat? 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 9

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

How about you? How has our SL changed since you got your house or boat? 

For the better, for sure. I used to tp to mainland for sales and think, Oh this nice. Now I tp for fun and think, Damn... As far as the groups, they a little bit too Martha Stewart for me. I prefer groups where you can be sarcastic, have humor and say what you like without people stressing out their panties. Maybe your group like that?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Love the idea to see some positive things here in the forums. 

I also got my houseboat on the first day release.  I was very lucky and got one in an excellent location.  I have seen some real nice locations being developed now by the Moles (who do an AMAZING job), but I don't think I would ever give up what I have.

I've been in SL for over 14 years, and have lived in all kinds of places (rentals, owned mainland, owned private island, original Linden homes, the old linden starter land, and now Bellisseria).  I had started to feel like SL was getting "stale", but am so happy now that they have created this new sense of community.  Bellisseria is definitely beautiful, but what they have really created is a sense of "home".  There seems to be a pride of ownership and the things that people are doing with their homes are just amazing.  It has made logging in to SL so much more fun.  I really look forward to seeing what's new every day and touring around the new homes and lands.  I have boated, ballooned, biked, hiked, skateboarded and walked more around this continent in the last few weeks than I had in the past 12 years.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, iBrat said:

For the better, for sure. I used to tp to mainland for sales and think, Oh this nice. Now I tp for fun and think, Damn... As far as the groups, they a little bit too Martha Stewart for me. I prefer groups where you can be sarcastic, have humor and say what you like without people stressing out their panties. Maybe your group like that?

We are irreverent and ridiculous. Sarcasm is an art form. We have furries, goreans, every flavor of LGBTQ, BDSM, straight, vanilla, butter pecan... the one thing we have in common is having utterly filthy mouths and minds and absolute respect for each other and our differences as well. 

So yeah... lol! 😝

Edited by Beth Macbain
It's typo-rific!
  • Like 15

8 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'll start, and it's pretty simple. An incredible group of new neighbors and friends. 

This! Plus more in world interaction with moles and Lindens, which reminds of days past when that used to be a lot more common. I'm not much into the groups, which seem to be magnets for... well we'll keep it positive and just say that I'm very happy to have the new friends I talk with on an individual basis. 

Real estate-wise, I have to say it's awesome having land on water (beach parcel and houseboat) that doesn't demand the premium prices I'd have to pay elsewhere for the same thing. It's awesome having such nice homes as part of the premium packages I've been paying for the past nine years. Till now, I had no use for the Linden home "perk", and now I am using that benefit as well. :)

P.S. @iBrat, you would fit in with @Beth Macbain's group for sure! I've only popped in to the Discord once so far, and it was fun!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

the one thing we have in common is having utterly filthy mouths and minds and absolute respect for each other and our differences as well. 

As soon I log you got a new member!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Living in a neighborhood is a new experience for me, because really, I've never had the opportunity until now. I have a new hobby of decorating, which I never cared that much about before, but there is a certain element that triggered it - keeping up with the Joneses! But it's a lot of fun :D  I feel like I'm part of something simply by existing there. Bellessaria forevah!

As for the groups, I actually like them, it keeps me company when I feel like hearing chatter. Mostly I'm only listening in in SL wee hours of the night, maybe it's more chill then. That's part of the community for me. I stay out of anything to do with Discord. I don't want to hear people beyond text, tyvm!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

There's too many things to list about what I like about the new Bellisseria community.  I love my new home and how it inspires me to decorate. And redecorate and so on and so on.  I might need a rez box to switch out houses and interiors like changing shoes with outfits. A house for each season.

I especially enjoy the travelling.  Going out and checking the continent out via boat, or airplane, cars, bicycles and getting a chance to eye other residents decorating skills. So amazing!  The parties I have attended have been a blast as well.  So far, everyone has been so welcoming. Whether you're a home owner or not, I have always felt invited and that's a plus to any community.

And being on the water, people wave at you, honk their horns as a gesture of 'hello' or if you're in a slow put put boat, I've even been circled a few times and a 'hello' shouted out.  It sure reminds me of Second Life back in 2006 when I joined (minus the griefers).

I've only joined a couple of groups, a few are very quiet and some, well they are active (stays positive here).

Best of all is all the offered help, suggestions and extended friendship offered by people I've never met in Second Life oh AND Patch, the Lindens and Moles are the icing on the cake.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

Living in a neighborhood is a new experience for me, because really, I've never had the opportunity until now. I have a new hobby of decorating, which I never cared that much about before, but there is a certain element that triggered it - keeping up with the Joneses! But it's a lot of fun :D  I feel like I'm part of something simply by existing there. Bellessaria forevah!

As for the groups, I actually like them, it keeps me company when I feel like hearing chatter. Mostly I'm only listening in in SL wee hours of the night, maybe it's more chill then. That's part of the community for me. I stay out of anything to do with Discord. I don't want to hear people beyond text, tyvm!

I think there is definitely an AM and a PM Bellisseria, especially with it being populated by people from all over the world. And that's another thing I love - my neighbors are from all over the place! So awesome to get to meet them all!

Not sure about other Discord servers, but mine has been 100% text based so far. We have a couple voice channels but I don't think anyone has ever used them. I hate wearing my headset... lol! 

• Like 14

For me, I have lived in communities that floundered, owned a community on rented land. I never bought land or had a Linden home before. I merely just existed mainly in my little corner of a rented parcel on a private estate. Since moving into Bellisseria, I have become more talkative in groups,  and discord group. I enjoy trying to drive a boat without hitting neighbors or other homes(not going so well). Drove my car all over the roads and enjoyed getting lost multiple times and meeting the animals of Belli. Without Belli, I would still be like Baby and stuck in a corner(rut), wondering why I was still on SL.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Since April 15, 2019 I have been able to walk out of my house(boat), hop into one of my many boats or onto a dolphin and take off searching for new adventures. That is something that really few of us can do without spending a lot for buying or renting a mainland parcel. I've gained +100 (so far at least) new friends. In every other place I've lived in SL this is the closest I have found to a real community. The moles have done an amazing job of building and landscaping the regions and they only getting better and faster at doing it and I think it's made a huge positive impact on my enjoyment of SL.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Or or...that I can jump in my row boat and row down a few sims to the area where Beth's houseboat is and play marco polo trying to figure out which one is hers. 

Paddles really quick to get down to Quartz Lake  "She's probably not even home..."

Nearly gets run over by a barge on the way!

yikes.png.93207dc202edb8d2f1a74aab0cc2859d.png

^ Seriously, that scared the crap out of me when they blew their big horn and I was like, looking around going what the hell is that, is that a 

B A R G E!

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 5
  • Haha 17

This community reminds me of the SL I came to years ago. People helping other people was the norm then and it is here too. So I'm all in with this place. I like the Lindens and moles being around in public too haven't seen that in a long while. Not to mention it gives Prudence 4 houses to decorate and we don't have to buy them. LOL

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I'm personally loving the exploring aspect of Bellisseria.  I have a house and my partner has a houseboat, so I have the best of both worlds basically.  I even bought a cute little bike from Dust Bunny/Consignment, for exploring around the continent at a nice leisure pace.  What the Moles and Lindens have done on this continent is simply amazing and gorgeous.  I have not seen an area yet that I didn't like.  You can tell that a lot of thought, time and work went into every inch of the region, that I have seen so far.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Or or...that I can jump in my row boat and row down a few sims to the area where Beth's houseboat is and play marco polo trying to figure out which one is hers. 

Paddles really quick to get down to Quartz Lake  "She's probably not even home..."

Nearly gets run over by a barge on the way!

yikes.png.93207dc202edb8d2f1a74aab0cc2859d.png

^ Seriously, that scared the crap out of me when they blew their big horn and I was like, looking around going what the hell is that, is that a 

B A R G E!

Hahahaha... yes, that's just @Fritigern Gothly out delivering some freight!

Mine is right under the lighthouse... says Boaty McBoatface on the side!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

Since April 15, 2019 I have been able to walk out of my house(boat), hop into one of my many boats or onto a dolphin and take off searching for new adventures. That is something that really few of us can do without spending a lot for buying or renting a mainland parcel. I've gained +100 (so far at least) new friends. In every other place I've lived in SL this is the closest I have found to a real community. The moles have done an amazing job of building and landscaping the regions and they only getting better and faster at doing it and I think it's made a huge positive impact on my enjoyment of SL.

Now I recognize you! (sometimes I wish we could see the inworld names here, I don't always recognize people lol)

/waves at her friend

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Hahahaha... yes, that's just @Fritigern Gothly out delivering some freight!

Mine is right under the lighthouse... says Boaty McBoatface on the side!

Gonna have to hitch a ride one day with Fritigern.  My little hear is still pittering in fright. Thank goodness for quick row boats or he'd have smooshed me to the bottom of the river.

PS: These are the things I loooove about the Bellisseria community.  Such fun and good sport to be had!

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For me, I was barely logging into SL, I would go a month+ at a time before April. I was an introverted hermit keeping everyone at arm's length. I didn't trust. I used ban lines to create a false sense of safety. I was still running scared from something that happened 12 years ago.

Since April 16th, I have missed, I think 2-3 days? I adore the community that has grown in Bellisseria for the most part. I've gained friends and neighbors. I wander and explore. I say hello first sometimes and don't always retreat away. I've started building again, something I used to love to do.

Idk, Beth, lol got room for someone that isn't into um.. everything ;) but still loves the community and laughter and humor (and recipes!)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Cian Wycliffe said:

Mean while Pru tries to kiss a pelican. https://gyazo.com/ee7fd2106e921a42422fd8bc46ccb562

I wasn't trying to kiss it! I was trying to snatch it up and take it home. Think Beth will notice one is missing???

pink.thumb.png.4aa51ce6ee918a5b1ccc5761f64e74e2.png

I didn't get a Flamingo but I did manage to nab me a Corona!

Corona.thumb.png.a385f5d4a73613dbe5f796f837bcb5e5.png

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 11
  • Haha 4

I got my first house within the 48 hours and it was quite by accident.  I was looking for a new one and noticed that the Bellisseria came up, I picked that one and got a house.   Since then I have abandoned it and got a better location.  

I am quite the introvert in SL however, I have met my neighbor and we chat when we are on and I even went to one of the shows she helps put on.  I also went on a boat ride with @PrudenceAnton.  I have ran into Hammy a few times and the beaver who likes tools.  

I am having fun decorating and changing my houses.  I just love the landscaping everything just looks so nice.  I even am learning to drive in SL (be careful if you see me on the road) and I really can't explain it but it just feels so peaceful when I am there.

<==========  wants to join Beth's group.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

I even am learning to drive in SL (be careful if you see me on the road) and I really can't explain it but it just feels so peaceful when I am there.

<==========  wants to join Beth's group.

Hides when Bamboo is out driving ....🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I joined our fair world in 06 due to a class on cyber cultures. To this day, I think I am the only student to still be in world. Not even sure if our professor stuck around. We had class one time at the Crack Den and the AD&D player in me got sooooooo excited. This was an new place to explore and be a part of! 

Over the years I've been in several communities, whether they were RP or communes or whatever....and over the years, finding those communities I fit into was harder and harder. 

Belli was a chance to have that community and friendship again, to find that breath of fresh virtual air in SL again. I got my house last weekish and I have made so many new friends (yes, Beth's group).....I don't have the best spot, or over a fun sim with neat stuff to explore......but of all the places to get a house in Belli, I ended up next door to my best friend of 10+ years in SL, so unless she moves.....I aint giving up my space and I'll just visit everyone else's fun space! 

I came to Belli  for a fun new house, and maybe a chance at a community again. I found so much more. 

Thank you Beth!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.